Amph It's a City, Not a Yo-Yo: Stargate Atlantis (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest, Jan 10, 2006.

1. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was a kind of interesting if not predictable twist.

Nice little "Enemy Mine" episode. It tends to be a staple in all Sci-Fi shows and SG-1 and Atlantis have definitely made use of it :p

It is a welcome change though. The Wraith were kind of nebulously bad but unlike the Goa'uld who never really evolved past that we've been getting quite a bit of development out of the Wraith.
  2. Minder Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes it was a SW reference. The fact that they went into hyperspace was not relavant. It was the fact that they clamped on to the ship to hide from the sensors (Just like the Melenium Falcon did in "The Empire Strikes Back") that was the reference.
  3. Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yeah, I really liked last week's episode. I like it when you don't have just the Wraith as bad guys but this other guy Kolya and the Genii who kinda are the villains to both parties.
  4. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They don't even look remotely alike. :rolleyes:

How are we supposed to believe that they are related... waitaminute...
  5. NJOfan215 Jedi Master

star 5
    tonights ep ws coll, i'm interested in seeing how the ZPM depletion plays out.
  6. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, the ZPM depletion thing has a lot of ramifications- I'm guesisng it plays out for a bit since that's probably why the intergalactic gate network was introduced for the ZPM's absence.
  7. Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    :_| I don't a have TV!! But I did get my mom to tape it for me. I saw the preview on Sci-Fi.com. Interesting. I'm glad to hear that Rodney didn't blow up the universe:p

I'm so happy that Atlantis got the go ahead to do another season. It's sad for SG-1 but I think it was time. I mean 10 years, wow.
  8. cristalvandepol Jedi Master

star 5
    I love this show! I actually started watching Stargate Atlantis first before I started watching SG-1. I agree with many of you that the main reason to watch the show is Rodney and especially Rodney's interaction with Sheppard and the other characters. One bad thing is that since I live in Canada, I'm about a million seasons behind... or it feels like it anyways. :p Season Three is about to start on The Movie Network though, so I hope to catch some newer episodes that way.
  9. JediTrilobite Jedi Master

star 7
    Last night's episode was decent, although not my favorite.

Although, Rodney at the end complaining was funny. "You shot me!" "I said I was sorry."
  10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    It's not their best episode, but it also wasn't a bad one- it did have some great character stuff there.
  11. JediTrilobite Jedi Master

star 7
    Tonight's episode rocked, much better than last week's. The team leaving Atlantis, very sad.
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    This was a great episode- not only was it not what I was expecting (from the spoilers I had read I had expected a replicator-themed version of the Genii incursion into Atlantis), but it was a solid character episode, and I think it's cliffhanger was much more effective than SG-1's this year (a reversal from last year where the Ford 2-parter kinda fell flat).
  13. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Has anyone been following the new Atlantis spoilers?

The people at Save stargate SG-1.com are starting another "save" campainge because they're saying that we'll be losing another major character from Atlantis durning season 3.

(I know this is the spoiler thread but I'm going to highlight this anyways)
    Carson Beckett.

On the plus side there is speculation that we'll be getting Jewel Staite (Kaylee) as a replacement [face_thinking]
  14. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Heh- she's already been on the show as the young Wraith girl in season 2, and she was killed.
  15. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  16. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well it looks like at least part of that was true.

[link=http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/10/jewel_staite_returning_to_iatlan.shtml]Gateworld[/link] is saying that Jewel will be a returning character.

Things aren't looking good for Mr. Beckett.

Moral of the story is to never join the SGC as a MD. Any other PHD works out fine (though I guess at least one archaeologist doesn't have a very good track record) :p
  17. Takergirl316 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, but he also seems to have a track record of coming back from the dead.
  18. Rebel_Padawan Jedi Master

star 4
    Well season 2 of Atlantis just started last night here in Australia, good to see they are keeping up with the times :p
  19. NJOfan215 Jedi Master

star 5
    Instead of killing characters off, they might actualy try developing them.
  20. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Its funny how they don't seem to understand the difference some times.

It was the same with Janet. They're trying to pull some Lost-esq tragic death and its just going to end up being anoying.
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Gateworld's reporting that Amanda Tapping will be appearing in Season 4 of SGA- though it's unclear if it's as a recurring guest star or a cast regular. Apparently this is achieved via her "Season 11" contract for availability.
  22. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think she said at a recent convention that it was going to amount to little more then a handful of guest shots. There was even some speculation that meant that she wasn't the acutal regular that was hinted at crossing over [face_thinking]

I doubt it though. She'd definatly make a good addition to the cast. Her and Rodney will be great together. I was sorry to hear that it wouldn't be Shanks. I would of also been thrilled to see Black make the jump.
  23. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Beau Bridges would seem like a likely carry-over, so that they can still utilize Stargate Command and have the SGA crew interact with them on a regular basis. Landry and Walter are all you really need to "sell" the SGC.
  24. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That is so simple that they'd almost have to do it.

Then again I can just see them doing the whole "telephone" thing with it and talk about Walter and Landry yet only talk to with a one way phone conversation.
  25. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, if they can't get/don't want to pay for Landry, then Walter should suffice for SGC communications. And, I mean, if they can't get Walter back, they have some problems ;)