main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends It Started With a Kiss {L/M - short story - Humor, Romance} COMPLETE with Epilogue on 1/24/08!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks for clicking!:)

It Started With a Kiss

Genre
    : Humor, Fluff, Mush
    Rating : PG
    Time Frame : Post VoTF
    Characters : Mara/Luke, some Han/Leia, Shada/Karrde and other familiars
    Summary : Luke and Mara find themselves expecting parents much earlier on in their relationship, Without the horrifying backdrop of war the Skywalkers learn that family can be a very amusing and enriching thing.

A/N : I've been wanting to do something longer with Luke and Mara for a while now. My first plot bunny was full of death and angst, but then this thing bit me. I like this much better. So enjoy the fluff, food cravings, and death threats.:p

~* PM List *~
    Arwen_Djo
    darkladypurplepencil
    divapilot
    Jade_eyes
    JediMasterJessica
    KELIA
    Lady_Jade
    MagnusPrimal
    maramijade
    Maul Brady
    NYCitygurl
    SilverCat
    SWpants666
    Treepio
    WraithTen
    verybusy
    strwbrystarshine
    Master_M_Sky
    dawn7191
    PHGS_Weyr
    mara_jade_rox
    Irish_Jedi_Jade
    dm1
    Jedi_Master_Cazz

A side story to this one -

Dearest
    Genre: Fluff, a little drama
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame : Companion vignette to my fic ?It Started With a Kiss?
    Characters: Shada/Karrde
    Summary: She was content keeping their relationship in the dark, that's where she liked it. Yet seeing her dear friend Mara Jade happily married and expecting makes her rethink things.

[b][i]Part One
    Particularly Peculiar Problems[/i][/b]

[i]Family?

I don't remember much of my own. My earliest memories are of clanking stormtrooper armor, and sharp piercing screams. I remember the crimson glow of blood that rivaled the glare of the flames that swallowed what I had one time called home.

Yet, sometimes I remember stuff earlier than that.

I remember the kind green eyes of a man that I can only identify as my father. I remember my mother's smile. At times I can feel the fleeting caress of the back of her hand to my cheek.

These memories surface at the oddest times. I always push them aside.

The horrors of my life started with fire.

There was fire in Palpatine's eyes as he cemented his hold over my mind. There was fire as I fought for a cause that I believed in with all of my heart ? even though now I wonder how much of that was his thoughts, and how much was mine. There was fire in the form of tears after I took my first life, for fire has the same glow as blood. There was fire again as my world fell apart at Endor. Fire was the will to survive in a galaxy that I was suddenly all alone in.

Then I had met him. Sandy haired, leaned limbed, with a smile stretching across his overly eager face, and a twinkle glowing in his sky blue eyes. Fire was me trying so hard to hate him, and failing so miserably.

The fires were finally banked and tamed once I finally admitted that I couldn't kill him. Was there peace then? I thought so at the time. Yet, true peace came years latter in a flooded cavern in a far off planet.

The best part of my life started with a kiss.

A kiss led to a confession. A confession led to a ring. A ring led to my happiness.

A kiss led to other things as well.

I never would have imagined this. I would have laughed years ago for anyone even suggesting such a thing. Me ? Mara Jade, a wife, and a mother?!

I never would have thought!

Never in a million years!

The warning signs were all there too. That part of my life I can only described as tortured joy.

The first warning sign came on a mission for Karrde, nine months ago . . .[/i]

~Then~

?I do believe that the prices were already agreed upon. Unless my memory is faulty, Ginroy.? A frosty female voice grated. Across from the small human woman the much larger alien boss smiled grisly.

?What if I told you that the price was no longer to my liking, Smuggler Jade?? The wrinkled face smirked as his armored forearms crossed over his bulging chest. He

2. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    L/M [face_love]

great beginning!

3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    She felt her anger and annoyance skyrocket, and behind her her men drew their weapons and took a few steps back. They knew that it was no good to get in Mara Jade's way when she was provoked. Bad things tended to follow.

[face_laugh] You can say that again :D

?The nerf steak.? She muttered as she got shakily to her feet. ?It has to be the nerf steak.?

*shakes head* bad meat will do that to you

:p

She hadn't thought that she did, but her stomach had perked up, and the thought of Corellian pasta, and nartin lamb was just sounding too good. Oh, and a giant slice of Cheesecake. Oh yes, that sounded divine. ?Oh no,? She informed him, A renewed vigor seeped into her voice. ?I want food.?

*giggles insanely* I'll bet he's paying ;) Hehehehe.

Great beginning! I really enjoyed this, if you have a PM list, put me on!

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, this looks fun and sweet! [face_love] Poor Mara. LOL She played and now she must pay. [face_laugh]

Looking forward to more! :D

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Great start! I'm looking forward to more! =D=

6. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Oh, this is so awesome! I love the Skywalker family when there isn't a stupid Vong war. I love them with the war, too...but your version is so much better!

J_Ro

7. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    great start!
    L/M- so cute.
    More?

8. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Ooh, fun start and I love the title!

The warning signs were all there too. That part of my life I can only described as tortured joy.
    The first warning sign came on a mission for Karrde, nine months ago . . .

"Tortured joy" huh? What a great description. =D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira!!! [:D] [face_dancing] Pardon my ecstatic SQUEEEE! Great action!! Can't wait for the fluff!!! :) :) Pm's, please, of course. [face_laugh] WHEE!!

10. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    More please! ;)

I just loved this start and I can imagine there is much potential for fluff [face_love].

Can I have a PM when you update? [face_batting]

cheers,

VeryBusy

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    jasa : Thanks!:)

SWpants666 : Oh yeah, he's paying.;) And PMs are doable.:)

ginchy : Heeheehee, that's one way to put it.;) More soon!

Jade_Pilot : Thanks!:)

Jaded_Rose : LOL, that's how I feel too.[face_love]

SithGirl132 : Thanks, more soon!

Blue_Milkshake
    : Thanks, I likd that line. I'm glad you're enjoying it, so far.;)

Jade_eyes
    : LOL, enthusiastic? Thanks, and I'll be sure to PM you.:)

verybusy : Oh yes, lots of fluff.[face_love] PMs are a go!

~MJ @};-

12. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Oh, I'm hooked. May I have a Pm when you update?

13. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    great start, and you know, I'm perfectly ok with action and mush/fluff mixed together :D

esp. when it comes to L/M

may I be added as well?

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Wonderful beginning.

How nice to see Mara in action, though she obviously was hoping for a more peaceful resolution.

Loved Luke's concern [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

If you have a PM list for this, please add me [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Arwen_Djo : Sure!:)

maramijade : I'm with you on that!;) PMs are a go!

KELIA :Thanks, and PMs are coming!:)

~MJ@};-

16. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    how did I miss this???

great stuff! can't wait for more

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    RedGold : Thanks!:)

~MJ@};-

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is so cute!! I love how Mara has absolutely no idea what's happening. :) If you've got a PM list, I'd like to be on it :)

19. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    If you have a pm list, could you add me please? Thank you.

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    NYCitygurl : Thanks, and I can give you PMs.:)

MagnusPrimal : Sure!

~MJ@};-

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Hello, here's part two!:)

A big thanks to Jade_eyes for beta reading this![:D]

Part Two
    Extremely Unexpected Explanations

Mara Jade Skywalker was officially sick of vomiting.

Every morning like clockwork she was shut up inside of the 'fresher, emptying her stomach of its contents from the night before. That was so very depressing, because the thought of food was always so heavenly lately, and she had no wish to give up what she had rightfully earned. She frowned as she found herself wondering.

Yet, vomiting has an odd habit of taking one's attention away from anything and everything else, so she decided to think later.

Later had happened to come when she was watching an old holos while waiting for Luke to return. Near the end she had been near tears, and tissues had peppered the sofa around her. At her side was an eaten box of chocolates, and to her horror, remnants of her latest craving still clung to her face.

Blushing, and fumbling awkwardly, she wiped her face off, and tried her best to straighten her unruly hair. Her suspicion had been at a high point then, and her hands were shaking as she threw her hair into a quick braid.

She never cried! Especially at old holos with over dramatic love scenes. She always despised those soap operas. She frowned as she recalled her latest bouts of morning sickness. Every day for the last four days now. She thought about the vomiting, the food cravings, the emotions . . .

She laughed then as her own jumpy mind drew its own crazy conclusion. Did she even realize where her mind was going? She laughed again ? somewhat strained, and then she shook her head as she turned off the holounit and walked over to the wall sized window that gave a perfect view of Coruscant's bustling skyline.

It was just ridiculous, she told herself.

Her . . . . she couldn't even think the word.

She frowned again as she tried to think. Had she? Had she missed that 'wonderful' time of the month? She really didn't remember. Her life was so hectic, and she had no time to deal with womanly problems. She shrugged, she'd just ask Luke, he'd know better than her.

No!

She couldn't ask Luke.

Then he'd wonder, and then he'd figure it out, and then she'd have to see that happy look in his eyes. And if she wasn't really . . . you know, then she'd just feel awful for getting his hopes up! He wanted a family so badly, and she had been able to dodge the subject for the two years they had been married. She was hesitant. She was Mara Jade, ex-assassin, smuggler, wife to the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, and . . . mother?

It didn't fit.

She couldn't be a mother.

Could she?

A snippy little voice in the back of her mind, the one she depended on for her quick wit, spoke up then, and said that she should have known that this could have happened. She frowned as she thought of the banquet. It had been so beautiful, and there had been wine. Han had sneaked in Corellian whiskey ? oh, that had been a night! She was wearing a dress she couldn't breathe in, and the night was so beautiful, then Luke had been so sweet, then that stupid kiss she just couldn't stop . . .

She shut her mind off there with a furious blush. She used the pill! She was safe. The same nagging voice came back to say that with her life style she didn't take it nearly enough. On the other hand, she did . . .

She cut the voice off with a rude gesture.

The voice fell silent, and it still glared at her, in that 'I told you so way.'

She moaned then, and dropped her head into her hands when she realized that the voice was right.

She shook her head then. This was ridiculous! She was ridiculous! She was . . .

She was . . .

She was calling the doctor.

Scowling fiercely and ignoring the smugly smiling voice in the back of her head she listened to the comm unit ring. Twirling around in her head was the uncomfortable realization that she was going to have to apologize for the Nerf Steak . . .

No one deserved a broken nose for s

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_love] [face_laugh] [face_love] [face_love]
    Loverlicious!! Loved Mara's jumbled emotions... very realistic. Hee!! Luke is totally irresistible ;) and adorable--that's how they got into this "mess" to start with. [face_laugh] [face_dancing]
    Love your description of the Twi-lek--beautiful and brainy, like Alida in "The Keeper of Memories." :)

23. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh]

My co-worker is pregnant. This sounds just about right. Before she knew, we had to go to an office function where they served ham. She said she suspected when she ate 9 pieces of ham and very seriously considered hijacking mine off my plate. [face_laugh]

Love Mara here, and her happiness being augmented by Luke's. This is such fun, I'm already ready for another update! ;)

Very sweet!

24. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Hehe, great update!

Twirling around in her head was the uncomfortable realization that she was going to have to apologize for the Nerf Steak . . .
    No one deserved a broken nose for something that they didn't do.
    But force! She hated apologizing!

Poor Talon! [face_beatup]

Dr. Crax started her interrogation by asking for a list of symptoms.

"Interrogation"? [face_laugh]

She took a deep breath and uttered a dozen prayers to a hundred gods. Please, I can't be pregnant. I'm Mara Jade, I'm not a mother. Oh, please, let me be . . . No, I just can't . . . Luke will be so happy . . . But I can't . . .

I know this feeling, and the mixed emotions you presented here are so true!

Oh, Gods. All eight billion of you. [face_laugh]

Mara, RELAX!

25. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh man. That was so hilarious. And the hormones would make her behavior quite a bit out of whack ;)

I'm actually surprised that Luke didn't use the Force to check to see if she was all right. Though, I bet behind the scenes he asked and she very much profusely refused :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.