main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph It's a City, Not a Yo-Yo: Stargate Atlantis (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 10, 2006.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Somewhat. "The Tower" wasn't very good and "Grace Under Pressure" was too drawn out. I've yet to watch "The Long Goodbye"- I have it on tape.

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    The Tower was one of the few that I enjoyed from this season.

Very "Look at the Princess"-ish. Combined with last week's "Crakers Don't Matter" its a regular Farscape marathon.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah I liked The Tower as well- I mean, it had Galen in it! ::)

The fact that the Ancient Tech is gene-based also makes the emergence of a bloodline-centric society very plausible.

My only dissapointment was they didn't dwell much on what else finding a sister city to Atlantis could do for them befyond resupplying their drones and jumpers.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Very good episode- I always love the Genii episodes. It will be very interesting if Weir's fear of this new guy being just as bad as the old one pans out.

I'm guessing they wanted a face to the Genii that was a more readily available/less expensive actor than Colm Meaney?

5. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

I don't know though. There was a theological shift there. Maybe we'll be seeing Geni on the other side next season. They are one of the best parts of the series. The two parter last season was great.

6. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Coup was good, the ending rocked
    Inferno was fun
    The season finale makes me wish it was next season already

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I agree, I like the Genii bits the best, and I'm going to miss Colm, he's a good actor and I think it gave Atlantis some exposure to have a high profile SF actor as a part-timer on the show.

I'm hoping the new Genii leader will continue to be a thread and eliminate Weir. :p

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    The episode Michael is on tomorrow night. That one actually looked really cool.

9. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Hey, most of Atlantis has been awesome recently. The only ones below par have been "Grace Under Pressure" and the real stinker, "The Tower".

10. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm surprised no one is discussing "Michael". It's without a doubt my favorite of the season and perhaps of the whole series.

11. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    How was that episode?

12. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    As I said it was my favorite episode of this season yet and perhaps the whole show.

13. weezer

May 16, 2001
    But would you say that it was your favorite of the season, or even the whole show? :p

It was good enough. I wouldn't say that it was one of my favorites in any regard but it was darn good. It was the culmination of what the rest of the season had been working to. Its not the end of it either IIRC.

14. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    I really liked the moral/ethical dilemma of this episode. Is it right to play God with the Wraith in order to protect the galaxy? The answer appears to be "no".

Connor Trinneer was great as "Michael". It was great to see him in a sci-fi series again.

15. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Spoilers for Season Three

Trineer will be back in the Season Preimere. Supposedly he wasn't availabel for the infale so his character is played by Brent Stait(Andromeda alumni).

16. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Did I miss the Season ender? Or was it the one with the Wraith heading to earth?

17. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    One of my favorite shows on Television and a guilty pleasure for me. Love the whole stargate meets Atlantis concept.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The season finale, Michael, airs this week.

19. weezer

May 16, 2001
    While it will feature Micheal the season finale is called Allies and airs 3.10.06.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    :oops: My mistake.

21. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Upping for said season finale.

Good stuff. You knew it was going to bite them in the ass one way or another. How does that saying go? Lay with the dogs and you wake up with fleas.

Well make deals with the Wraith and you end up getting double crossed putting all of Earth at risk.

22. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Fantastic cliffy, just as good as BSG.

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I guess my problem with the finale was there was no real sense of suspense. There was never any question the wraith were going to screw them over it was just how and when.

Some of the battle at the end was pretty intense and I was worried for McKay for a bit but the whole we're going to Earth thing didn't really resonate with me.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think that could be because the Ori threat sorta overshadows the Wraith threat- to a certain degree it's almost like "so what if the Wraith get here? The Ori will just take care of them" ("Hey! Only we get to feed off of the life energy of the humans, bugboy!"). Obviously, we don't want the Wraith gaining a foothold in our galaxy if we can prevent it (certainly makes things less complicated when trying to deal with the Ori threat if your not distracted by life sucking aliens), but there is some over shadowing.

I've also gone and specified this thread as a spoilers thread, since I inadvertedly left that unspecified when I made the thread.

25. weezer

May 16, 2001
    When you put it that way it doesn't sound near as silly.

Don't know what it is. Maybe its just my overall preference for SG-1 over Atlantis. When the Ori head this way I'm thinking were all screwed. With the wraith on the way I just think "eh they won't make it half way".