1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lit It was difficult for me but I accept the new canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Sith Harloxzz, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Sith Harloxzz

Lord Sith Harloxzz Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2016
    For me the new canon is not as bad as many think
    I think they have done well even though they have not done something spectacular yet but I feel that the quality of the new canon is decent

For me The Last Jedi is not a bad movie but it's not great either but I accept it as a fan I accept the story and I accept the Luke Skywalker from The Last Jedi

I feel that Luke's version of TLJ is a sad version of Legends Luke where Luke had the same hopes and dreams as his counterpart of Legends but with a different ending

So I like to see how Star Wars becomes a more complete and complex saga as well as Marvel and DC having many versions of their super heroes

I consider TLJ as an alternative story and not as something 100% canon like Legends I think that's how you enjoy those stories more

I'm a fan of Legends and I'm disappointed that they wiped out the expanded universe but I give a new opportunity to the Disney canon

I like to see the new canon as another universe more like legends has its own universe
    I will try to enjoy what I can of this new era of Star Wars
  2. fett 4

fett 4 Force Ghost star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    TBH reading this, it sounds you are trying to convince yourself rather than anyone else. At the end of the day it’s your decision. If you like it you like it, if you don’t you don’t. You shouldn’t need to convince yourself to do that.

I’m still not sure how you can call the new canon complex eitherway but that is an argument for another time
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    But it was alright, everything was alright, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved New Canon.
    Landb, TheRedBlade, Havac and 6 others like this.
  4. Point Given

Point Given Mod of Literature and Community star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This doesn't need its own thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.