main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It Takes Two - RotS AU, Anakin & Obi-Wan, Chapter 8 up 11/8!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by amidalachick, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    [face_laugh] Great update, I am so glad you are working on this again, it is soo funny.

2. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great chapter! Obi-Wan and Anakin stuck together - that's an image I would love to see.Something tells me that Ani will try and use his lightsaber to free himself and run off to Padme, leaving Obi standing in the hallway.

Thanks for the PM and update soon!:)

CrazyAni

3. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Hurray! An update.

This is still great with the angry banter between the two. And I love that they are not stuck together. Should make for some interesting moments especially if Anakin tries to see Padme. Loved it!

4. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    corellian_ale: Yeah, it's turning out darker and more serious than I intended. There's still plenty of sillyness to come, though! :D Huge thanks for reading!

AnakinLuver: Fighting in front of the Council wasn't a very smart move, was it? Thanks so much for reading, and an update is coming soon! :D

JadeSolo: Hmmm...yeah, Anakin could be Stewie, and I think that would make Obi-Wan Brian, and then they could sing "We're So Awfully Different" or whatever that song's called. Heheheheheheheheh! :p Thanks very much for reading!

Noelie: Oh noes, plot bunnies! :eek: Hee hee, thanks for reading! [:D]

RK_Striker_JK_5: It wouldn't be a Simpsons rip-off if they didn't! 8-} Thank you for reading!

Alley_Skywalker: Thanks for checking this out, and thanks especially for the thorough comments! :) Glad you liked the 'carrying scene', and Anakin's little bit of revenge, and all their arguments! The bickering is so fun to write, and the more childish the better, IMO. :p Amongst all the "Yuh-huh/Nuh-uh" type exchanges, though, they'll continue to deal with their relationship issues. As to the question of them using their sabers to free themselves...well, let's just say the obvious solutions are usually the hardest to see. [face_shh!]

iLoveAnakin7: I know, aren't they adorable? And I'll say this: they will be using their lightsabers to deal with the situation. Kind of. [face_mischief] Thanks for reading!

Darth-Buddy: I could never forget this story! :D Thank you so much for sticking with it!

CrazyAni: It's an image I'd like to see, too. I think Obi would look all embarrassed, and Ani would be annoyed, and they'd be so cute.[/end fangirl moment] You're very welcome for the PM, and thank you very much for reading! :)

PadawanKayla: Banter is my favorite thing to write. There'll be lots more of it! Yeah, Padme and Anakin's relationship has just gotten a lot more complicated. :p Thanks for reading!

Again, to everyone who's read and commented, I can't thank you enough. Your comments always make me smile. [face_love] To any lurkers, thank you as well and don't be shy! :D

New post coming right up! [:D] @};-

5. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Chapter 7
    Later that evening, Anakin and Obi-Wan were sitting in a quiet corner of the Temple archives. At the moment, Obi-Wan was working on a report for the Council, and Anakin was thinking about Padmé. He imagined hearing her voice and holding her in his arms, and a little sigh escaped him.

"What are you sulking about?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I'm not sulking," Anakin said.

"Oh, my mistake," Obi-Wan said, looking up from his datapad to study Anakin's face. "You're pouting."

"You don't have to be sarcastic," Anakin said.

"I'll stop being sarcastic if you stop feeling sorry for yourself," Obi-Wan said.

"Do you have to negotiate everything?" Anakin said, his voice rising in anger. "Why didn't you negotiate with the Council earlier? I could be with Padmé right now-"

Abruptly, he closed his mouth and looked down at the tabletop.

"Were you planning to meet her tonight?" Obi-Wan said. "Be honest."

"Fine," Anakin said defiantly. "I was going to meet her. I have to talk to her."

"Why can't you?" Obi-Wan said.

Anakin raised his eyebrows and pulled at the tether.

"I meant why can't you talk to her?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Why are you encouraging me?" Anakin asked suspiciously.

"Because if you don't talk to her, you'll get more and more miserable," Obi-Wan said. He turned back to his datapads as he added, "Life with you is hard enough. Life with you when you're miserable is impossible."

Anakin opened his mouth to retort, then decided talking to Padmé, even over the comm, was more important than getting into another fight with Obi-Wan. He turned his back to his former Master and moved as far away as he could before he pulled out his commlink and punched in Padmé's private code.

"Padmé, it's me, Anakin," he said in a rush when she answered.

"Ani!" Padmé exclaimed. "It's good to hear your voice! I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too," Anakin said. "I was hoping to see you today."

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there," Padmé said. "I...had a lot of other things going on. You got my message from Threepio, didn't you?"

"Yes," Anakin said. "Speaking of which, what's the big news he said you had for me?"

"I can't get into it right now," Padmé said. "I don't have a lot of time, and I need to tell you in private anyway."

"Is everything alright?" Anakin asked. He frowned. "Are you alright? Did something happen to you?"

"I'm fine, Ani, don't worry," Padmé said. "I'll explain everything as soon as we can meet privately. Can you come over later tonight, or tomorrow?"

Anakin exhaled heavily.

"I want to," he said slowly. "But I can't. I'm sorry."

"Are you at the Temple?" Padmé asked.

"Yes," Anakin said.

"Ah," Padmé said. "I-just a minute."

Anakin waited impatiently until she returned.

"I'm sorry," she said. "Ani, I have to go now."

"Oh," Anakin said. "Well, okay. You're sure you're alright?"

"Yes, I'm sure," Padmé said. "I hope to see you soon."

"You will, I promise," Anakin said. "Goodnight, Padmé."

"Goodnight, Ani," Padmé said.

She made a little kissing noise, and then there was silence at her end of the comm. Anakin sat with his head bowed, deep in thought and picking idly at the tether, until Obi-Wan gathered his datapads and stood up.

"Ready to go?" Obi-Wan asked lightly.

"Mm-hmm," Anakin mumbled.

He stood too, and followed Obi-Wan out of the Archives, still lost in thoughts of Padmé.

"You're being awfully quiet," Obi-Wan commented as they walked through the hallways towards their quarters.

"I hadn't noticed," Anakin said sarcastically.

"Is something wrong?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Why did you let me talk to her?" Anakin asked suddenly, stopping and turning to face Obi-Wan. "I would have thought you'd be lecturing me about the Code by now and reporting me to the rest of the Council."

"You know the Code as well as

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    So close to a reconcillliation... but their stubbornness simply stops them. And i wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Awesome post, AC. Loved Anakin sulking like that.

7. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh my God, these two are so hilarious! I think it's gonna be pretty hard for them to spar, as they are tied.

Obi-Wan doesn't know yet that Anakin and Padme are a couple, right? But I think he guessed.

Great update, and I'm looking forward for more!

Thanks for the PM!:)

8. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    hahaha.. great update! I"m so glad its back up and running. Definitely keep the pm's coming my way. I can't wait for the sparring match, and hopefully a little reunion in the making soon.

9. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    AH! I just love these two cuties, and I LOVe the way you write them. Them arguing like little school boys is always my favorite Anakin/Obi-Wan situations. They're so clever in their remarks even though they don't mean to be. It's just like those relationships when you know people have spent too much time together. I can feel the love [face_love]

I can't wait to see who wins the sparring match. I'll bet Obi-Wan does win. Anakin's confidence was always his weakness [face_laugh]

Maybe they can sleep together....did I just say that???? :eek:

10. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    lol... Anakin and Obi-wan crack me up even though they literally dislike each other... iLoveAnakin7 is actually right in saying that Anakin's confidence is his weakness!!! I second that!!! They've spent a lot of time together... so cute how they act... you know they love each other!!! lol... I, too, think that our Obi's going to win and Anakin will be too stubborn to sleep or something like that... lol... this is a great fic, amidalachick!

Rachel Rose@};-

I can't stop laughing![face_laugh]

11. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    AnakinLuver I like that idea too! lol. Anakin probably won't sleep at all if he loses. lol. He's so stubborn. [face_laugh]

12. PadwanKayla

Jul 2, 2005
    This is hilarious! You continue to do the banter so well and I'm loving it. =D=

13. Darth-Buddy

Sep 18, 2005
    I loved this scene, especially the ending.

14. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    fighting over the bed? Oh how funny!

15. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm late to the post. [face_blush]

"I'll stop being sarcastic if you stop feeling sorry for yourself," Obi-Wan said.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That probably sums up the entire PT!

16. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    I fail at updating. :( I owe you, my wonderful readers, a huge apology. Between Darth Self-Doubt, Darth Writer's Block, and Darth Real Life, this story just wasn't fun anymore. But after watching the Simpsons episode that partially inspired it a couple of times, I've finally started working on it again. I should have a post up later tonight or tomorrow.

To all of you, I'm so sorry about the wait. I love you, and I am so incredibly grateful to every one of you! [:D] Thank you!

As always, if you wish to be removed from or added to the PM list, let me know!

RK_Striker_JK_5: Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed! :D

CrazyAni: I had to go back and check, but no, Obi-Wan doesn't really know Ani and Padme are a couple. Yet. :p Thanks for reading!

FitJedi: Sparring match coming up soon! :D Thank you for reading!

iLoveAnakin7: They're fun to write when they bicker. :p As for their sleeping situation... [face_whistling] Thanks for reading, Dee!

AnakinLuver: I'll say this much, neither one of them will be getting much sleep for a while. [face_mischief] Thank you so much, Rachel!

PadawanKayla: Thank you very much! I love banter. :)

Darth-Buddy: Thank you so much! The ending was fun to write. :D

Noelie: They had to fight over something. :p Thank you for reading!

JadeSolo: No worries...I'm late to reply. [face_blush] Glad you liked that line! Thank you so much for reading! :)

17. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Chapter 8
    The two Jedi left their quarters and headed to the nearest training salle. Anakin gave Obi-Wan a wicked grin as he took up a position opposite his former Master.

"You realize you're about to face a humiliating defeat," he said as he activated his lightsaber.

"You really think you can beat me?" Obi-Wan asked, calling his own lightsaber to his hand and moving into a defensive position. "I did teach you everything you know."

"And I've surpassed everything you taught me," Anakin said.

He attacked with a powerful overhead swing, which Obi-Wan easily blocked.

"Don't be so sure about that," Obi-Wan said.

Anakin twirled his saber and attacked again, his jaw set determinedly. They moved across the salle, back and forth, dodging and blocking blows, throwing occasional kicks or punches to try and knock each other off balance. Neither one could gain an advantage, and both grew more and more frusrated until finally, as their blades met yet again, Anakin kicked Obi-Wan, hard enough to knock him to the ground.

"Isn't it sad?" he said, smiling smugly down at Obi-Wan. "A great Jedi Master like you, getting beaten twice in one day. First Dooku, now me."

"You don't have to gloat," Obi-Wan snapped, deactiving his lightsaber. "What's wrong with you, anyway? Are you still mad because you can't be with your lover?"

As he spoke, he hooked his foot behind Anakin's leg and kicked. Anakin fell on his back, landing hard but recovering quickly. He shut off his lightsaber and scrambled towards Obi-Wan, who was moving backwards equally fast. Anakin grabbed hold of his ankle.

"She's my wife!" Anakin hissed.

"What?" Obi-Wan said.

Anakin frowned, realizing what he'd said.

"When?" Obi-Wan asked.

"After Geonosis," Anakin said after a short pause. He sat back, releasing Obi-Wan's ankle.

"You've lied for three years," Obi-Wan said.

"I didn't lie, exactly," Anakin said defensively.

"You didn't tell the truth exactly, either," Obi-Wan said.

"I suppose now you'll run to the Council and report me," Anakin said.

"I should," Obi-Wan said flatly.

For several minutes, they sat silently, lost in their own thoughts.

"Well?" Anakin said finally.

"Well what?" Obi-Wan said.

"What are you going to do?" Anakin asked.

Obi-Wan sighed heavily and ran a hand over his beard.

"Right now, I'm going to get some sleep," he said. "There's plenty of room right in here. We can both sleep on the floor."

Anakin decided not to argue. He just nodded and followed his former Master across the salle. They settled against the far wall with the tether stretched as far as it would go.

"Master," Anakin said a few minutes later, rolling over to face Obi-Wan.

"What now?" Obi-Wan asked, propping himself up on one elbow.

"I, uh...I'm sorry," Anakin said.

Obi-Wan nodded.

"Go to sleep," he said, laying down once more and turning his back to Anakin.

It was still dark when Anakin opened his eyes again. He had been trying to sleep for a while now, but he was too cold. With a little sigh, he sat up, hugging his knees close to his chest and pulling his robe a little tighter around him. His movements, and the resulting tug on the tether, awakened Obi-Wan.

"What's wrong?" Obi-Wan asked sleepily.

"Nothing," Anakin muttered. "Sorry I woke you."

Obi-Wan squinted up at him, and then moved to sit next to him.

"Is that better?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Uh-huh," Anakin said through a yawn. Leaning lightly against Obi-Wan, he closed his eyes and finally slept.

18. PadwanKayla

Jul 2, 2005
    Ah, so now Obi-Wan knows. This was a fun update. Good to see them both hold their own. More to come I hope!

19. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    awwww... cute...

Rachel Rose@};-

20. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Love the bickering between two very stubborn jedi. I'm glad Obi-Wan knows about Anakins marriage but I'm wondering where this will lead?

21. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    Leaning lightly against Obi-Wan, he closed his eyes and finally slept.

Aaaw, this is just too cute! [face_love] I loved the bickering between the Jedi, and the abrupt way Obi-Wan found out about the marriage. I wonder what will happen to him when he finds out that he'll be Uncle. I'm very curious to see where this is going!

Great update, and I hope you can deliver us new post soon!

Just hit the Darth Self-Conscious on the nose - you're a great author, and your writing is really, really good and enjoyable.

Thanks for the PM! :)

CrazyAni

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice job, Anakin. Now Obi-Wan knows-which might be a good thing.

Hmm, looks like they're reaching an understanding here. Good. I knew it'd happen.

Awesome update, amidalachick!

23. Anakins_Queen

Anakins_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    Awww cute. I love their bickering. :D Can I be added to the PM list? :)

24. Darth-Buddy

Sep 18, 2005
    =D= Haha! Too funny, I loved it.[face_laugh]

25. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    I really missed reading this. :) Watching Anakin and Obi-Wan "go at it Abbott and Costello style" is just priceless. It also makes a lot of sense considering their friendship and frequent disagreements. I like the end of this chapter as well ... for all those disagreements they really do care about each other. It's more than the Order of the prequels encourages, and even more than I even envisioned the two of them being before even the Prequels came out. Like brothers, or father and son. Good work. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.