VIDEO It Prints Money! In 3D! The Nintendo DS/2DS/3DS/N3DS/Mobile Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by The2ndQuest, Jan 9, 2004.

Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I'm still waiting for Super Metroid :p

It's gonna be a long wait :p
  2. Ramza Administrator Emeritus

VIP
    star 7
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Focus depths- you couldn't look at both screens at the same time like you can with the DS. Not every game is dependent on that, but it would make some things difficult to translate in a playable form.
  4. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    Has anyone got Space Harrier? I'm so very tempted but it's pricier than I was expecting. I did try out Bravely Default which is amazing. It's like all the best aspects of the old Final Fantasy games with The 4 Heroes of Light thrown in.

I notice that there's a youtube app thing as well. Not sure what the point is as it doesn't actually play any of the 3D videos in 3D.
  5. Ramza Administrator Emeritus

VIP
    star 7
    It's probably just to make accessing YouTube easier; IMO the web browser is kind of a pain to use.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    Big new 3DS software update active right now, adds a new feature to the system called Miiverse. It requires you to have a Nintendo Network ID which you use to link your DS & Wii systems together (should you have both) and communicate more easily with the wider world.
  7. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, it's great to have Miiverse accessible on the 3DS- hopefully 3DS games coming out can integrate it as well as some Wii U games.
  8. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    One thing I noted with the update is that money will be shared between a Wii U and a 3DS if you have the same ID on both, so it doesn't matter which one you add funds too as it will be available on both. I don't have a Wii U but I can imagine that it'd be useful for those that have both.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    It doesn't seem to be much atm except various communities posting about certain games from what I've seen, but the linking together is a good idea.
  10. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I just want 2D Metroid on my 3DS. COME ON NINTENDO!
  11. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    I'd be curious to see if they made it 3D like they've done with other games. That could be cool.
  12. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Like a side-scroller with pop-out 3D? Yes, I want that :p

Super Metroid 3DS! PLEASE!
  13. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    Yeah, they did it with Altered Beast and a few others.

Also, I just looked and it seems that Metroid 1 and 2 are on the eshop already.
  14. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    They are - but they're not Super Metroid. Fusion and Zero Mission would be nice, too.
  15. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Some 3DS trailers from this morning's Nintendo Direct:

Yoshi's New Island, with involvment from the guy who worked on the original SNES game:

Chibi-Robo Photo Finder:

Bravely Default (with a free demo side-mission not in the full game):

The Kirby 3DS game is also now titled Kirby: Triple Deluxe, and it includes a Hypernova sucking ability and an all-Kirby Smash Bros mode with different Kirby abilities.
    Last edited by The2ndQuest, Dec 18, 2013
  16. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
  17. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, well, they need to save something for 2015 ;).
  18. Ramza Administrator Emeritus

VIP
    star 7
    "Hey, we're sorry Bravely Default is inexplicably taking two more months to arrive in North America for literally no reason at all, have a bonus sidequest." Gee, thanks Square Enix, I guess all is forgiven now.
  19. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    The demo will unlock bonuses in the full game, and it's a lot of fun too. I'm not getting it until Christmas so I still have to wait. It seems odd that the US will get it two months later when usually it's the other way around. Still, once you've completed the demo you'll have a good head start.
  20. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, but I think Ramza's point is that it makes no sense that it's being delayed in the first place. And it makes sense there's a delay if it's a Japanese game, but considering Australia and the EU already have it, it's a bit odd that it's taking so long to get to North America without any real explanation.
  21. Ramza Administrator Emeritus

VIP
    star 7
    Well, it makes complete sense if you assume Square Enix wants it to miss the holiday season intentionally for some reason, I guess.
  22. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    @Penguinator: true, but then the EU often gets games months later with no reason. We haven't got the first Adventure Time game and we probably won't ever get it either.
  23. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    Double post, sorry.
    Last edited by moosemousse, Dec 22, 2013
  24. wmu'14 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nintendo DS > Xbox One/PS4
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Concerning Yoshi's New Island, what is the general consensus on the new art style? I'm not really digging it for some reason.
  26. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I didn't really have a problem with it or even really noticed it. I basically expect the drawn/cut-out style for the series by now.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest