Sac, CA It's 12:01am on May 18th you're in costume and EPIII is about to start OK HIT IT! the info thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRidiculous Jedi Master

star 1
    Joe,

Should your opinion be the "right" one? Yes!!

However, I'd rather sell my soul so as to have tickets in hand, rather than pay Hell to yodel about it afterwards when I watch all my buddies marching into the detention area... er, uh, theater, while I was standing outside with my bright, white Fandango printout that was worth exactly the $0.02 cents per page.

Regrettably, possession is still 9/10 of the law. I agree with you--completely--that the printed verbiage should mean what it says. But as with drivin', base jumpin', and hot monkey lovin' with a complete stranger:

"Better safe than sorry" :cool:

(debates in another thread, please--details only here)

Best wishes,
    DR
  2. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As soon as I get back, I will be going and picking up my ticket.

As for now, I have something here for you to see. It is my room in panoramic view. It's just a sample of my collection. Some stuff is still in boxes, and this view doesn't show my 12" collection. But for some of you, it's enough to drool over. Don't be hate'n now. ;)

my room

And now, I am ready to go get my C3 stuff and add it to my collection.

Dead, Tionne ... I am counting on you two to take care of the Rogues until I get back. Keep them out of trouble coughAJcough. Psssst Tionne, make sure you keep Dead out of trouble too. ;)

Until Late night Monday, or Tuesday, this is Rogue Leader ... signing off

MTFBW!!!!!
  3. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    DR said he's in theater 11... shall we all try to get in there too?
  4. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    No worries we can fix the seating, I think we should all get into # 11.
  5. DarthRidiculous Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi all,

11/12 are "twins" of each other, the biggest/best theaters they've got there. 13 is still good, but smaller.

Unless my rank body odor is offensive (I really should wash at least once a week), or if being in a (large) enclosed space with me would cause you to come down with a severe case of rabies, scabies, fleas, ticks, or Ebola, Mrs. Ridiculous and I would be happy to enjoy the movie with y'all on screen 11. :cool:
  6. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    LVD has signed off for now....hmmmmmmm.
  7. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    who's LVD? is that Rob Van Dam's brother from WWE?

however...LDV has left yes. But keep in mind he's just a figure head or puppet leader for Deadpool to rule from the shadows.

Get out of line and it'll be me you deal with first little one. keep in mind I'm normally the last line of defense because I hit the hardest..and lowest.

have fun, play nice or I'll make you cry.

8. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    Does that mean we can all go to the Dark Side? Please say we can.
  9. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Everyone but You can. The Darkside must be earned and so far you haven't got the personal credits to be an Ewok.

besides you'd have to pass the Darkside spelling bee to get in...oh were evil but professional. Besides nobody takes a poorly worded ransom note seriously.

sorry your application is DENIED.

10. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LDV's panorama view is impressive...most impressive.

If Deady's the last line of defence, then I am the first. AJ comes somewhere in the middle to deliver crushing physical blows after my mental ones. ;)

11. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    "sorry your application is DENIED"

You should not have said that. You know nothing of my power. You'll find out I'm full of surprises. If you strike me down I shall become more powerful that you can possibly imagine.
  12. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    Boy is it quiet tonight. Hello.(hears an echo)
  13. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like I won't be able to join you guys after all.

Since I'm bringing my girlfriend and her 13-year-old brother, her mom and dad not happy we were going to the Truxel theater. They said okay, but I think it was because we already had tickets.

Anyway, on the news this morning there was a piece on a man who was beaten off of Truxel so badly that he's expected to die. They said we can't go down there now, despite my efforts to convince them otherwise. They're so adamant about it that they said they'll pay me for the tickets in case I can't get a refund.

Blah. Guess I'll be joining Crutag at the Roseville show.
  14. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "You should not have said that. You know nothing of my power. You'll find out I'm full of surprises. If you strike me down I shall become more powerful that you can possibly imagine."

zzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzz *yawn* I'm sorry what was that you were saying?

Silly Wabbit Siths aint for kids.
  15. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ain't for kids! I am no boy.
  16. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Stop behaving like one and we'll stop treating you like one.

Besides age and maturity don't always go hand in hand. I know 40 year old men with 13 year old mentalities (not talking about you Devin)

There is a fine line between goofy fun and needless actions of disrepect.
  17. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    True, but do u know the difference?
  18. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, I couldn't get my ticket until tonight.
    screen 11 is completely sold out. I got 2 ticks for screen 12.

Sorry, I have a migriane and haven't read all the above posts. I'm typing this with one eye closed.
    I'll try to read it tomorrow.

Do you think I can get into the same theater???????

EDIT: I would be interested Deadpool in both things. IF if comes about let me know, cause I would have to ummm call in sick to one of my jobs. :p

19. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    So you guys remember what I look like if you wish to find me, here you go:

[image=http://webs.lanset.com/howard97/outrider.bmp]

I'm the one on the right. Please rember this was about a year ago.
  20. DarthRidiculous Jedi Master

star 1
    Shasa, thanks for the confirmation about screen 11 being sold out. Looks like JoeSunrider has a buyer for his (now-unusable, thanks to thug ass-munches) tickets :D

And Joe, sorry to hear it bud. We'll be thinking of you!! :(

I spoke with the theater general manager tonight, and it looks like the phone call was a good one as he mentioned himself the possibility that the theater would let people sit in whichever theater they pleased, first-come first-served, rather than honoring the screen number on the tickets themselves. When I pointed out that large groups of folks (including us) had bought tickets with the intentions of seeing it with all of our buds, on the best screens, he sounded somewhat surprised and said, "Oh, you're right, that's a good point--we'd better not do that then!" :D Also, screen 11 is the only one there with SDDS sound and so it should be hoppin' as it can be.

So, one hurdle down. He also noted that the theater would be making every effort to get guests into the theaters as soon as possible, rather than making people stay outside until the last minute.

I have the number for Regal Promotions, which would coordinate any in-theater activities we might have planned. The GM sounded appreciative that we're making an effort to organize some things a bit, as it would take some work off of the theater's plate, and he certainly seemed willing to support anything we could make happen inside the theater (music, video, whatever) if the Promotions office would sign off on it. However, it's possible that some $$$ might be needed to make that happen, as it would be somewhat like renting the theater(s) involved. I'll follow up with that office tomorrow, and we'll go from there (if anything comes of it at all)

(images of Troops. Hardware Wars, and other goodies during that last hour before showtime make DarthRidiculous weep with hope and joy--he hopes it's not misplaced, or some damn fool idealistic crusade)

Wow. 4 weeks from today, we'll already have seen the movie! OMG.

(passes out, head hits keyajghdsfkhasfgo8sfg
  21. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i still need to get my tickets.
  22. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    I hae bad news. I think I may be going to the one at Century 14 on Ethan way. It depends on my brother.
  23. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Me too AJ. I was thinking of going out there on Saturday. Are you guys just going to get tix for theater 12 and hope they will let us switch?
  24. ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, I'm still not sure on that point.

Do I need to see if I can buy someone else theater 11 tickets or just hope for the best.

And if I am to stick with the theater 12 tickets... I have 2 so I will sell one to one of you guys.

Since it was 12 and not 11 I got 2 tickets incase I needed to find someone to go into 12 with me. :p

PLEASE let us know DR! Thanks.
  25. DarthRidiculous Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi all,

Ok, screens 11 and 13 are now sold out; screen 12 has 90 seats left as of 8:30p Friday evening. However, the theater now tells me that those who have bought Fandango tickets do have a correspondence to a given theater, and that tickets are being held for those who have purchased online. So, although that seems like a 180 to me from what they said before about "first come, first served" at the ticket booth, that would actually bode well as opposed to online customers being left solely with a Fandango printout on Empire Day! :D

And here's a bit of news that I'm practically shaking over, trying to keep myself calm and not get our hopes up. However, I have to share what I've learned so far.

I spoke with the district office today, and the final decision on whether or not we will be able to have any in-theater activities will rest with the district manager. However, the manager's office seemed quite receptive to the idea of having microphones, music, and even video on the big screen for the lead-up hour to the movies. If the decision can be kept at the district level, Regal corporate does not need to be involved and so we will have much more autonomy. Plus, they may be able to let us do our thing for little or no charge!!

I was also told that the district office has been contacted separately by one/more troopers from the 501st, regarding garrison members possibly putting in an appearance. I'm sure we should be able to coordinate with them, but I'd like to leave such contacts to LDV and others more familiar with whom to speak with on their end.

So, everyone up to the person making the final decision has expressed support and willingness to let us go hog wild, and now we have merely to wait until Tuesday next, when the district manager will be back in the office and so able to have this possibility suggested. Any Jedi Mind Tricks out there might be especially helpful, but I'm formulating a few different options for what we might do if the word is given--certainly a thank-you to everyone who comes, mebbe intro with some MECO goodness and then segueing into Hardware Wars, Troops, and... hmm, mebbe the Star Dudes shorts? If the soundtrack DVD is available to us, mebbe we could get away with showing some of the music/video footage to be included on that?

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES, I'm just afraid of getting too caught up in it only to find out that they'll tell us to bugger off, or that they'll want $500 or something to "rent" the theaters. Ugh, I'm all a-twitter!! But we'll still have the premiere regardless.

Give me some ideas, and help me calm these palpitations! :cool:

Take care,
    DR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.