main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends It takes one to know one... (JA) *Final post 9th Sept*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Hi Mouse! Good to have you back with us. Hope you and Brodie are both fine! :D

I'm afraid this is the penultimate post...but it had to end at some point. Got a new Round Robin to plan! :)

Obi-Wan, it seemed, was destined to spend a further day going out of his mind in the infirmary. Whilst there was no obvious harm done to the young man, An-Paj had deemed it safer if he spend a little extra time in the company of the healers whilst they worked out a way to demagnetize him. There had already been several unfortunate incidents during his short stay, chief of which had been the bedpan nightmare when Simeon had brought a metallic bottle for the padawan's relief. Suffice it to say, much to Obi-Wan's chagrin and Jemmiah's delight, things had not gone according to plan?

Jemmiah herself had wound up trying to kill the boredom she was experiencing in the absence of Obi-Wan by trying to convince herself that she had Qui-Gon more or less trained to perfection, even despite all the jokes he'd been cracking the evening before about be 'cast aside' and left abandoned and forlorn. Perhaps deep down Jemmiah had felt the need for reassurance that he still wanted her there?or that she hadn't lost her hold over him! The idea that a mere child like herself could cause such a tall, noble and important Jedi like Qui-Gon Jinn to drop everything he was doing and run after her never ceased to cause her amusement. That evening, surrounded by school work which Jemmiah really didn't want to look at for at least another week (or until a few hours before the hand-in deadline) the Corellian decided that she'd do well to test the water once again, just to see if her power over the man was as strong as it ever had been, or of absence had made the heart forgetful.

Qui-Gon for his part seemed rather serious, even introverted. He watched Jemmiah's half hearted attempts to flick through a few flimsy texts and scrawl some obligatory notes with a stylus, musing at her blatant attempts to look industrious whilst achieving very little. If only she were to put as much effort into her studies as her 'acting', she would be one of the galaxy's child geniuses! But not everybody was naturally scholarly and Qui-Gon reminded himself sharply that Jemmiah had done rather well in her schoolwork considering how little education she'd received on Nargotria. She wanted to excel, but it was as if there was some kind of self-imposed mental barrier that stopped her from believing she could be clever and that she could achieve good grades. Until the girl displayed some self-belief there was little anyone could do to help her improve.

"You're quiet tonight." Qui-Gon decided that one of them had to break the rather tedious silence that had grown between them. "I thought you liked new projects? Does this one not interest you?"

Jemmiah's stylus scratched at the flimsy for a moment before she finally placed it down before her, replying over her shoulder:

"It's not that."

She sighed as she lay along the carpet with her back to him, kicking her legs in the air so that all Qui-Gon could see was a pair of white stockinged feet flashing back and forth. "It's just?I don't know. Maybe I'm tired, that's all."

Qui-Gon thought he saw the small shoulders droop, right on time.

"Well, if you make a serious start at the work tonight when you least feel like it," he offered brightly, "then just think how easy it will seem to you when you feel a little more lively."

That hadn't been the answer she'd been expecting, Qui-Gon realized silently. Jemmiah had been waiting for him to tell her to put down her work and have a nap on her bed until she was feeling rested. He smiled grimly; satisfied that he had the girl's measure this time. Playing for sympathy, was she? Or trying to prove that she had him beaten? Relishing the challenge, Qui-Gon decided he'd take her on at her own game.

"I've made a start like you said." Jemmy complained, scowling at the floor. "Even though I've got a week to do it in."

"Never put off 'till tomorrow what you can do today." H

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awww Jemmiah and Qui-Gon are so cute. :) Hehehe, nice to see that Qui agrees to joint custody with Evla to annoy Sal-Fina :D

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hi Mouse!!! :) :) Hope you and the family and doing great!!

Haven't read the post at this point, but must register my Noooooooo....!!! It's the end already??? *sigh*

I love Jemmiah's way of getting the reassurance that Qui-Gon still cares for her. LOL! Qui-Geeeeee." Jemmiah wheedled.
    "Should I be worried?" Jinn wondered
    I know I would be!!

Awww.... I loved that!! Thank you so very much for sharing it!

4. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    It's over? Oh...all's well that ends well, I suppose, and this one certainly did. I have to say that despite a hilarity-packed story from the beginning, my favorite bit came at the end in the form of magnetized Kenobi. Only you could think of that, Jemmiah :p And once again all the allusions and overshadowing...wonderful! I wish I could think of more to say, but praise doesn't come in nearly as many flavors as criticism, it seems. So I'll just close out by saying what a great fic this was. Really looking forward to that next story now!

5. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Here it is: the last post, for better or worse. :)

ENTRY ONE HUNDRED AND TEN:

They let Ben out today. I don't think I've ever seen anyone move so fast in my life as when An-Paj said, "You can go, Obi-Wan."

Actually, what he said was "You can g-"

He was already out the door and running for the turbo lift. Which was a pity because he was only wearing his pajamas?

You know, Ben's an okay person at heart. Sometimes I think it's like a game and we deliberately misunderstand each other so that we fall out. I don't know why that is, except that it's always nice to make up with him. I can't stay mad with him forever, it's just impossible! I brought him a bunch of grapes by way of a present; you know - just to say sorry for throwing metal things at him, even although it REALLY was his fault. I mean, he as good as made me do it! It's as well for him I didn't throw the wall chrono at him like a discus or else it might have done some serious damage. All he got was a few spoons and things sticking to his face. Admittedly it could have been nasty if the forks or knives had been made out of metal, but as they were made of plasti-form he was safe enough. I think the reason the infirmary has plasti knives is to stop the patients from trying to cut their wrists open in order to escape the terrible food?

Anyhow, I got him the grapes - gave them to him - then popped next door to speak to Bant. (The one who looks like a raw kipper). I like Bant a lot. She's smart and she knows how to keep Obi-Wan in his place! Few people can do that! By the time I came back, Obi-Wan had eaten every last grape! The Gamorrean swine hadn't left me a single one! Next time I'm going to coat the grapes in 'Stay-Lax'. It won't be the grapes that go quickly?

Troughing apart, Ben and I are getting on great. He gave me my letter back, which he assures me remained unread. He said that it was obviously a personal thing and he felt uncomfortable reading it, but thanked me for the trusting gesture. He also said that he didn't need to look at the words in order to see how much I'd missed Quiggy and himself, which I thought was very kind of him. At that point An-Paj turned up to say he could leave, but I think Ben had decided he was leaving whether he said so or not! Anyhow, it looks like Ben's de-magnetized at last. I threw a coin at him and it didn't stick: it bounced quite harmlessly off his head. Although he now has a bruise the size and shape of a Corellian credit.

Things are very nearly back to the way they were before Quiggy and Ben left?all except for one thing. I hope Evla will keep her word and speak to me out in the gardens. I miss talking with her.

Not to mention the confiscated chocolate.

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER:
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Jemmiah stood with her arms wrapped around the huge storage bin, waiting for the door infront of her to slide open and let her in. Piled in a great mountain of plush fur and padded fabric, forming an almost pyramid-like shape, were what appeared at first glance to have been the entire contents of Jemmy's toy collection. Shorni the one-eyed Gundark lay draped over the top as if in pride of position in the pantheon of toys, with only the garish and possessed looking plasti-duck sitting higher still. It was as if she carried her whole world in that storage bin; all her worldly belongings, and nothing was going to pries them from her grasp until she'd safely reached her destination.

After a minute or so the door opened, allowing the Corellian to step inside.

"Not a moment too soon, it seems!" Evla exclaimed, catching hold of the Gundark as it started to slide and cause an avalanche amongst its fellows. "I didn't appreciate you had so much?infact I KNOW you didn't have this much the last time!" She placed a hand up to her head, running her fingers through her drawn back hair. "Where has it all come from?"

"Presents, mostly." Jemmiah was forced to walk splay-legged in order to support the bin without causing a further spillage. "I can't help it! Suddenly I'm popular with everyone an

6. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Bravo!!!! Loads of applause! :) But also :( that this has come to an end.

Was ROTFL at most of the last 2 instalments, Jemmiah is certainly going to keep her new 'family' busy!

As always her coversations with Qui-Gon and dealings with Obi-Wan are priceless! ROTFL!

And at your age it's ESSENTIAL that you keep active. I don't want your brain phutting out on me!"

The number of 'eeeees' you add on my name is directly proportionate to how badly it is you want something

Actually, what he said was "You can g-"

He was already out the door and running for the turbo lift. Which was a pity because he was only wearing his pajamas?

I threw a coin at him and it didn't stick: it bounced quite harmlessly off his head
    - I suppose that is one way to test it!

Must confess to getting quite choked up at the end, when Jemmiah realises that in a way she does have a new family and finally realises how much they all care for her.

I shall miss her, she is a simply wonderful character, so real that she leaps off the screen. Will there be any more Jemmiah after the round robin? I might not join in that but I will be there reading.

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Dang, I just hate seeing *Final post* :( :(

My first thought at Obi-Wan running from the infirmary was that at least he was wearing pajamas. [face_liarliar] [face_laugh] Hmmm... Stay-Lax??? Depending on how many grapes he ate there might not be a need for a next time revenge. Bounced a coin off his head.. LOLOL!

Awww... that end with Evla and Jemmy bonding... the way Evla reassured Jemmy that Qui-Gon hadn't changed his mind about caring for her... That was an awesome story. Funny, I don't seem to remember any stories of Jemmy and Evla getting into trouble together... hmmmm... hope you have some ideas for that... hint,hint. :D :D

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Aww excellent ending, good to see how those two got together. :) Yes, I want to see some of Jemmy and Evla getting into trouble together as well ;)

9. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Aww...thanks guys! :) Thank you for all the responses and the feeback. You're all wonderful! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The new Round Robin will contain Jemmy, and force-willing I have a good many stories left to tell in the chronicles so we'll be seeing more of her, Simeon, Dex, Jay and others in the near future. Who knows, you may even get to see Evla and Jemmy doing something mad, just as requested!

Again, thank you for reading! :)

-Jem

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I was really sad like everyone else to see 'final post'. Then again I got to read the last few posts all at once. :)

I for one can't wait for the next round robin! But I know that I'll also be waiting anxiously for any more stories you have up your sleeve!

11. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You HAVE to continue the Jemmiah chronicles! :)

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    WHAT??????? I FINALLY catch up and it's over??? :(

But there is the promise of a new story!! :D

WONDERFUL STORY, Jem!!! I really love it!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.