main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming It Printed Money! In 3D! The Nintendo DS/2DS/3DS/N3DS/Mobile Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2004.

1. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    Virion was lame.
    It's all about Donnel.

2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Personally I think Ricken is the best.

3. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Virion was so overpowered in my game it was hilarious. Looking forward to the new Fire Emblem.

I've got the Majora's Mask 3DS XL pre-ordered but I must admit I've become quite fond of my A Link Between Worlds XL. Wish it came with a hard copy of Majora's Mask instead of a pre-installed one too.

4. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm thinking about getting Majora's Mask 3D but I need to finish Ocarina of Time 3D first. I got to the Fire Temple and then stopped for some reason.

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Because you realized you had to do the Water Temple next and decided it just wasn't worth it? :p

6. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    You know I've heard about how bad the Water Temple is but I've not played it yet. It's apparently very annoying and frustrating though.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    They did make a few changes to it from the original to make things easier, but it still took me twice as long to do as the other dungeons.

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    They must've done something right, because when I played through OoT3D for the first time just a few months back (having never played it on the N64), I didn't have any trouble with the supposedly dreaded Water Temple.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They did streamline the Water Temple for the 3D release but I forget what they changed I make it easier (IIRC the touchscreen on/off iron boots helped considerably in reducing annoyance factors).

10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    They also had some coloured piping that kinda show the water levels/etc. Though back with the original, I never really had an issue with the water temple other than the on and off with the iron boots.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So I was able to take advantage of having parents in another state who live near a slow Gamestop and was able to acquire...

[​IMG]

"Sup, Bro- what's new with you?"
    [​IMG]

Evolution chart- though there may be a missing Link...
    [​IMG]

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  12. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I can't stop staring at the PyrAmiibomid behind you.

TrandoJedi and The2ndQuest like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    This is a videogame appeal.

Xenoblade Chronicles was a highly neglected, massively sidelined game when it was released in the dying days of the Wii. Few gamers got to experience its charms and it vanished.

Now it's back and needs your support. Just released in 3D on 3DS, the port is reported to be excellent and has faithfully replicated its dead Wii brother. Now, how about you ensure this time it doesn't die a sad, lonely death of consumer neglect?

[​IMG]

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So you're saying i should play it? ;)

If it makes you feel any better- the whole reason it is getting a N3DS port and a U sequel is because XBC actually sold more in NA than it did in Japan- despite only being available through a single retailer. So Nintendo knows the game has gotten it's due.

The N3DS version is tempting, but I'm gonna hold out for an eShop release for a little while. It took me 3 years to get around to buying Fire Emblem Awakening, I'll get tp XBC one way or another eventually.

BEHOLD!

[​IMG]

Basically all of the Smash line (pre-Ike/Dedede) plus Toad, minus 4 regulars & Lucario, with duplicates of Yoshi, Mega Man, Meta Knight, Shulk, Hold Mario & Rosalina.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Why do you have so many Yoshis? And why is everything still packaged? WHY? POR QUE?

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Smash Yoshi was recently lowered in price (presumably to make shelf space for the MP10 Yoshis) so I grabbed 3 extras to eventually repaint so I can have the original SNES spread of Green/rRed/Blue/Yellow Yoshis. Same reason why I'm starting to amass so many Mega Mans (though I've yet to decide if I'll be repainting him into all of his Mega Man 2 color schemes or the color schemes of all the boss weapons he uses in Smash U). I'm probably going to do the same for Toon Link to get the Four Swords Links as well.

And the reason they're still in their packaging is because I don't have a lot of space right now in my apartment and intend to create a special display case for them eventually (with custom pedestals featuring images of their first appearance and series emblem from Smash). So, to save myself some trouble (and tricky dusting) I'm keeping most of them unopened until I get the display case.Though I'll probably open a couple to train in Smash or use in a game eventually (actually opened my first one last week: a duplicate of Smash Peach (since she was also discounted alongside Yoshi), whom I intend to mail to a friend for him to play against. He will stand little chance against the Amiibo named Normandy. Normandy Peach.).

But I'm not collecting them to keep them on the card- I want them to be seen but be useable. It's why I'm not going after the MP10 figures outside of Toad and Gold Mario. I don't need reposes (though I'd definitely get legit Mario power-up costumes, for instance). I'm more interested in having the character represented. The duplicates that I'm not repainting are just trade bait to help me get the more difficult ones I'm missing (ala Lucario).

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  17. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    So after reading about you guys talking about XenoBlade Chronicles 3DSs, I checked out the trailers on the eShop. The game looks like something long and fun like Star Ocean 4, which I greatly enjoyed, and I could use a time killer after i finish my book at work. Then I noticed it said only for the New3DS. And upon looking it up online the game will ONLY run on the N3DS, not any of the older 3DS systems because "cpu power lolz" its stated.

As much as I love that Nintendo is improving its hardware over time, releasing a new game for a system that is unplayable on the same system bought 6 months ago is kind of abhorrent.

Also kind of sad that amiibo rarity from certain retailers is way over the top. Was looking forward to getting Greninja jsut cause I like him.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not much different than upgrading from the DS to the 3DS- they may be backwards compatible but, even without the 3D screen, you couldn't run most 3DS games on a DS (plus we're talking about a port of a Wii game here- the Wii was underpowered for it's time but it wasn't that underpowered). And, naturally, they're going to want to launch some kind of title exclusive to a new piece of hardware as an incentive to upgrade. not to mention Nintendo portables tend to have some crossover in terms of active lifespans (GBA/DS, DS/3DS, etc)- not much different from other console manufacturers either (PSX/PS2, PS2/PS3, PS3/PS4, 360/XBO, etc).

And, yeah, the Amiibo thing is ridiculous. people have taken to hijacking the #pleaseunderstand hashtag to air their complaints- even though NOA isn;t really at fault here, hopefully enough noise will give NOA enough ammo to be able to convince NCL HQ to get their act together.

19. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    ZanderSolo: the 3DS was first released four years ago so releasing an upgraded version after fours isn't that bad. I agree that it must suck to buy a 3DS only to find the game you want a few months later is for the new 3DS only, but I don't agree that a new console after four years is inherently bad. I really want XenoBlade Chronicles 3D too, but like you I don't have a New 3DS and I can't afford one right now either.

I do agree with the amiibo exclusivity though. It bugs me when preorders have retail exclusive stuff but this is kind of worse as usually preorder stuff isn't important.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They were showing off Steamworld Dig's sequel, Steamworld Heist, which is looking pretty interesting in that they're changing to a 2D turn based combat system but one that uses skill over random chance. I never played the original game but I'm rather intrigued. It'll also be launching on 3DS first. They also have an interesting ambassador program that nabs you free Steamworld games for life and download codes for friends so it's definitely marketing itself through it's community in an interesting way.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, a couple of Mobile updates involving Pokemon.

First, Pokemon Shuffle has been been ported to mobile (and you can get crossover bonus gift codes if you also have it in 3DS) as Nintendo's first mobile game. Not surprising, as that thing screamed mobile already (and was equally addicting).

Second, they announced Pokemon Go today- effectively a Pokemon/Ingress AR hybrid where you use real world locations to catch Pokemon:

There'll be an optional Bluetooth accessory watch called the Pokemon Go Plus which will give you notifications and other info from the game. Miyamoto is apparently involved in this aspect.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Too bad it'll still be a boring slog. I'd rather see those franchises cross over on their own terms, where the game would stand a chance of being... y'know, good.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I liked one of the demos of the first. I loved the visual style- it felt like the best 2D/3D hybrid/cell shading I've ever seen