main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton It is time to select a ''City Representative'' for our FanForce Chapter - EVERYBODY PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    It's time for Edmonton FanForce to decide who is going to be our City Rep. This thread is to form a list of people who might be interested in the position.

In order to become CR, you must meet the following criteria:

City Reps (Chapter Reps) and their duties

- City Reps are the ?go to? people for the FanForce Chapters here on FanForce.
    - CR?s must have the ability to communicate with their members in the real world, not just online. In other words a CR cannot do his/her job to the best of his/her ability if he/she is hours away from the group.
    - CR?s must also be available to the group, again in real life, 12 months out of the year (vacations and accidents don?t count). If a CR is a member of a chapter but schools elsewhere for the winter/summer months, outside of a reasonable distance, it will be regarded as unacceptable and the title will have to be passed.
    - CR?s are the communication links between FanForce Official Chapters and the RSA.
    - A CR?s responsibility is to keep the RSA informed of any important issues that the Official Chapter may be happening, generate more activity within the Official Chapter itself, and to offer assistance to new members that have questions that join there group.
    - City Reps must also be 18 years of age or older (a safety precaution implemented by the FanForce Staff)
    - CR?s must hold the rules and ethics of FanForce in a higher regard than the average member; you cannot be a leader if you can?t follow the rules yourself.

How to elect a City Rep

1) After you have had your first 3 official meetings and you have been granted your ?Official Chapter? status, it is time for the members to elect a City Rep.
    2) The choice of CR is given to the chapter members to choose. If more than one candidate is up for the position then a vote will be needed. It is suggested the members send in their nominations/votes to their RSA to tally so that the utmost fairness will be achieved in the election. Polls on the forums can are often tampered with by people posting with multiple ?socks?
    3) If CR meets the requirements, as listed above (the RSA will make that judgment call), the elected member will be elevated to VIP status, and will be granted access to the City Rep forum where he will be given an added list of functions and duties.

First off, we have to make a list of people who would be willing to serve as our CR. Then, once we have a list of candidates, we can proceed on to the vote as mentioned above.

So, if you are interested in the position, please post on this thread, and we can form a list of candidates.

Let's set a deadline of Wednesday, October 2, 2002 for people to decide if they want to put their name on the list of candidates for the CR.

Speaking for myself, I would be honored to serve you all as the Edmonton City Representative, so I guess that is one... :)

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

2. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Well... My vote would be for you Jade... You've organized all of the events thus far, and seem to be a pretty good leader:). Well thats all I have to say. ;)

3. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Seeing as how I cannot meet all of the requirements, I nominate Indigo_Jade

4. General_Tekno

General_Tekno Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2001
    I second Indigo Jade.

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    How many people are in the edmonton chapter?

Who still needs to voice their opinion?

6. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    I think Indigo_Jade would be a great CR. He has my vote!

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    That is 5 votes for Indigo... did you guys reach a majority already?

8. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Hey, guys I actually have five minutes online today :0 I think it's a safe bet that Indigo will be getting this title. Add one more vote for him.

9. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I haven't been here long and have not been able to make it to any events yet, but Indigo has always taken the time to tell me what's going on anyway. So my vote goes to him.

10. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Thank you VERY much for the votes of confidence you guys!!!!

I originally intended this thread to be a simply "if you want the job, speak up and we can hold a vote" thread, but your support has overwhelmed me. Thanks a BUNCH!!!!

Darth_Haggis - I am assuming the criteria you miss is "living in the city 12 months out of the year", it was stated on the London board by YJN

"That line should be read as, "The CR title must remain in the chapter city 12 months of the year. Meaning... it needs to be transferred to a new CR if the elected CR is leaving for a period of time."

So if you are interested in being CR, then you would still be eligible I think.

YoungJediNiagra - We have about 7 members that are "regulars" and 2 or 3 that come by every once and awhile... of those we still haven't heard from: astrozombie, fingthething, and Vua__Lua.

Once again, thank you SO much for your support everybody!!! :)

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

11. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    So if there are 7 "regulars" and I see 7 votes in your favor I guess all we have to do is offer our congratulations...

Congratulations Indigo_Jade (John), Edmonton?s first City Rep.

Give me some time to give you all the bells and whistles...pop up on MSN when you get a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.