main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It Was His Gift to Her-DV/MJ/LS- ANH-Union, ROTS Spoilers FINAL UPDATE 7/11!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Shadowknight1, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey I really like this :D It must have been very hard for Vader to have given Mara that necklace. More soon! :D

2. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey, I can't handle all this Active Topic Notification stuff in my e-mail...takes too much time to sort through it all, and I'm trying to do my own fic project. Could you PM me when you update this story? Thanks.

3. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    Eek, sorry for lack of updates! I give everyone here permission to strike me with a wet noodle.

4. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    She walked back to the palace, feeling utterly defeated. Jabba had outright refused to let her come aboard the sail barge. Even now, her Master was surely on his way to the Death Star. She sighed, then went to her ship and retrieved her lightsaber. She stretched into the Force and saw that soon, Jabba would be dead and Skywalker would be away from the planet. She keyed the Holonet receiver to transmit to Palpatine?s personal shuttle.
    ?What is it?? he asked when his image resolved.
    ?I have failed my Master. Skywalker has almost certainly escaped the Hutt?s clutches by now,? she said, her face lowered.
    For a moment, she felt his displeasure, then he merely shrugged. ?Very well. Then return to Imperial Center. Await my orders,? he said.
    Mara Jade nodded, then shut down the connection. Her small craft broke orbit minutes after an X-Wing and Corellian freighter leapt into hyperspace. She entered the coordinates for Coruscant and engaged the hyperdrive.
    Mara sighed yet again. She kept trying to connect the dots between Vader, Padmé Amidala, and Skywalker. And she kept coming up blank. Then, she finally noticed one name in conjunction with all three of them. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. She smiled slightly. ?So, that?s it.? Of course, it was so simple. Vader had been a great Jedi, but was obviously overshadowed by the successes and the praise for Anakin Skywalker. Though Palpatine was one of those who praised young Skywalker?s victories, it was apparent to Mara that he knew of Vader as well. Then, Mara surmised that Palpatine convinced Anakin that Senator Padmé Amidala, once a trusted friend of the young Jedi, was in league with several Jedi who plotted to take over the Old Republic. Anakin must have confronted Padmé, learned the truth, and then murdered her. Then, he must have led the assassination attempt on Palpatine, where he faced Lord Vader. Vader, having learned of his wife?s death, must have taken vengeance on Anakin Skywalker, plunging him into the void of the Dark Side. Mara leaned back in her chair and sighed contentedly. Yes, that sounded about right.
    Suddenly her vision was assaulted by an image so clear that she might as well have been viewing the event in person. Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, locked in mortal combat as Emperor Palpatine watched. Then, the combatants turned to Palpatine and advanced on him. Palpatine, in fear, looked directly at her. ?YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER!!!? he screamed before the sabers struck him down. Mara Jade jerked out of her seat, feeling her Master?s death even this far away from him. She sank to her knees, feeling her life drain away from her. Then, she felt Vader?s death. Before the vision, his death would have caused her to feel grief. Now, she felt nothing. She thought of her Master?s last command, ?YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER!!!?

5. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Hmmm....that was slightly confusing...was what Mara Jade saw real or was it just a dream?

she still doesn't know the real truth...that Vader = Anakin Skywalker...at least it doesn't appear that he does....interesting.

Thanks for the update :)

6. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003

I'm tying it in to what interpretation of events she saw from what the Emperor told her.

7. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Second to last update! :D

Months later, and far from Coruscant, Mara Jade wept. She was tired of all that had happened. She no longer wanted anything to do with anything or anyone from her past. No one really knew she was the Emperor?s Hand. She had nothing to prove it with either. Her lightsaber had been lost when she rushed to leave Coruscant. The only link to her old life was around her neck. The jaipor snippet given to her by Vader still lay there. She finally reached around her neck and released the clasp. She stood by a small creek in a forest on some insignificant planet that she didn?t even care to remember the name of. She held it over the river and was about to let go when a voice said from behind her, ?I don?t think you should do that.?

Mara whirled around, pulling her blaster out and faced?a ghost? An old man stood there, surrounded by a glowing, blue aura. ?Who are you?!? Mara demanded.

?It?s not important. What is important is that you should keep that. I believe that, in time, you will understand that your opinion of the man who gave it to you is incorrect,? the ?spirit? said in a clipped, Coruscanti accent. She studied the face, trying to figure out who it was. He was definitely old, either by age or by circumstance, sporting a neatly trimmed beard. She couldn?t place him. And the way he said that?

?What do you know about Darth Vader?! He was a killer! He and Skywalker took away everything that was important to me!? she spat.

The spirit shook his head. ?One day, you will realize what truly happened. And when you do, you will understand where that medallion belongs. Believe me; I was there when she died. I was the one who decided that the medallion, instead of being buried with Padmé, should be given to her child or children. You will understand. Goodbye Mara Jade, and may the Force be with you.? The spirit then faded away as if he had never been there. Mara reflected on his words, then sank to her knees and wept for her former life once more, and for the last time.

8. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    good job :)

9. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    I think you have a lot of ideas....but this story is going in a direction that sort of bothers me a little....

this last Mara Jade scene...it's a type of thing that I don't personally care for.

You are the author, though, and what you have written works, and you have done a good job portraying your ideas

10. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Well, I figured that, right after Palpy's death, Mara would be brooding and downright depressed, so that's how I portrayed her.

11. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Very nice. The title could refer to Mara or Padme. That is so cool because you really are not sure how it will end.

12. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Well, when you see the last post..... *shuts up*

13. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Here it is, the final chapter. For this, I decided that people are probably familiar with what happened to her during the Thrawn Trilogy and afterwards, so I skipped straight to their wedding night. Comments are not only welcome, but encouraged! :D

Many years later, Mara admired herself in the mirror, smiling at the way the dress fit her. Then, a stray memory came back to her. She had to tell him. She had finally pieced together what had happened after the stunning realization a few years before. Anakin Skywalker had been Darth Vader, and though he had killed Padmé himself, that was not what had turned him in the first place. She didn?t know, nor was she likely to know. All she knew was that, in her bleakest moment, Obi-Wan Kenobi had appeared to her and, though she didn?t know it, given her hope. She had to tell him.

She left her small tent, and quickly made her way to his. Yes, it wasn?t right, but she felt he had to know. She opened the flap and her breath caught in her throat. Luke Skywalker stood there, in formal Jedi dress, looking as perfect as could be. ?Mara? What are you doing? Don?t you know that the bride and groom aren?t supposed to see each other before the wedding??

Mara smiled, and then laughed a little. ?Luke, I have to give you something.? She walked up to him, and took his organic hand, and then pressed the jaipor snippet into it. ?This was given to me by your father. It was?? she broke off.

?It was whose, Mara?? Luke said, looking deep into her eyes, searching her soul.

?Your mother?s,? Mara Jade whispered, barely loud enough for him to hear. She felt his surprise in the Force, then felt him touching the medallion with the Force, sensing the joys of the love within it, as well as the heartbreak, feeling the presence of his mother. He held it for a moment, and then looked at her. ?I was told that it should be given to his child. So, I choose to give it to you.?

Luke smiled, then shook his head. When he put it back around her neck, he kissed her, and then said, ?As of today, you are also a child of Anakin Skywalker. You are my wife Mara Jade, and I believe that this should belong to you.? The joy in Mara?s heart reached a crescendo. Minutes later, when they were declared husband and wife, she embraced him tightly, the jaipor snippet around her neck. That day, Mara Jade ceased to be, and Mara Jade Skywalker blazed into existence as bright as the fires which ignite a star.

14. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Comments on the last post? Anyone? :(

15. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Sorry for the late reading and reply...was updating my OT stuff.

Nice conclusion to your story...I'm really glad that you drew your story together by keeping Mara's realization central to the story, and then finally telling Luke

Good job with your story.

16. DanaShields4

DanaShields4 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    that was so... wow.
    Mara was written very well, I think. (and Luke, too. Can't forget him.)

Loved the story.

17. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Thanks you two! I really love Mara, she's my favorite EU character, so I try to include her as often as I can in my fanfics. :)

18. Shadowknight1

Jun 8, 2003
    Any one want to give this a fresh look?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.