main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming It Printed Money! In 3D! The Nintendo DS/2DS/3DS/N3DS/Mobile Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2004.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It seems that Super Mario Bros Deluxe is being offered as a free download to anyone who creates a Nintendo Network ID before January 31st.

I assume this is the Game Boy Color version, which is a good game. Though I have played and completed it already.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Was there a non-GBC version of SMB Deluxe?

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    None that I know of.
    But hey, it's a fine game to have and it costs nothing

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    SMBD? Man, that takes me back. It had achievements before achievements were really a thing.

purplerain likes this.
  5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Free is always good, and Super Mario is one franchise that you can't really go wrong with. I signed up without reading the page properly. I was wondering why my code wasn't turning up until I did read the page. It'll be a long month and a half. :(

Oh, and I got Bravely Default for Christmas! I'm torn between finishing the demo and starting the game now.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It seems like Pokémon Bank may have a delayed release in the Western world. It was pulled from the e-shop in Japan after the thing was flooded with illegal hacked Pokémon (which Nintendo claimed couldn't happen due to checks they had put in place, lol) so presumably they will have to make fixes for it first before it gets a wider global release.

Shame, I was looking forward to it.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Yeah, it's called "Super Mario Bros."

*cue rimshot*

Technically, that goes back to "Super Mario Bros. 2"/"The Lost Levels", since the achievement was getting to World 9 and then opening up A-D on the old Famicon version. The SNES version just made it a lot easier.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Next Level goes 2nd Party.

They were the developers behind Luigi's Mansion 2 and are now Nintendo exclusive.

Nintendo needs to do this more.

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I was referring to the sticker book in Deluxe.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm interested in Mario Party: Island Tour

The Wii version was great for when friends were over and I would hope the 3DS version is the same. There are a lot of levels and mini-games to choose from and 4 people can play off one cartridge.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Pokémon Bank was released today (finally) for Europe & Australia. Seems Nintendo is going to see how it copes there first before making it available for North America.

I've found it great so far, transferring stuff from Pokémon White is no problem.
    Plus I got a free Celebi for downloading the app from the e-shop :D

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    A free Celebi? I might download it just for that.

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    You guys plan on paying the monthly fee for using it?

14. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

Actually, it's an annual fee of $5.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Oh, that's not bad. I misread and I thought it was $5 a month.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Ah, didn't know that. I only have "All Stars".

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Just got my download code for Super Mario Deluxe! Also noticed that there are some Level-5 games on offer. Anyone play any these? Crimson Shroud, Liberation Maiden, Starship Damrey, and Attack of the Friday Monsters.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, Nintendo ninja'd a Nintendo Direct in last evening (figures- first time I don't have to get up early to watch one and I don't know about it). TONS of 3DS announcements/updates (it's like, damn, man, why not |direct| some of that game dev love at the Wii U?

-Steel Diver sequel, Sub Wars, that is a tactical FPS game, available now (including a limited F2P version). Comes across as almost Star Fox 64 multiplayer-like (complete with a Peppy look-alike in the premium version of the game)

-Kirby Triple Deluxe features multiple special moves per special ability and has a May 2nd release.

Moe of Yoshi's New Island was shown- I love the transformation abilities added, as well as the Super Yoshi abilities which basically turns the game into a mini-Sonic game (which is very appealing to m, because, while I like Sonic in small doses, I can never really enjoy more than a couple levels of Sonic before I get bored of it)

-Weapon Shop de Omasse is an inetresting sounding rythym game/RPG hybrid where you run the weapon shop from a typical JRPG, forging the weapons and items that adventurers come to buy, meeting all types of heroes.

-Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is a collection of Baseball minigames with a F2P/DLC structure that is very interesting- you can haggle the prices in-game by improving character moods or offering them in-game items, and the haggled prices will then reflect the real-world cost to buy the game. There's something pretty brilliant about making a game out of the purchase of F2P/DLC content.

-Several retro-themed eShop titles, including Shovel Knight & Retro City Rampage,
    -Another Professor Layton game was announced.
    -A Pokemon puzzle game called Battle Trozei was announced.
    -Mario Golf hits May 2nd.
    -A Soccer RPG called Inazuma Eleven is available on the Shop now.
    -Yoshi island and Monster Hunter 4 3DS XL models have been revealed (not in the Direct), though no word on North American releases yet.

I just want to win the lottery and lock myself away to play all these games (plus the ones already on the system and all the ones of the DS i haven't gotten to yet).

EDIT- Also, a Bravely Default TV commercial:

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    DS WFC online multiplayer services will be shutting down May 20th. Get those Tetris DS, Mario kart DS, Metroid Prime Hunters & Pokemon Black/White matches in while you can.

As of May 20, 2014, certain online functionality, including online play, matchmaking and leaderboards for many Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games, will no longer be accessible. For a list of Nintendo games and services that are affected, please check http://www.nintendo.com. Users can still play these games in offline mode, which continues to offer a rich game-play experience. Other online functionality on Wii and Nintendo DS, such as access to the Wii Shop Channel, the Nintendo DSi Shop and video-on-demand services, are also not affected at this time.

Online play for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games will be unaffected (aside from the Wii mode on Wii U and Nintendo DS games played on Nintendo 3DS family systems).

Our focus now shifts to readying our Wii U and Nintendo 3DS matchmaking services for upcoming games such as Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros.
    We at Nintendo sincerely thank our fans for their continued support of our company's legacy systems. Your enthusiasm for games made for these systems speaks to their longevity, and the passion of Nintendo fans

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    [​IMG]
    You guys see the new Yoshi 3DS XL? It looks pretty cool. It has a white back with four Yoshi eggs. On the inside it's all plain white. Note: it does NOT come with the new Yoshi's New Island 3DS game. Isn't that weird?

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That's quite a fun design, although I'm not keen on getting novelty consoles.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm surprised it won't have the game packed in (or DL'd). Isn't that usually the point of doing a custom scheme? I mean, a red/blue Mario themed one could standalone without a game but when you've got Yoshi eggs on it...

24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Its kind of odd, although its not the first time Nintendo has done this recently- the Pokemon X\Y 3DS didn't have the actual games on them either. Though those bundles came out before the games themselves too.

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    The same is true of the Pikachu 3DS XL, but again that was out before the games, though it could have had Pokemon Black/White 2.