It was good to meet everyone!

Discussion in 'Nashville, TN' started by jedichic07, Mar 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichic07 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 28, 2002
    star 4
    I just wanted to say it was good to meet everyone, and now I can definatly get excited about AOTC here in Tennessee! I wish I did not have to bail on the meeting so early, I would have loved to hear the rest of what was to be said...
    I hope we can all meet again (with a better table...) with even more members and ideas and toys and...star wars stuff!!! Aren't there any resturants around here that truly have a private room for meetings? I think as long as we tip well and don't run around the staff too much we should be entitled to a more private spot... I'll look into it and get back to the board here with anything I can find out!
  2. JediToren Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 20, 2000
    star 4
    It was good to meet you as well.
    I think the only real problem with Shoney's was the fact that they double booked it. It wasn't that bad after the other group left, it was actually great. When we got there the guy behind the counter acted as if it was an accident or mistake but I am willing to bet they simply didn't want to turn down business. Perhaps there is a way we can pay for the room or something. I will call a few resteraunts between now and our next meeting (April 5?) and see what we can do.

    We ended up discussing some plans for Ep2, mostly just going back over everything we have said at the forums but we also got the idea to talk to the Thoroughbred management about putting a slide in their slide projector (the ads that come before the films) advertising our line.

    I can't remember what else we talked about, other than maybe getting togethor at Lowe's on Friday to do some sabre shopping and then going to see Time Machine.

    It was great to put some faces with so many new names. I think we had allot of new people there, audiogirl, rocketx, a friend of goober's, and obi john.

    As soon as Jay sends 'emm to me I will post pics. And I will get some nametags made as well.
  3. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

    Member Since:
    Jun 14, 2000
    star 6
    Good to meet you too, although briefly. Too bad I made it there late.
  4. Toymaster Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 19, 2002
    star 4
    Yeah, I had a great time last night, too--sorry I had to cut out so early! I didn't even really get to stick around for any of the actual "meeting" part, but just like last time, the conversation was great. I was really diggin' Matt's lightsaber props and Scott's pictures (I promise next time I'll edit mine down and not bring all the family photos!).

    Anyhoo, it was great to see everybody again and meet a lot of you for the first time. I think it'd be cool to get together and do some other stuff so that we don't have to wait a month to get together every time.

    The shirts look great and I'll be sure to wear mine to the next meeting. Can't wait to see the pics from last night. George, hope you enjoy the 3PO! Hopefully next time I can stay longer!
  5. k kanos Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 1, 2000
    star 4
    It was great to see some new faces and finally put names to them. Although, I promise I'll be better on not accidently calling you by your fan force names :p Anyway, it was a great time and I anticipate our next meeting.

    Let's set Friday, April 5th, at 7:00 p.m. as our tentative date for our next meeting. That way we can plan ahead for what should be our most interesting meeting to date and our last before Episode II premieres. We should hopefully have a better grasp on many things:

    The Thoroughbred should be solidified as our theater of choice opening night

    Media exposure

    Who's lining up when

    Who's bringing what for the line-up

    Charity involvement

    Flyer advertisements will be printed and handed out for NAD members to distribute a put up.

    The rest of the T-shirt orders will be fulfilled.

    Celebration 2- meeting as a group sometime hopefully with some other Fan Force chapters

    There will be a lot to go over, most of which I'm sure we will know before we meet by going over it on the message boards. This would also be a great meeting to bring your friends who are interested in lining up with us. Let's try to increase our attendance for this next meeting. In fact, lets try to double it! I think we can :D . Interest in STAR WARS should start to peak in about a month or so and some of the fans who have been in hiding since Episode I will emerge. :) We'll decide on where in the next few weeks. I agree that Shoney's seemed a little crowded, but there will be probably few places that aren't on Friday night. If we can get our attendance up, perhaps we can get a room all by ourselves for next meeting. All suggestions for our next meeting place are welcome :) Thanks to everyone who attended ;)



  6. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2001
    star 4
    It just so happens penzargrat is making plans to start shooting for our next fan film that very same weekend in Nashville. If all this works out, I'd like to take a head count of people interested in possibly shooting that weekend. Any takers?
  7. Scruff Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    May 25, 1999
    star 4
    It was nice to see a few faces. It seems this group is growing fast.

    Might want to start a new thread to discuss the fan film, but I'm in.
  8. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 30, 2001
    star 3
    yeah, it was great to see all of you and meet most of you!

    i forgot to ask and am to lazy to see if it's covered in a previous topic,;) but...when are those of you going to Cel.2 leaving?

    see you all around
    beth
  9. JediToren Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Mar 20, 2000
    star 4
    Well I plan on leaving after class on Thursday May 2nd and getting right on the freeway around 4:30pm.

    As for the fan film I might be able to help out depending on my schedule in April. I have my Jedi costume so as we get closer to that time I will have a better idea and I will let you know.
  10. Toymaster Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jan 19, 2002
    star 4
    I already have a prior commitment for Friday the 5th--what is everybody's thoughts on having the next meeting on a Saturday instead of Friday? I'm not saying move the meeting to suit my schedule, but I thought if it might be better for others too then it would be worthwhile.

    I would LOVE to work on a fan film. My background is in TV and I'm pretty descent with a camera, so please let me know any way that I can help out. I'd also love to do some acting, even a small part. I don't really have any Star Wars costumes, but I do have a pretty sweet vampire coat that I picked up for Halloween last year that could easily translate into Sith gear.

    My plans are still kind of up in the air as far as Celebration 2 goes. I have a pass for Saturday, but I would like to do part of Sunday as well. As of right now I will be leaving Friday evening and arriving Friday night, then coming home sometime on Sunday. But that could all change between now and May.

    Anybody else noticed those new endcaps appearing at Toys R Us? Both the Bellevue and Cool Springs locations have them and they look like they are ready to be added to...
  11. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

    Member Since:
    Jun 14, 2000
    star 6
    A fanfilm, you say...

    Very interesting...

    ;)
  12. obi_john Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 5, 2001
    star 1
    I also enjoyed meeting everyone and now I have faces for alot of the names.As far as the fan film, if you need an extra hand for anything just let me know.

    John
  13. RocketX Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 24, 2002
    star 1
    Now I know what you all look like, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! [face_devil] Yea, I can help with the film-I could hold the cables or something. Good to meet all of you.
  14. padmeamidala55 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 24, 2001
    star 4
    I am glad you guys had fun, And k_Kanos(Scott) I loved the golf shirt.
  15. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2002
    star 1
    Who is going to start the thread about the fan film?
  16. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Jul 11, 2001
    star 4
    penzargrat is supposed to. He is the producer/director/writer. He should get something up tonight with all the details. We'll probably put it in a new thread aside from this.
  17. LanceWindu Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2002
    star 1
    OK, just wanted to know. I hope he posts what he needs people to do during filming. I might be able to help out somehow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.