It went all went downhill after "Jar Jar".....

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by JediZabrak, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
  2. fett Jedi Knight

star 3
    Give me a break. :rolleyes:

I'm going to start posting rants of everything in the OT that bothers me in the same annoying, whiny voice. Geez, the guy that made those videos is whinier than Anakin and Luke combined!

Major thumbs down to this thread [face_shame_on_you]
  3. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    That guys voice wasn't whiney. I thought he was pretty funny & had some good points. C'mon Donny, admit it, Anakin was pretty much a jerk. He was not the Anakin Skywalker that I imagined, when old Obi Wan was talking about him to Luke in Episode IV. I'm just sharing my opinion, that's all.
  4. fett Jedi Knight

star 3
    That right there is the root of the problem.

C'mon...Anakin is too young?

Trash.

C'mon Lloyd, admit it. Communism is cool.

Yeah... I guess you don't like it when people ask you to admit something you totally don't believe.
  5. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    Whoa, that was harsh. I never said anything about communism (you know how I feel about that). There is a nice & fair way to debate, Donny and a rude way. You are being very rude, my friend(which is not like you). We can have a debate about this, but I can tell that you are trying to insult me over an opinion that I have and that, my friend, I find very ridiculous.
  6. fett Jedi Knight

star 3
    Asking someone to "c'mon admit it" is also rude.

Anakin wasn't a jerk. Was he a cocky bastard? Yes. But he saved Obi-Wan's life numerous times. He refused to abandon Obi-Wan on the Invisible Hand. He had some issues, but I'm sure you would too if you were enslaved as a child and then taken from your mother at a young age and not allowed to see her again. Obi-Wan speaks highly of him in ANH because of their closeness. Obi-Wan loved Anakin like his brother. Anakin was a powerful jedi and he was very passionate. You can see some of the same cockiness and passion in Luke, but nobody ever brings that up.
  7. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Both of you step back and laugh it off. I'll unlock this when you do.

(And guys? IT'S A MOVIE.)
  8. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Unlocking it as long as you guys play nice. :p
  9. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    Well, (in my opinion) Anakin was a jerk most of the time, he had his moments, but he just should have been portrayed with more of those. Han Solo was cocky and a jerk some of the time, but he was still portrayed in a good light. What I expected to see in Anakin was just that, a little cocky, a jerk at times, but still a well-rounded good person(which I rarely saw). I did like his costume though. :p
    Same cockiness & passion in Luke? Explain. :confused:
  10. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    i agree with this guy about this super serious made up movie
  12. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    Huh? :confused:
  13. TKWinterhawk Jedi Knight

star 1
    okay here is my take on Anakin and why he behaves the way he does. In the scene at the opera with Palpatine. Where the chancelor is telling Anakin the take of Darth Plagus the Wise... Palpatine is telling Anakin of how he came to being... Remember that Anakin had no father, Schmi said she just became pregnant with him. Palpatine said that Plagus had such a mastery of the dark side of the force that he could even create life from it.. .

So if we deduce that Palpatines recounting of this story is really how Anakin came to be, then we have to realize that Anakin was created as a result of use of the Dark Side of the Force.... Therefore Anakin's nature will be inherently dark and thus be reflected in his attitudes and behaviors...

that is My opinion, C'mon admit it its a good opinion.... [face_thinking]
  14. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    It's a stretch Sam, but it's still a good opinion. ;) I still like knowing that Anakin had a choice & that the moral of that story is that fear and anger can eventually ruin our lives. He was still a jerk & could have been portrayed like Han was, that way it could have been more consistent with the following episodes. :)
  15. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with this guy for the most part. A few of his points are kinda nuts. But for the most part i was trying not to be a part of the arguing from before.
  16. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    That pretty much sums it up.
  17. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Which is one of my top-ten problem story holes of the PT: So, he gets this really powerful girlfriend...who has in fact MET his mom and knows their conditions in the first place...and yet, uh, NOBODY, including powerful-girlfriend who loves him and already is willing to defy the rules for him, can seem to somehow pull it together enough cough up a little chunk of change to buy mom out of squalor at any time? Anyone? Bueller? Huh.

Mary-SPJ

18. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    But by the time Ani and Padme were "together," Shmi was already dead. I mean, Ani and Padme really didn't even get close until they went to Tatooine and she was already dead.
  19. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    exactly - since the jedi order took anakin at an older age, where he already had a significant attachment to his mother, they could have eased his worry about her by making sure that she was taken care of - ie. freed and given a new life. if anyone could have acted on her behalf, even as a way to make sure the chosen one has one less worry, it's the jedi order and not padme that could have acted. qui-gon did manage to help shmi out a little (after arriving on coruscant, he sent her something valuable which she managed to leverage into a trade which helped end up with her freedom, though it took some plotting on her part and cliegg's). but qui-gon could have mentioned the situation to the jedi council when they realized that the boy missed his mother.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.