main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming It Printed Money! In 3D! The Nintendo DS/2DS/3DS/N3DS/Mobile Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2004.

1. Darth_Xizor

Darth_Xizor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2003
    BUMP!

I heard on gamefaqs that there will be an event where nintendo will reveal the price, date, cost, etc. in a few weeks. :D

2. Darth_Xizor

Jan 1, 2003
    Price and release date have been confirmed by Nintendo! :D

November 21 for $149 [face_dancing]

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I think the news was that Metroid Prime Hunters would also be included.

4. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Its a demo of Metroid Prime:hunters and pictochat is also included. Which is a smart thing to do. $149 is a nice price :)

5. Project_Starscream

Project_Starscream Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    "I liked the virtual boy. It was unique and enjoyable in my opinion. It's good when they try something different."

I agree with your views on the Virtual Boy. It is good to see another VB fan on this thread as I was getting tired of all the VB bashes.

6. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    hello. I am a new user to the Gaming forum. I can't believe I haven't found this earlier.

I was reading the beginnings of this thread and had to laugh. The DS as Nintendo's answer to Sony's Eye-Toy? Please. Nintendo never would try to remake a product that crappy. :p

7. tim500

tim500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Ninetdno DS costs US$149 w/ Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (1-4 Player Demo of Metroid Prime Hunters) & PictChat inbuilt. And it has an alarm and calender in-built too! (Who needs a PDA, huh?)

All games will be announced October 7!

And the release date is sweet too, November for North America, December 2nd for Japan and early 2005 for us in the rest of the world!

6-10 hours of battery life too! (Which is better than it sounds, literally! The GBA is around this estimated battery life by Ninty and it can play up to 17 hours max unoffically)

The PSP's price is strongly rumoured at US$300-350! Gamefront.de is the source for that one, but Sony is yet to announce the price (they say after the TGS) officially.

Anyway, by October 7 we'll know a whole lot more ...

8. NeverKnowsBest

NeverKnowsBest Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2004
    yup, for 149 bucks you get the system, a demo for MP: Hunters called MP: Hunters: First Hunt, and built in pictochat

9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Some interesting stuff on the wireless capabilities and Nintendo feature length cartoons. Iwata: DS can download and play back games.

>>>"The DS's wireless connection isn't just a substitute for the link cable that was used on the Game Boy [for multiplayer games]. The DS has wireless download capability, which allows it to receive a program and to execute it. With it, people can play games together using only one cartridge,"<<<

>>>"We are absolutely considering the idea [of going into the movie business]," Iwata said. "Although we don't have anything to talk about right now, we hope to make an announcement by the end of the year."<<<

I'm really surprised that Nintendo is going to let multiplayer without every player owning the same game. I would have figured they would still want to gouge their player base.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

10. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...dammit, i had done SO well ignoring the hype for this thing...

My gf just purchased for me, back in July, a brand new GBA SP (my origial GBA that i bought at launch had been stolen recently)..

I'd finally found some time to actually sit down and start playing thru the myriad of games i'd purchased, over the years (FINALLY made it to the end of "Advance Wars 2", still have "Sword of Mana", "FF Tactics Advance", "Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga" and "Advance Heroes" to go)..

I'd managed to chalk up the DS as 'just another Virtual Boy' (not to diss VB fans.. I actually thought it was kinda cool, back in the day, but it was ultimately a failure), something that just 'wouldn't fly'..

But i just made the mistake of clicking on an article about it over at gamespot.com..Big mistake :p

See, i've been hooked on portable gaming ever since the original Gameboy's inception back in 1989...For years, it was the only gaming system i was allowed to have (because my parents had heard that Nintendos could ruin your tv set)..

And the bloody thing just sounds so freakin' intriguing...

Now the question becomes:

how do i nab this thing at launch WITHOUT my gf finding out about it...? :p

11. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to the DS, its new gameplay. One that I never experienced before. I like that :)

how do i nab this thing at launch WITHOUT my gf finding out about it...?

Get the DS and say your SP has been stolen or lost :p

12. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Get the DS and say your SP has been stolen or lost

I would, except that the gf (who claimed she 'never played videogames') has taken the GBA SP HOSTAGE!

Besides, if i lost this one, she'd more then likely kill me :p If not for the fact that it was a pretty expensive gift from her (considering how much money she makes) then because, if i dared lose her source for Dr. Mario-fun, she'd go nuts...

13. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Actually you can play GBA games on the DS (atleast single player) so she will still be able to play Docter Mario :)

If not for the fact that it was a pretty expensive gift from her (considering how much money she makes)

Give her an expensive gift, I'm sure she will forgive you ;)

14. PTGrievous

PTGrievous Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2004
    http://opa-ages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18357 <--- My work gathering as much DS Info as possible into ONE place.
    Enjoy

15. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Nintendo DS is gonna rock.

I wasn't sure what to think of it at first, but with a brand new Super Mario (in 2D no less!! the way it should be if you ask me), among many other must-have titles, this portable is gonna pack a mighty punch.

The innovation and FUN will be paramount, and that's all I can really ask for.

16. PTGrievous

PTGrievous Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2004
    Take a look at the demonstration clips at GameSpot (theyve probably been linked to in this thread...), you might love Super Mario 64 DS :D

17. Darth_Xizor

Jan 1, 2003
    Hooray! It comes out in 3 weeks! w00t!

18. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Here is a high res of the DS!!

[image=http://img35.exs.cx/img35/6206/DS.jpg]

Anyone want high res images of the actual games?

If so, what games?

19. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...okay..so is it true that this thing is selling out in preorders?

I keep reading articles stating that there are places that are no longer accepting preorders cause they have maxed out for launchday..

Yet, i go online, and have no problem finding websites that guarentee me a DS on launch day..

Today, i went into my local EB, and ask one of the employees about the DS:

Guy says he really doesn't know ANYTHING about the system, besides the fact that it will be available November 21st (though he said REALLY the 22nd)..

I asked him how his preorders are doing, and he says "actually, we get alot of people coming in and ASKING about the state of our preorders, but almost no one is ACTUALLY preordering.."

So what's the deal? Is this a marketing game that Nintendo is playing?

20. Forceflow98

Forceflow98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    I look foward to the system but it really annoys me that they didn't include Game Boy/Game Boy Color support (it would have been very easy to include the stuff needed for that, especially since the Game Boy Advance already has them).

Also it's stupid that they don't consider it to be the next Game Boy. The only reason why they wouldn't, is because they would release another Game Boy some time soon (which would be terrible because I can't afford another system that soon after this one).

And if they don't release another Game Boy soon, then it was completely pointless not to consider it to be the next Game Boy (since the real "next Game Boy" could have been considered the sequel to this).

21. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...see, i've wondered about that too, ForceFlow98..

This whole "not making this the true heir to the GBA"..

Seems almost like Nintendo is leaving itself an escape-hatch.. Should the DS not do well, they'll have another Gameboy waiting in the wings..

I'm not sure about this...

On one hand, the innovation of the unit really has me excited, on the other hand, the fact that NO one i talk to knows much about the system, and just my gut in general, tell me that this is gonna be another Virtual Boy...

22. General-Jawa007

General-Jawa007 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    ok, i know there are a lot of bundles going around. does anyone know if metroid hunters is in one of thoose bundles?(i saw a pic of the ds and hunters together at gamestop, and i didn't know if you got it or not.)

23. SW_Holiday_Special

SW_Holiday_Special Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Metroid Prime: Hunters is not a launch title (however a playable demo will be included with the DS).

24. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    you get a demo of Metroid Hunters with the DS which is gonna be awesome.

25. General-Jawa007

General-Jawa007 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    when is metriod prime hunters coming out?