main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 'It Was Just A Dance' a H/L fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanSoloIsSoCute, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Title: It Was Just a Dance
    Timeframe: About a year after A New Hope
    Author: Jasmine Larson
    Genre: Mostly romance, with some comedy
    Rating: G
    Summary: Why did Han and Leia go from being friends at the end of A New Hope to enemies in the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back? Find out in It Was Just a Dance
    Disclaimer: I don't own Han or Star Wars, THERE I SAID IT!!!

Leia walked into her small quarters, tossed her report papers on her desk and sank into a chair.
    "They can wait until tomorrow." Leia said to herself as she gave the papers a withering glance. She wasn't really tired, she was just bored and sick of doing reports. All those stuffy higher-up officers expected her to do all the hard work while they, sipped tea, I guess.

Leia was just considering going to bed when a buzz came at her door. Leia glanced at her glow-clock. 8:00. Who would be calling her at this hour? Probably another one of those stuffy officers with more paper work. Well, might as well get it over with. She pressed her hand to the scan panel on the door.

It slid open, and there, leaning against the door post with arms folded and looking more handsome then a man had a right to, in his usual attire of black pants, black boots, gunbelt, blaster, white T-shirt and vest, stood Han Solo.

Han Solo! That menacing man! What could he want at this hour of the night? What if someone had seen him heading to her quarters? People might talk--

"I know just what your thinking," Han said, pointing a finger in her direction and adding that menacingly handsome lopsided grin of his, "what could I, that menacing me, be doing here at this hour of the night? Well, I'll tell ya. It just so happens that I need a date. There's a dance at base 2 and Luke says he won't have any fun if I don't go. So, I decided to ask you. If you go, could be fun. If you don't, we could at least argue about it."

"Han Solo, I have much more important things to be doing then dancing with a scoundrel on a monday night. There are plenty of other girls on this base, use your imagination."

"I do, all the time." He said with a mysterious glint in his eyes.

Sheesh. I walked right into that one. Leia thought to herself.
    "No." Leia said stubbornly.

"Ah-ha! I was right! We do get to argue about it!" Han exclaimed merrily. "Arguing with you is always such a pleasure, Your Highness." Han said with a little bow.
    "Hrrmf. You seem to like it all right. The answer is still NO." Leia moved to shut the door. Han stopped her. He put both his hands on her shoulders and forced her to meet his gaze. He gave her 'The Puppy Look'.

ACK! The look no woman can resist! No escape, trapped! Maybe the window....
    "Don't even think about it." Han said as he caught her looking towards the window. "Aw, c'mon. Could be laughs. Please, come to the dance with me?"

Can't resist......puppy look....must.....look away.....

"What will I wear?" Leia was going to kill her subconious-self.

Han grinned. Got her.
    "A dress. A NICE dress." Han said, eyeing her.

Leia slamed the door.
    "Pick you up in fifteen minutes!" Han said from behind the door.

That menacing man.

Fifteen minutes later. . .

Han buzzed Leia's door. He couldn't believe he actually had a date with the 'Ice Princess'. Well, I'm hopeing to heat things up tonight. Han thought to himself with a self-satisfied grin.

The door buzzed open. And there stood Leia. She was wearing a light green dress with spagetti straps, she wore light green pumps to match. Her hair was almost completely down, all of it flowing free but two slim braids that met at the back of her head in a half ponytail. Her hair went past her waist! And, was it possible she was wearing a little makeup?
    Han didn't say anything for about five seconds.
    Finally he gasped, "You look amazing."
    And that dress did alot more for her then that white virginal flour-sack she wo

2. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Now THAT was cute. I always say you can never have too much H/L on the boards! Nice to have another H/L shipper, can't wait to see what else you might write.

3. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    yeay! a cute fic!!
    that was very nicely written, I sure know I would be totaly unable to say NO to a man like Solo..

... I wish dances like those would happen more often... ;)

DM

4. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Aw, so, so, SO sweet!

5. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Thanks. I'm not much for writing anything serious or romantic, but I decided to give it a try. I have the sequel writen already and I'm gonna post it soon. Thanks for liking it! :D

6. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Oops! Almost forgot! The sequel is called 'Of All The Rotten Luck' and will be in this section. Thanks again! :D

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Ah, that was cute!

8. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    That was so cute! I loved it! And I can't wait to read the sequel! :D

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very cute! Nicely done! =D=

10. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Adorable! And I really liked how the last sentence echoed the title - it really brought it full circle! Good job!

11. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    :) Very cute!

12. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Loved this! [face_love]

Ahhh, Han Solo would have been a nice prom date! =P~

I love H/L mush!! :D

"Heart"

P.S.

Looking forward to the sequel.

13. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    That was great! I am mostly a prequel gal anymore(Original trilogy since 77, but Anakin and Padme really brought me in....), but I have to say, this reminded me of the wonderful "Courtship of Princess Leia" my favorite book about the scoundrel and his lady love. More please, and PM me with any other fics!

14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Hilarious! I love H/L stuff--can't wait for the sequel. If you send out PMs, put me on the list!

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I doubt even that ice-cold hell could compete with YOU, Ice Princess!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very funny!

16. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Wow! Thanks to you all! I'm so surprised that you like it! If you want a complete list of the stories I have written, just go to my profile. I will have links to them all as soon as I can. And thanks again!! :D

17. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Hey, widow_skywalker, you like that book too? I love that book! I read about it somewhere and then looked for it in every bookstore I could find! But I still couldn't find it, so I ordered it from Ebay. Now I read it all the time and love it! I just don't like Isolder......lol

18. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Leia really can be cruel to Han sometimes. He probably could have gotten any of the other girls on base to go to the dance with him, but he chose her. It's her own fault that she couldn't resist Han's "puppy dog eyes" and said "yes" to going with him. Interested to see where you go with the sequel.

BTW, there aren't many of us Han/Leia fans who like Isolder.

19. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    nice job

20. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    I loved that! First H/L I've read as I really am a PT girl. But I always loved that scoundrel Han and you did a great job with the tension between the two. Look forward to the sequel. =D=

21. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Solo_ Fan You are very right. Most people DO like him. I just don't because Leia chose HIM over Han! I like the Rags to Riches story of PrincessDaisy2s', when Han punches him. lol, however, I have nothing against Isolder fans :D

22. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Oops! sorry Solo_Fan, I thought you said 'there ARE many of us H/L fans who like Isolder. Sorry, my bad

23. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Great job! You are certainly off to a good start with your writing. Looking forward to the sequel...

24. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Why, thanky! :D

25. rabe_rocks

rabe_rocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    it's so cute! great job!=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.