main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's a new year... A new chance to get this branch "official"

Discussion in 'Archive: San Jose, CA' started by Koohii, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Once more, I throw down the gauntlet. [face_beatup] :eek: [face_coffee]
    I challenge any who live in the area and are interested to take up the challenge and get this club moving! [face_praying]

All you need to do is post you intention to meet, have 3 people meet, and elect at least 1 officer over the age of 21, and this club will be officially open. It isn't that hard, is it? [face_sick] [face_frustrated]

Just because I no longer have the time to try to get this club moving doesn't mean no one else can. [face_hypnotized] [face_praying]
    Screw your courage to the sticking place and have at it! :cool:

MtFbwY!
    :D

2. elements5

elements5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    Hmm, I'd really like to help us become a more active fanforce... I'm only 18, so I can't help out with the officer thing, but if anyone comes up with a meeting time, count me in!

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    This is just an idea I'm throwing out, but if any of you guys come up for WonderCon next month in SF, please visit our table and ask questions if you have any. Plus you can meet some of your fellow members up north. Possibly you guys can sign up for our club first, since we serve the ENTIRE Bay Area, not just SF. Then perhaps when there are enough of you from the South Bay, you can maybe start up again. We already have a good relationship with Lucasfilm, and we consider ourselves very fortunate among other clubs by having George and company in our own backyard!

4. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm going to try to make it to Wondercon and will certainly check out the SF table. But I'm also jazzed about getting the SJ club going. It's just way easier for me to get to SJ these days than SF.

I'm up for a SJFF meet, Koohii, et al. How about meeting at the Valley Fair Mall food court on Sunday January 29th at 2pm? That's a kind of big place still so we might want to designate a more defined spot. I, personally, vote for next to the Cinnabon place since I'm a sucker for a cinnabon.

And while I'd prefer not to admit how much over, I am over 21 if the only problem with making this club official is that you need someone older than 21 for an officer.

KD

5. elements5

elements5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    Sounds great to me! Mind if I drag a friend or two along? ;)

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    THANK YOU![:D] [face_praying]

Go for it.
    By all means.
    Get this thing up and running, with whatever strategy you prefer.

MtFbwY:cool:

BTW: I could be wrong about the age requirement: might only be 18. Check with the more knowledgeable people at SFFF

7. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Everyone should drag along anyone they can. I intend to drag along my hubby who is also a SW fan.

But for the club to go we need at least three people residing in different housholds. Hubby and I only count as one for that. So make extra sure to drag along friends who live in different households if you can. See ya'll there.

ETA: I'm going to start a new thread with the meeting info I just invented to add to what we discussed here all of which I have sent off to the RSA in hopes that we can make it an official meeting. I'm not trying to be a bossy take-over type (that just comes naturally [face_laugh]) but it would appear we need to do certain things in order to fly and I think it'd be cool if we could fly so figured I'd go ahead and make plans. So head over to the meeting thread and comment away.

KD

8. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
  9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hi, guys. I was just wondering about something. Is it really difficult to have this chapter to become "official"? I mean, the first post in this chapter was 9/7/03, and almost 2 1/2 years later, you still haven't gotten the minimum requirements? I just don't think it's that difficult to have three people get together. It just seems strange, that's all.

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Initial efforts got hijacked into SBSWFC, and some of the people had problems with meeting in the "real" world.
    Then I met someone, and... well... didn't have time to try to get the club working. [face_whistling] [face_dancing] :oops: [face_hypnotized]

So, that's why.

11. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Hi guys, I grew up in San Jose and I say go for it. This way I can come here and see what's going on in Silicon Valley. And place I can talk about the Sharks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.