main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph It's a City, Not a Yo-Yo: Stargate Atlantis (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 10, 2006.

1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I just went to the web site

Aparently Michael is #18
    Inferno is #19
    Allies is #20

I guess I already saw the season ender, and while I liked it a lot, I dont think it compares to the SG1 Season ender. OMG!

But If you think about season enders at the same time, Earth is SCREWED!!! Sure the Ori will likely destroy the wraith in the end, but before that happens, the wraith are gonna eat a lot of Humans, and Jafa, and anyone else they come in contact with.

There is always a bigger fish!

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yeaaah it would be a mega threat if it happend but I just don't see it happening. If the Wraith even make it to the Milky Way I'll give them mad props.

Just seems to me if they had actually planed on both the Ori and the Wraith showing up and kicking our collective asses before turning on each other the Wraith would of actually made it here in the season finale instead of waiting for next season. You know you end on a dark note with no possible way out and you open on a high note. If they were going to make it they would of made it (if that makes sense).

3. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Well if you think about it, they used the same formula at the end of season 1. The wraith were attacking, and there was no real hope of winning. It was prety dark.

If I think about your point tho, your likely right. We know the wraith dont have very good hyperdrive, and it takes the dedalus a month to make the trip, it would likely take the wraith a year. Also, it seems that the wraith are fractured, and even if some are acting together, I dont think that the wraith are heading to earth EnMasse.

Im still interested to see what they do with the ancient ship too!

4. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I read a spoiiler somewhere, maybe the gate world forums, so take it with a block of salt, but we repel the Ori, and they amass another fleet, and the wraithj make it to the milky way just in time to interupt.....

5. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Most of the spoilers on gateworld don't lead me to assume that is true but its not all complete for season 3 yet.

The idea of both threats coming at the same time is really cool. It would really turn both shows way up if they did it. I just don't see them doing it.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I've just strated watching this show. I watched a couple of season 1's eps but it was in the middle of the season, so I had a hard time catching on. Then I saw that Mitch Pileggi was joining the cast and...well...THAT got my attention :p

I'm in the middle of season 1 and have season 2 TIVOed and recorded onto DVD to gear up when I'm done w/ season 1.

First impressions, like many have said before Dr. McCay steals the show. He's by far my favorite character - he knows that he's an arrogant ass and completely clueless at the same time. I like Elizabeth also. She reminds me of Ripley - not only in looks but having to prove herself to others.

Shepard is pretty cool, but it would be nice to see his plans completely blow up in face once in a while. He's a bit to perfect of a character for me to really get into him.

I also like Tey'la - her not speaking in contractions reminds me of Tenel Ka :p

The Wraith are by far the creepiest, ickiest villains I think I've seen in sci-fi and that's saying a lot!

7. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Australia showed season 1 of Atlantis after they showed season 8 of SG-1.

Now America has finished season two of Atlantis and we still haven't seen the first episode of season 2 yet :_|.

8. Minder

May 28, 2002
    And that, my young Padawan, is why I download them.

Delayed air dates in different countries is the STUPIDEST idea that I have ever heard of !!!

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    A thought occurs. The Atlantis scientist - don't know his name - says the Wraith have taken planetary data from their database. Fair enough.

The Wraith saying they are heading to Earth. Also fair enough.

Now, the latter don't know Earth from Adam, so all we know is that the Wraith think they are heading our way. They could be going anywhere.
    Could be that in the opener of the next Season, we learn that someone has amended the database information in case it ever got compromised, after all, the Stargate people don't need to have it in their database; they either step through the stargate, or take the Daedalus back to Earth.

Even if they do pop up in our galaxy, the Ori will say 'worship us', witll take the habitual sneer as a 'no', and spank wraith butt.

I should point out that I didn't believe Vader was Luke's Dad between 1980-83, so my theories should be taken with a pinch of salt anyway.

Lastly, I reckon Sheppard's X-302 has been drawn along with the hive ships into hyperspace, and McKay might be able to beam off the ship and onto it. No idea about Chewie though.

10. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Delayed air dates is STUPID yes, however the minor fact that Downloading the episodes happens to be illegal is where it stops for me, having said that I have actually seen the first 4 episodes up to duet[face_blush]

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hopefully SG-1 and SGA will follow BSG and Lost's lead and make episodes available through iTunes.

12. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I'd love to see it but I think its doubtful, at least for the time being. I'm sure Sony has something of their own in the works and just because its Sony they'd be hesitant to go with apple. However apple has something big in the works (announcement rumored to be around the 1st) and it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Sony will be in on it.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Just starting season 2 of SGA - I love the addition of Mitch's character to the staff. The little alien is funny - he reminds me of a Computer opponent I play against in my Hoyle board games named Roswell :p

Ford's transformation is weird...will be interesting to see how they play that out.

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    You'd think so.

Sadly it wasn't.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, I didn't care for the Super-Ford storyline (it wasn't until The Hive that it got good, IMO), but I will admit that, while rewatching Season 2 now, it's actually a little better the second time around.

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I just didn't go anywhere.

Maybe next season they'll be something but I seriously doubt it. Why would the actor come back after that?

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    To perhaps rejoin the cast and get a full-season paycheck again? ;)

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yeah that you'd come back for.

If they said "come on we'll put some crappy make-up on you and only put you in three episodes, it will be fun" I wouldn't be jumping at the chance.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm now down to the last 10 episodes. I guess they did leave the door open to see if Ford might come back. I did like how at least Sheppard and he bonded towards the end of their last episode together - giving each other the proper respect that each deserved, so if they did kill off Ford, at least there was some closure to things.

I finished watching the submersival/jumper ep w/ Rodney at the bottom of the ocean. That was a great episodes. I do love how that Rodney's character always stays right on track that he panics easily, is highly egotistical, and claustrophobic.

It would be nice to see an episode or 2 where Rodney gets some humbling though. He could use getting knocked down a peg or 2 once in a while.

20. weezer

May 16, 2001
    There was a season 2 episode where he got taken down a few notches. It was the one where they found the super cannon on that planet and Rodney was convinced he could get it to work but it just ended up blowing up the planet.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh yeah, that was a great episodes :p

Weir "You blew up an entire star-system!"

:p

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Heh, there are some similarities in their mannerisms, isn't there. Still, it seems fairly well established in the prior season that Mckay's only real relative is his sister.

24. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Your saying he's going to be in drag o_O

I had forgoten about that. Maybe it won't be a blood relation. Something like a teacher that taught him everything he knows. He just seems very similar. Especialy the way that he acted in the movie, its almost as if they based McKay on that character (except smarter).

I probably wouldn't of made the connection if he had shown up on SG-1, so maybe they won't have anything to do with each other.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Just finished the last of SGA episodes last night.

Poor Rodney and Ronin :_|:_|

I'm assuming Sheppard somehow managed to sneak his way on board though and will get them out of their confines.

I see several SG1 cross-overs coming up for the summer episodes.