main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph It's A Wonderful Life sequel in the works....

Discussion in 'Community' started by DantheJedi, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    So what would be the difference between this and all the hundreds of retellings already made?

Donald Duck one by Don Rosa (The Duck Who Never Was) is awesome.

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Don Rosa is an amazing artist. Haven't read that one though.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I loved the Married...with Children one.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Seriously... They remade Married... with Children?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The idea of a Christmas Story sequel makes me say "Oooooohhhhh....fuuuuuuuddddggggge...." Only not actually saying fudge, and totally blaming Schwartz.

The fact that they did make one? That warrants a tapestry of obscenity that as far as everyone on TF.N knows, is still hanging in space somewhere over the Outer Banks.

My parents still watch It's a Wonderful Life every Christmas Eve, a tradition they started when I was about 10 or so. I'm glad I learned the background of why it's considered a Christmas movie because I never could figure it out--because George Bailey tries to commit suicide on Christmas Eve? Well, Merry Christmas, people. Would you like some mulled wine to help with that totally depressing line of thought?

It is a good movie though. Hell, just the scene where George teases Mary while she's naked in the bushes, after telling her would-be suitor "Why don't you stop annoying people?", makes it worth watching.

I'm glad Paramount said "ixnay" on the sequel.

Sarge likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    You don't read good.:(

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    One of the more famous and popular episodes of MWC was a Christmas episode where Al plays the George Bailey role and Sam Kinison is his guardian angel. Even if you don't really care for MWC, it's worth a watch if you get the chance. MWC subversiveness at its finest.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ah, I think I remember that episode now. For some strange reason, I thought I Are The Internets was talking about they having rebooted Married with Children, and I was like: Wait a minute, it hasn't been that long since MWC went off the air.

But then again WB was talking about rebooting Buffy without Joss earlier this year, so...[face_dunno]

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Re-make/re-boot mania is in full swing in Hollywood, and I fully expect that window between original and re-boot to get shorter and shorter. Which means we're probably looking at a new Big Bang Theory sometime around 2020 :p.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hell there was talk about remaking Charmed in the style of shows like The Vampire Diaries and such by a few weeks ago.

11. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Contrary to popular belief, Hollywood does indeed run on Biblical principles. Specifically...

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - That which has been is what will be,
    That which is done is what will be done,
    And there is nothing new under the sun.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I wonder when they'll reboot Spider-Man again?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Citizen Kane could be rebooted into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. A tragic villain fights the Avengers in his personal zoo for the control of his sled!

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I saw that too, and I wasn't surprised. Vampires are all the rage and Hollywood is like "What do we have that we can dust off and re-use....?". At some point they'll be desperate enough to re-make 70s/80s vampire comedies like Love at First Bite and Once Bitten.

15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah I've about that episode. Al wants to kill himself, and his guardian angel shows him how everybody's life would be better without him, so Al decides to live, out of sheer spite.

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] yep. MWC had at least two classic Christmas episodes; this one and the one where the Mall Santa sky dives out of a plane and his chute doesn't open and he "lands" in the Bundy's back yard.

18. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I remember seeing that one when I was like eleven. It was in their first or second season, when Fox was just new and starting out, and I remember that episode had a "program may be disturbing to some viewers" disclaimer at the beginning, which wasn't done often back then, so you know it had to be good :D.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Absolutely. You put a warning on something and you guarantee that kids will automatically be more interested in it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    "How does Baileyfly eat? Well, he found out the hard and painful way that he eats very much like a Dilophosaurus eats...."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Clarence got his wings. But now he's back, and he's really pissed off.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No not Legion. Anything but that.