main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit It's a frappe! It's a wrap! Where's my hat? - The Official Star Wars: Detours Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Awww, but it's so cute!

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I just loved the take on The Emperor actually being a bit chatty and high-strung, and perpetually put-upon by the universe at large with minor busywork inconveniences getting the way of his plan for intergalatic domination (losing his clothes on the flight over the DS2 and having to wear clothes from the gift shop). The juxtaposition with how the character is known as made me laugh. Also I loved his first scene where you walk into his office on Courscant and his first line, catching the end of the conversation is "So I threw the senate at him. The whole senate! True story!"

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You mean sort of like how the Emperor temporarily suspended the Senate for the duration of the emergency? That sort of postponed?

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    For the record, Nick, I prefer the old icon. You'll always be real-Ackbar to me.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I have it saved on my computer. I have a hunch that it will be coming out of retirement soon. The hardest part is that I really want to use Stazi, but have have used an Ackbar icon for my entire time on these boards, so people might not recognize me. :p

--Adm. Nick

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You could photoshop Mon Calamari eyes on to him. Then you can assure people that you are in fact confirmed that Stazi is a Duros (and that he does not contradict the EU).

7. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Well, this is unfortunate. I am always up for new spoofs, especially when the team on it was responsible for the Robot Chicken specials.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Do not worry; I'm sure they're writing a spoof about this very predicament right now.:p

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You're adorable.

Manisphere likes this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They already made it, so I bet it will come out eventually.

Darth Plagueis was actually cancelled, same with Crimson Empire III, hell even with the Sequel Trilogy itself, and they all came back.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

So did Palpatine.

12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    And Imperial Commando 2. And Escape from Dagu.

13. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    Eh. I'll shamelessly admit that I had some morbid curiosity about this series. Now all I can do is shrug. A free shrug for all. Just dump it all in a cheap release and be done with it.

14. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    You know, I had been wondering about this a few days ago since it had been ages since anything had come from it so I just wondered if it had silently been cancelled. Seemed more likely with the Disney merger. Hmmm... maybe I should change my avatar as well now [face_thinking]

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    It would have contradicted the EU, so you should've loved it.

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    And what's funny is, having only registered on Sunday, he most likely isn't even aware of this joke. :p

As for Detours itself, good riddance. From the trailers, it looked like a bunch of juvenile humor based on lame stereotypes and relying heavily on cliches. Meh.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I will admit I'll miss the plot they described at C6 regarding crazy Ben's harassment of Rotta-the-Teenage-Huttlet.

Random Comments likes this.
  18. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    He registered with that name because of the joke...

CooperTFN likes this.
  19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    In five years he'll be like that guy you know with a "where's the beef?" tattoo.

Alternatively, we'll still be making Cad Bane jokes and I'll have shot myself.

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
  21. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    No, it was Cad Bane that was created for the joke. The guy with the underscore has been around since 2009...

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So why didn't the others just pick Cad Bane as a username if it was available back then? :p

23. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    They couldn't use spaces on the old board.

24. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ahhh, right.:oops:

25. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Re: the official statement...

I don't get what doesn't "make sense" about releasing a Star Wars comedy show just because a new movie is coming out in a few years. I mean, are the new Disney overlords just super-obsessive compulsives who simply can't have their cauliflower touching their mashed potatoes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.