main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA It's 12:01am on May 18th you're in costume and EPIII is about to start OK HIT IT! the info thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Ok this topic is all over the place so allow me to bring it all together in one place.

first>>>

Where:
    Regal Natomas Marketplace 16
    3561 Truxel Road
    Sacramento, CA 95834
    916-419-0200

When:
    May 18th 12:01am

What:
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Why:
    This is the theater we chose at the meeting on the 16th. It's fairly central to most of us.

How:
    Go buy Tickets.
    There's a Wild Fandango loose in the theater, go catch em and buy tickets

Second>>>

As DR pointed out in his journey to get tickets buying online does NOT allow you to choose which theater number you'll view it in.

I believe we should be able to correct this either before the day of the show or on the day of the show.

For my vote I'm all for us having a quickie meeting out there to fix this little glitch.

it might be possible for us to simply call the theater and confirm some info and change it that way, but I've never tried that.

Third>>>

Next we need to plan out what time ot meet on the 18th, etc, all the fun stuff.

2. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    I'll be at that theatere. Dressed as a Dark Lord of the Sith. With my brother dressed as Vader

3. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Crap. FYI for Fandango'ers: When you buy that way, you have to present the credit card used to purchase the tix in order to exchange for actual tix. For those not able to get to the theater easily, E-mail me at mike_at_mac.com soonest so that I can make arrangements to get you tickets ASAP--perhaps we can PayPal something? I'm open to suggestions, we're all shooting for screen 11 so let's get the logistics of tix in hand done now so that we have our pick of options.

IT'S APRIL 18TH. ONE. MONTH. TO. GO.

OMG.

(head asplodes) :cool:

4. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    I'm glad my brother is getting the tickets.

5. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    well i can't get my tickets until wed. if anyone wants to be cool and buy me a ticket i could pay you back.

6. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Same here. Payday is Thursday, and I have Paypal. I'll need two tickets.

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I got my ticket.

We may want to contact hand_schuab and see if the 501st is going to be there for the midnight madness.

We also need to see if we can make arrangements with the theater for all of us to sit together for the movie.

Also, to promote ourselves, I will print up some flyers with our web site address and some info for those to contact us.

8. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    If the 501st is interested in coming out, I'll be happy to contact the media to let them know where to bring the cameras.

And wouldn't it be spiff if we could convince the theater to let us play SW music in the premiere theaters for the hour prior to showtime? They already have the A/V equipment in place for when they rent the auditoriums out. Hmm.

Ooh... I might have to dust off my MECO tracks :cool:

"This will be a day long remembered."

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Theater 11. Ok I've got to head to Sac this sunday for PR work. I'll be stopping by the Theater to get my tickets and to make any changes I need.

If anyone wants to meet me there I'll put the local systems in line and get it fixed up.

looks down and slaps LDV

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Wish I could be there with ya bro but I will be in Indy having lunch with George, ya know, the things I have to do as the leader of the Sac Valley Rogues ;)

"Attack pattern Delta ... go now!"

11. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    U suck not being there.

Edit: Watch ur tickets guys. There may be a slip up about the date. Not all theaters but some.

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    No He just sucks in general. (mind you thats the green envy monster talking)

BLAH

A Random Question:

Say you could see Episode III earlier then 12:01am (say around 7:30pm but you'd need to be at that theater around 5:30pm), but say you were asked to work a little bit, perhaps in costume posing for fan pics, running security, rolling posters, etc...

Now imgine it's on the 18th the same day as the 12:01 screening. Which means you'll work (if you call it work) and then see the film..and possibly have to run over to the Regal in Natomas to see the movie again that same night at 12:01am.

Would you be willing to do both?

Could you do both?

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    OK, I got a ticket for me, my girlfriend and her brother. Any way we can hitch a ride with anyone? :D

14. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Poolio,

Speaking for myself, I could answer your question from two separate (but semi-related) perspectives:

1. If we're speaking "hypothetically", it would sound like fun and I'd be willing to give it a try, as long as the babysitting could be worked out on my own end.

2. If we're speaking "Psst. Hey, Rogues, I've got an in on a deal that would let all of us get to be fanboys du jour and see ROTS twice in the same day--and once for free, to boot--and to see it before even most folks on the east coast would have seen it", then I'd have to say I'm willing to personally shave every hair off of outrider's body (even those hairs) so as to have enough to weave my own billboard ad that would say "Sign me up, laddie! And make it snappy!" in my best Scottish brogue. With apologies to the Trekkies and Trekkers out there, of course--think Groundskeeper Willie from The Simpsons.

So really, it depends on whether or not scenario 1 or 2 applies. But also, it would have to be something that all of the Rogues could take part in--I'd be more reluctant to be involved if it were "I've got room for one or two on board the escape craft, the rest of you will be left to the gundarks".

So, which is it? :cool:

Take care,
    DR

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    "U suck not being there" Nawww, it sucks to be you OR. You're not going ;)

DeadPool my answer is ... All of the above!

16. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I'd love to help out a theater in costume, especially if we got to see the movie early.

17. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Thanks for answering guys, I would like it if everyone could answer and answer honestly, there's no shame in saying you couldn't or wouldn't

Speaking theoretically it would be all Rogues. But this is really just a Random question for right now. It was a question I needed answered to cover bases in case it plays out just like that.

I know how busy most of us are, work, family, world domination, playing pokemon ,etc. So in order to get all my Rogues in a row I need this information.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (including my own) and I had wanted to keep this plot under my cloak but the information I recieved makes it seem as if this might just be how this thing plays out (if at all) So I needed to know how many people I could count on for this.

Keep in mind it could be weeks till I get the final info or even the final NO answer. Have patience, I will share whatever info I have as I get it locked down. Just try to keep yourself open to this possiblilty and all that it could mean.

BUT rest assured it would require the shaving of Outrider in any case. Honestly Lets just shave him for the heck of it.

18. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Poolio,

I have taken both the 18th and the 19th off, and it's quite likely that Mrs. Ridiculous would also like to be involved if at all possible. We had planned on coming to the theater at around 6-7 for lining up, and so we may need to adjust plans if something else is going to be sorted out. Although I'm sure you'd tell us more if you could, we'll make the effort to keep as much time free on the 18th as possible so as to help out, if something comes of this at all.

"What did he make the rope from?"
    - Ms. Elizabeth

"Human hair. From me back."
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

:cool:

19. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay, ignore all my other frantic posts of confusion. I really should learn to read all these posts first before responding.

I AM interested in doing the pre-show thingy that Poolio is talking about. I may not sleep for 24-36 hours, but I think I can deal with that. *thinks* sleep night of 17th...work..drive to Sac...costume PR..see movie...work....sleep afternoon/night of 19th. No problem!!

Poolio, would you be willing to pick up tix for me on Sunday? I just need one and I can pay you back that evening (if I don't get out to Davis before then). I think I have hand_shaub's number somewhere, I can call him and see if he knows where he and the 501st are gonna be that night.

20. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I had thought about the 501st as well, but I'm not sure if this would fall within events rules. Put the word out but make sure they know it's nothing set yet.

I'll see if I can pick up a Ticket for ya girl, little low on funds but I think I can work that out.

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I *may* be able to get out to Davis this weekend (Saturday?) if you want to meet up and I can give you the fundage. PM or call me!

22. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Hi All,

It's 5:30p, and I'm heading over to the theater to talk with the manager for a bit about some of our ideas. I'll pick up 3 extra tickets on site, unless anyone has need of more that you know of at this moment--call my cell phone, 916-607-0488, while I'm en route and I'll see what we can work out. We can sort out the funds over the next few days.

Per timeanddate.com, there's only 30 days, 6 hours, 24 minutes and 30 seconds to go. OMG.

:cool:

23. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    OMG OMG OMG OMG!
    My head asplode! :D

24. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Hi all,

Ok, I have 3 extra tickets in hand for screen 11 at the Regal--first spoken for gets them, and I'm sure there will be more runs over the next couple of days to make sure we're all taken care of.

More importantly, I spoke at length with an assistant manager there, and have learned a few pieces of info:

1. Each screen is approximately 40-50% sold out as of Tuesday evening. Seats left on each of the three screens are as follows (approximate):

Screen 11: 300
    Screen 12: 200
    Screen 13: 200

Depending on demand, the theater may add a fourth screening as May 19 draws near--this has NOT been decided at this point.

2. Tickets purchased on Fandango are NOT GUARANTEED FOR A SPECIFIC SCREEN, OR EVEN GUARANTEED FOR A TICKET AT ALL. If you've purchased tickets on Fandango, you have NOTHING until you've exchanged your printout for actual tickets--the theater would merely be responsible for refunding your money. Tickets are sold on "first-come, first-served" basis, and so precedence is given to those who actually come to the theater for tickets, as opposed to Fandango users.

Also: There is no correlation on Fandango as to which link you click, versus which screen the "tickets" are for, due to the above comments. Any link will do, just click and buy if you're going that route.

3. There have been some rumors that the theater may allow people into the theaters on a "first-come, first-served" basis, based on when they lined up (regardless of what screen their tickets were sold for). However, this will NOT be the case--the theater will enforce seating for the screens printed on the tickets (as they should!)

4. A/V equipment is fully installed in each theater for when the auditoriums are rented out, and each supports a microphone, music, and even video on the big screen. I'll be speaking with the general manager on Wednesday to talk more in-depth about some of the possibilities; I also left one of my cards with the assistant manager, which he agreed to pass on to the general manager tomorrow. Bear in mind that nothing may come of this, as LFL is quite particular about public performance of any Star Wars properties--but we're sure going to try!

(LDV: Mebbe a kind word to Steve S., or even G.L., if you happen to run into one/both of them in Indianapolis?) O:)

5. There is not a tremendous amount of room for lining up on property owned by the theater, but previous lines for LOTR and other event films have stretched down as far as the Del Taco, with little/no issue as the various businesses are happy to have so many potential customers in close proximity.

So, that's what I know for the moment. More details to come, and I'm prepared to demean myself mightily for the benefit of my fellow Rogues. Let the whoring begin!! :cool:

25. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    My Fandango printout next to me EXPLICITLY says "Your purchase guarantees you admission." If they don't give me a ticket there WILL be hell to pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.