main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It's a Drabble! SW Edition (11/24: "A Little on the Dark Side" (Yoda))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Admiral Drabblar, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Best Around

Yoda hobbled forward and leaned heavily on his gnarled cane as he examined the young man before him. "Think you have what it takes to be a Jedi, do you?" he asked.

"I do, master."

Yoda harrumphed. "Of course you do. Wouldn't be here otherwise, would you. Certain, you are, that you're the best around, that nothing's ever going to get you down. Much too old to enter the Academy, but trained you were by someone claiming to be former Jedi, hmm?"

"I guess you get this a lot," the man said.

Yoda shook his head. "The first you are."

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Tee hee... I like that Yoda is a little snarky. :)

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    This made me smile! :D

4. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    LOL, love snarky!Yoda. :D

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Snarky Yoda is the best. [face_shhh] Don't need him to know we think so. [face_laugh]

6. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks, all of you.

Title: Help Not Wanted
    Timeframe: Saga

Dexter resisted the urge to sigh. He'd never think of questioning the Emperor - not anywhere he could be overheard, at any rate - but Palpatine clearly hadn't considered just how it'd affect Coruscant when he disbanded the Senate.

"Listen, Your Grace, Your Prominence, or whatever," he began.

"Pleasa, meesa's just Jar Jar now."

"Fine, Just Jar Jar," said Dexter, "let me be honest. In some ways, you're grossly overqualified to work in this diner. In most ways, the ones that matter, you're grossly underqualified."

He turned to the queue stretching out the door. "That goes for the rest of you, too!"

7. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    The ending is the best! [face_rofl] Perfect timing.

8. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: An Outside Force
    Timeframe: Pre-Saga

Master Torrus Jolb stood before the assembled knights and padawans. "We," he declared, "are Jedi! The power of the Force flows through us! We must use that power to stand up to the forces of darkness, to-"

"Master?" A young woman had raised her hand.

"Yes, padawan?"

She asked, "Are you saying that the invaders have their own versions of the Force?"

"Well, no," answered Jolb. "They're just a big army. While the Sith harnessed the Dark Side, that was..." He trailed off. "I see what happened. I used the word in two different ways. I'm sorry, everyone, my mistake."

9. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: True Green

The tall figure paused for a moment at the saloon door, his face hidden by shadow. Only his very distinctive silhouette and a hint of green fur were visible to anyone inside who might be looking his way. But nobody was.

He pushed through the doors and took one step before he paused, waited again. Still, nobody noticed. By the fourth step, someone spotted him and yelled, "What're you s'posed to be?"

Jaxxon knew that the humans of this world knew nothing of life on others, let alone anything as alien as he was. "It's rabbitskin!" he lied, sort of.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    ROTFL. [face_laugh] Lovin' these, keep them coming!

11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Noisy in Here
    Timeframe: Post-Saga

Jaxxon pressed a pair of pillows over his ears, but that didn't seem to have any effect on the noise. Frustrated, he screamed and threw the pillows back onto his bunk.

Somewhere behind the noise, he heard something he almost recognized. It wasn't until Amaiza had stepped in front of him and tried yelling at him that he realized it had been her attempting to communicate. "Sorry," he mouthed.

She held a pad up in front of his face: "It's all in your head." Immediately, the sentient noise tried to escape, but the forcefields had already come up around him.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wonderfully fun drabbles—highly entertaining. :cool: I'll admit that the mention of Jaxxon in the thread title drew me in—that's one character I don't think I've ever seen even tackled in fanfiction before, and I love stories about obscure characters. Do keep 'em coming! :

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    I've used Jaxxon a few times. But he's not going to be in this one.

Title: Smugglers' Weekend

Han dropped the brochure on the counter and glared at it. Part of him wanted to turn the glare on his wife instead, but he didn't think that wise. Besides, her heart had been in the right place. He had been feeling restless lately, but this was the wrong solution.

"Leia, hon," he said, "These places are for guys who've never stuffed cargo under the deck plating or run a blockade. A weekend smuggling camp just isn't going to do me much good. Especially not if he's running it." He jabbed at Lando's grinning picture. "I'd never live it down."

Ewok Poet and Gemma like this.
  14. Luminous beings are we...

Luminous beings are we... Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2013
    HA!

I like your writing style, too. You're making it very easy for a reader to fall straight into the story, which is essential when the word count is so limited. And then...then come those glorious punchlines.

Nice work.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Another delightful drabble! "Smugglers' Weekend"—hilarious concept. [face_laugh] Fun and very in-character Han deadpan moment. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks, both of you.

Title: Fixed in Time
    Famdom: Doctor Who / Star Wars
    Doctor: Tenth

"There exist fixed points in time," the Doctor explained, "moments that can't be altered, not even by a Time Lord."

Yoda nodded thoughtfully. "This means that malleable everything else is, yes?"

"Stretchable, changeable, foldable, spindlable, mutilatible," replied the Doctor. "Malleable works."

"How many of these fixed points are there?" asked Yoda.

The Doctor looked away and rubbed at his neck. "Well, that rather depends," he said. "Fixed points are tied to places as much as to times, so..."

"For this galaxy, could you say?"

The Doctor continued to prevaricate before blurting out, "Six!"

"More than that, I thought there'd be."

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] =D= The crossing of paths of Luke/Mara is one of those. [face_love]

18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    No, that would be one of the more Yoda thought there'd be.

Title: King Mixer
    Fandom: Star Wars: Rebels

Zeb rubbed at the bump on the back of his head. "I'm telling you he's a villain, a king mixer."

"He's a droid," Hera replied. "And what's a king mixer supposed to be, anyway?"

Zeb explained. "It means he hates group unity, so he's always seeking to undermine it and turn us against each other."

"Sounds like Chopper," she agreed. "Or you, the last time you got bored. Or Sabine sometimes. Or any of us, frankly. Are you going to want to abandon us on random asteroids too?"

"Only when you get on my nerves, like Ezra did last Tuesday."

Admiral Volshe, Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  19. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: With Due Care

The Sith Lord pointed to one of his scurrying underlings, not really caring which one it was. "You, visit the dungeon and bring me back the heads of three of the Jedi!"

The creature started to lope away toward a recessed staircase but stopped just before descending. "Oh great and glorious master," it slobbered, "you currently have eight - no, seven - Jedi prisoners in the dungeon. Which three among them do you want me to behead?"

The Sith Lord replied, "You must make that choice, but use as much care as I did when I selected you to perform this task."

Ewok Poet likes this.
  20. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Bad Influences

"Why," Han demanded, "do you automatically assume that my friends' kids will be worse influences than a bunch of diplomats' brats?"

Leia continued inspecting place settings as she replied, "I don't have to assume anything. I've met most of your friends' children. Need I remind you just why Jaxxon and Amaiza's daughter isn't allowed within a light year of Coruscant?"

"Well, maybe our kids will be good influences on these children who so desperately need them." Han smiled his most charming smile, but Leia wasn't looking his way.

"Our children would definitely be great influences. But the answer's still no."

Tarsier and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Fun stuff, as always—you've really got the drabble genre down to a science. Jaxxon and Amaiza's daughter—the mind boggles... :p ;)

22. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great drabbles!

23. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Love them all, ESPECIALLY the one about Jaxxon. He's the spiritual father of Jazz and Bucky, after all. I enjoy your miniature works of art! :)

24. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. And, uh, here's more Jaxxon and Amaiza.

Title: In-Laws and Order

Jaxxon shook his head. "It's not about you being human, Amaiza! My family won't care about that. They'll just be happy I've found someone."

"Then what's the problem?" asked Amaiza.

"It's, well, the way you dress," he admitted. "I personally love the bikini, but it's probably not the best choice for a family gathering like this."

"What?" She rose and yelled, "If they don't like my clothes, they can-"

"Also," he interjected, "it's winter there."

Amaiza grumbled. "Fine."

"Also, that thing about my family not caring about you being human may not apply to some of my aunts and uncles."

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    You are spoiling us with Bucky Jazz Jaxxon here. :)