main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It was only a kiss- H/L mush

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Solo-Evenstar, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    I own nothing- Not these characters, not the Killer's song I had stuck in my head when I wrote this, nothing.
    I am a poor college student- don't hurt me George!

It was only a kiss.

They could think what they wanted, but it was only a kiss.

You have no idea why you did it, why you let him so close. Maybe it was the flush of shared victory, maybe it excitement that he came back, maybe it was the fact that secretly you had been longing to do it ever since you met him on the Death Star a few days ago.

But he kissed you, and maybe, just maybe, you liked it a little bit.

Or a lot.

The way his mouth felt on yours, the way his hands gently cradled your back as he tipped you back, the way he tasted like cheap Corellian ale (something you thought you wouldn?t like, but it only added to his charm), and the look in his eyes as he pulled away.

You would forget none of it.

And you want more?..you just don?t know if you should.

Emperor?s Black Bones, you?ve only known the man for four days! The fact that you let him kiss you as intimately as he did should warn you that he is already working his ways through your defenses.

You sigh, and square your shoulders, and flop your braid over your shoulder. You wonder what he will look like at the ceremony, and if he will even show.

You really want him to show.

Threepio bustles in to tell you that Master Luke and Chewbacca are ready. No mention of him.

Hmm?.maybe if you go give him a kiss?.NO!

You will not continue along this line of thought. You kissed him because you were happy to be alive, because you were happy that you had won the battle?..

And because you were happy he came back, and a little bit of you wonders if it was for you.

How you hope it was.

As you take your place in the temple, you wonder if he left. But he wouldn?t leave without Chewbacca?.would he? You don?t think he would, he doesn?t seem to be that sort of man, but?.

The doors swing open, and you strain your eyes to see that far back. The Wookie is easy to spot, and then you can see Luke?s bright yellow jacket, and then?..

He came.

As the three reach the dais, you look from Luke to Han, and he holds your gaze. You tilt your head and arch an eyebrow, and he seems to understand, because he grants you a smile. You reach for his medal, and as you lean over to put it around his neck, you see his eyes flip down to your cleavage for just a second.

Scoundrel.

He sees you catch him, and as you pull back up, he tosses you a wink. You fix him with a stern look to hide how much that shook you, how your heart wants to leap out of your chest, but he just broadens his smile.

Watch out, Organa.

It was only a kiss.

It became a tradition between the two of them. At any sort of Rebel victory celebration, at the point when everyone but them was hammered beyond remembrance or reason, he would make his move.

He would slide his arms around her, and her?s around him, and they would let their feelings do the talking. And as he kissed her, he would let himself think that he could stay, and that he could keep her, and that maybe this could be real.

But they knew it couldn?t be, and so snapped at each other to cover the feelings that were steadily growing, save for the victory kisses.

Eventually, the kisses became a bit more, and lead to dark corners away from fellow rebels.

But she stopped it, and he let her.

After all, it was only supposed to be a kiss.

You think how different this is.
    How amazing that you are alive, that she?s alive, that the kid?s alive.
    That you don?t have to hide how you feel about her anymore.

All those kisses over the years, hidden or when everyone else was drunk, and now she?s official yours.

It?s all too amazing for you.

Secretly, you want to yell to all your troops that you are in love with the last Princess of Alderaan, that she loves you, and that only moments before, she agreed t

2. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Oh, that was great! It puts quite a different spin on things now, doesn't it? I like it's uniqueness in the realm of H/L fics. The second person POV was interesting too - it's just what Leia must have had to say to herself to make her think that it was "only a kiss." Great job!

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    That was great! I love Han and Leia stories!

4. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Ooh. I like this. The only thing that bothered me was the use of "whiskey" as a drink. Doesn't seem very Star Wars-ish. Perhaps "tasted of cheap Corellian ale" or something to that effect would be better.

5. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    "It started out as a kiss - how did it end up like this? It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss."

I heart The Killers.

You know, I'm starting to get frightened by our similarities. :D

Excellent, excellent work. Good job with the second person narrative - that's hard to do and something that very few authors are willing to explore. Fantastic.

And *sigh* it's H/L mush. More, more, more!

*KR*

6. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Victory kisses turn into something greater than either of them imagined. Nice job! It's fun to think of them in dark corners when no one is looking, denying their feelings all the way!

7. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    That was great! From beginning to end. :D :D

Good job!

Edit - You were fine using the word "whiskey" although I see you must have changed it. You can click on the link below, if you wish to see "whiskey" is a drink in the SW galaxy. ;)

http://www.theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=5304

8. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    lol- The whole whiskey/Corellian ale arguement is making my head spin!!!

Thanks, G-O,for pointing out that it is a drink (loved the pm,btw)

Have changed it,so there is no confusion.

Author thanks up tom!

9. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Ooooooo, I like! How cute! Great insight into what Leia would've thought!

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    and as you lean over to put it around his neck, you see his eyes flip down to your cleavage for just a second.

Scoundrel.

LOL! That was so perfectly Han.

Very beautifully written! :D

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, that was really delightful... loved the progression of her thoughts on the first kiss to his with her becoming officially his! That should keep me smiling! :D :D

12. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I love H/L mush, and especially mush written this well. My favorite part, other than the ending, was all the "kisses in dark corners" when all the other rebels weren't looking. The idea of them carrying on a semi-covert relationship for all those years is very interesting. Great writing!!!

13. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Pretty darn good!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.