main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's A Wrap! Shooting Concludes on Episode 3!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Last night, eager watchers of the hyperspace webcam saw what was left of the cast and the crew on the stage with glasses of champaigne celebrating the conclusion of filming on Episode 3. Then Pablo Hidalgo, the liason between Lucasfilm and the web page took a piece of duct tape and placed it over the webcam. A message on the webcam now says "stay tuned for post production"

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Duct tape over the Webcam?
    WHAT?!

People paid good money and they don't even get to see McCallum get drunk?!

Drunk McCallum loves you!

3. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Its sad to see filming end. I really loved those set diaries.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    There's still plenty of cool places for the webcam to go to. ILM, Skywalker Ranch, March Pick-up shots, London for when John Williams scores the film.

I can't wait.

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well since principal photography has ended, I have vowed to officially go spoiler free. So I guess I'm stuck with you people.

6. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm going to hang around both boards for awhile but when the major spoiler start coming in I'll stay here.

7. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'm looking forward to going back and reading/watching all this spoiler stuff after I've seen Ep3 :D

8. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Cool Pooja. If I can convince Gobi-1 and a couple others to come over here too, that would be great. I'm not just gonna leave you all alone out here buddy with no one to talk to! :)

9. The_Xtreme_Sith1983

The_Xtreme_Sith1983 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    I hate to be the party crasher, but what if EP III turns out to be pure garbage? I am hoping that it don't, but what if it does?

What if you go to the local cineplex in your hometown, or wherever, and you are expecting a dark, tragic story of Anakin Skywalker, and all you get is a watered down version of that, meaning barely dark, and hardly tragic.

If that how it was to go down, I would be so disappointed in George, that I would literally throw away all of my star wars memorobilia, from toys, from the 70's, 80's. 90's and 00's. I would take my original Millenium Falcon, from 1977 and shoot it with a shotgun, and the movies, I would never watch again. Now I hope I never have to do that, since that would be about 12,000 dollars I would be throwing all away.

Back to the question, what would you do if this movie was an udder disaster, like the soon to be released SW cartoon on the Cartoon Network?

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    now I'm getting nervous because the Episode III spoiler crowd is coming!

Hide the women and children! ;)

Actually, I really enjoyed the Set Diaries and webcam as well, but I hated wading through the pitfalls of the Spoiler Forum to find the Hyperspace Webcam thread.

Now that principal photography is done, I too am completely spoiler-free.

I give props to my friends in this forum who have resisted learning anything about the film.

11. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm waiting on replies from Pooja nd Gobi-1. I too will probably decide to go spoiler free pre-maturely. That is, before the January 1st census date. Confused? Yeah me too. :)

12. Mech-E_Jedi

Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    The_Xtreme_Sith1983, don't do anything rash . . . rather, send me all of your stuff and I'll take care of it for you!!

;)

13. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Shooting is done already?

Man shows how much I know about what is actually going on with III. I didn't even know Lucas had the whole story done..

HAHA

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    There'll most likely never be another scene from the Star Wars universe filmed as long as we live.

:( :(

:_|

15. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    There'll most likely never be another scene from the Star Wars universe filmed as long as we live.

What about the pickup shooting in March? ;)

16. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Now that filming is done, what do they do next? Scoring, editing, CGI effects and re shoots?

17. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Music scoring won't likely start until the end of 2004 or early 2005.

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Lucas will probably shows John Williams the film sometime in July or August of 2004 then Williams will write the music until January 2005. The in late January or Febuary they will record the score in London at Abby Roads where the Beatles recorder their albums.

EDIT: Added dates.

19. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Lucas shows John Williams the film sometime in July are August then Williams will write the music until January. The in late January or Febuary they will record the score in London at Abby Roads where the Beatles recorder their albums.

Just to clarify,Williams doesn't see the film until August of NEXT YEAR. Probably the next thing to do is take the footage they have and start piecing it together in chronological order and begin basic editing.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    yup. Keep in mind as well how much of SW is post-production effects stuff.

They've got pre-production paintings and animatics to work with, plus the actors' performances, but now they have to find a way to do all the effects shots.

I couldn't even believe how many scenes were shot in front of blue/green screen.

21. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    There's a lot of blue and green screen on the set these days. A Lot of work to be done. ;)

22. jediandtonic

jediandtonic Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2003
    well its sad but its the start of the next stage, the fun stage i guess

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Can't I see it now? I can just imagine the bits they've yet to fill in :)

This is very sad/happy, though

-sj loves kevin spacey

24. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    It all seems to go by so fast when you keep track of filming on a day-to-day basis.

And like that...he's gone.

25. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Wow. This is really it. This is the last time they will ever "wrap principal photography" on a SW film.

Everything they do, they're doing it for the last time.

Crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.