main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit It's a frappe! It's a wrap! Where's my hat? - The Official Star Wars: Detours Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I was wondering when you would bring this thread back AdmiralNick22.

I can't wait to see these. I like comedy like this

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I am looking forwards to Detours. Looks hilarious. More original jokes and humor in general in the teaser for this show than all three Family Guy parodies combined.

"Are not!" "Are too!" "Bleeoop!" "Not talking to you, trash can!"
    "It's a matte painting! They haven't installed the bottomless shaft yet!" "Must have gone over budget."

Lazy Storm Trooper and Alexrd like this.
  4. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I like some of the Emperor things, but I greatly prefer how Robot Chicken portrayed the Emperor (as the "beleaguered CEO of the galactic corporation that is the Empire," as Seth Green said on Leno).

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I think it's still that, by and large.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Just gonna say... I'm really looking forward to hobo Obi-Wan snitching beer money. From Rotta.

And I'm totally putting that in my personal canon.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nick, Ackbar is reigning now? Did he usurp the throne of the fish prince? Faithful mackerel!!

Coffee, it goes well in hand with Kenobi as an angry drunk perpetually chopping arms off.

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My biggest problem with this series? It's CGI. They are betraying their stop-motion roots and that makes me sad.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    'Course, Titan Maximum was also stop-motion, and that look how well that went.

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Titan Maximum was awesome.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm mostly referring to the fact that it was cancelled so quickly. But I did watch the first episode and was not impressed.

12. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Huge Tartakovsky fan, but me too, actually.

13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    As I said in the temp forums, things like the matte painting, "Go haunt Yoda," and the Ackbar part were funny, but this just isn't what I want to see.

14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    An irreverent look at Star Wars, ala the guys at Robot Chicken, coupled with a presumably bigger budget and better technology is all good in my book. We need a bit of humor that gives us all a chance to laugh at this subject we all obviously love and spend hours discussing. All the concepts seen so far- hobo Obi-wan, lil'Ackbar, Leia the teenage monster, Chewie the distressed housewife, Palpatine the singles cruiser - all of this and more will undoubtedly provide hours of laughter and entertainment. :D

--Adm. Nick

15. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Lets not forget Dexter asking Jar Jar on how honest he wants it on why everyone hates him or talking about Amidala about how she was great in politics but horrible in everything else. And I decided to join AdmiralNick22 in the avatar department as well!

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  16. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I think we're all in need of something to make us come together and have a laugh. And hey, if Vader throws Jar-Jar out an airlock again, this series will be canon as far as I'm concerned!

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Exactly. For all the serious debates and discussions we have on these threads, it is good from time to time to just sit back and have a good laugh together. I wholeheartedly look forward to this series. [:D]

--Adm. Nick

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hear hear!

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Titan maximum wasn't cancelled, AFAIK- just in limbo. I had asked Seth and crew about the show back at C5 (so, granted, that was 2 years ago, but still a good amount of time since the 1st season had concluded) and they told me the main delay with Titan was that they couldn't produce it and Robot Chicken at the same time.

Hard to say if that was further affected by the development of Detours or if its just a matter of limited stop motion facility availability.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Let's not forget that all those concepts essentially reflect the truth of what we've seen in the films and EU.

CooperTFN likes this.
  21. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have this topic in the Television section of the forum rather than Literature?

22. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    We have threads for TCW, so I figured this thread is fine here. Besides, the show will most likely have EU references and such.

--Adm. Nick

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, the people in Television have different interests from us. We're focusing on different aspects.

Such as continuity. Well, since it's a separate universe, a reflection of continuity anyway...

24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    If one of Leia's decoys turns out to be Winter, I will personally add every moment of the show to the wook.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    And maybe she'll run into 'lil Ackbar!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.