main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive It's all about the credits (a bounty hunter/asassin RPG)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mandalorian_Rage, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laser_Bolt

Laser_Bolt Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    Kyle drew his blasters, he was curious of what that man was talking about. So, he chased after the man staying behind the other people chasing him, so Kyle would not be shot from behind.

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Name:Lunden Jak
    species: Human
    personal features: a blaster scar down the middle of his face.
    job: Bounty Hunter
    talent: Quick reflexes, so good once was ambushed on Tatooine by ten Tuskens and only had a leg injury after he disposed of them.
    weakness: Women. Plain and simple, he's a sucker for a pretty face.
    ship: Queen Mantis a YT-2000 Corellian transport.
    other vehicle: a landspeeder he keeps on Tatooine
    weapons: Gauntlet whipcord, WESTAR-34 Twin Dual Dallorian Alloy Blasters, Sniper Rifle, thermal grenades.
    equipment: ID scanner glasses, a right wrist gauntlet, and a jetpack. The jetpack does not have the capabilities to launch missiles.
    bio: Born on Coruscant, his parents were killed when he was three and he became an orphan in the lowlevels of Coruscant. He grew up in a gang and learned to be ruthless, cunning, and quick. As he grew up, his handsome features served him well for he gained the attention of a Hapan heiress who wanted him for her male lover. Having never seen such beauty before he agreed and she took him to the upper levels of Coruscant where she lived. Only being 15 at the time, he found that most of the upper crest of Coruscant didn't trust him for his own nature of mistrust. Eventually he discovered that his companion had three more male lovers and grew insanely jealous. He grabbed an antique blade from the weapons case and killed all three men and his lover in their bed. He stole a datapad with all her credits downloaded to it and started a fire that burned down the suite. The bodies were turned to ash and since the third lover had been a secret to even her most trusted guards, most asumed Lunden was killed in the fire as well. What they couldn't figure out was why all her credits were missing. With the credits he bought his ship and most of his gear. He went on a personal crusade against crime in the galaxy, but has since come to the conclusion that evil and crime will always exist and has turned exclusively to bounty hunting for personal gain. A Hutt crime lord has put a bounty of 4,680 on his head dead and 10,000 alive. He shot himself in the face with a blaster as to disfigure him after this bounty was placed on his head. It has worked so far as he now goes by an alias: Lunden Jak and not his real name of Byron Wexel.

3. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Cheriss followed the man who had mentioned a bigger bounty and wondered momentarily why. But, she then remembered what good the credits would do her and continued following the man.

4. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Everything seemed to have happened at once. Overhearing the 'employer', and realizing no matter what he would get cheated, Sheen made up his mind quick. He was out of this hunt.

Seeing there were too many assasins and bounty hunters after the award, Sheen found it best to find his own prey... someone no one else was after, where he could souly concetrate on the job with no competition.

Walking away from the crowd of bounty hunters running after their would-be employer, Sheen started down the long and crowded road full of thieves and junkies. He strode purposly through the busy streets, giving off an imposing aura of power to anyone who dared to attack him.

Weaving through the crown and heading down various streets, he stopped abruptly infront of a rundown bar where a few bums hovered around... but he concetrated on souly one thing, a poster with one of it's edges hanging loosely off.

On it read:
    WANTED.

Artemis Visputin

2,000,000 credits alive.
    500,000 dead

Below it was not a picture of the man, but simply a calling card. One of a blacklight cartoon cat stealing a painting on a wall.

Vigurosly, Sheen ripped down the poster from the wall, and once again started down the busy road... only this time with a large smirk accros his face.

OOC: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, watch out [face_devil] ;)

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Lunden was sitting in the darkest corner of the bar, shadows hiding his face. He watched as the men began to leave, and silently laughed. A bounty wasn't supposed to be proposed to a pack of hungry dogs like this. These were chump bounties. Not worth his time. He continued to sip the caf he had in his hand.

6. Revolver86

Revolver86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2002
    Reego was both extremely disappointed and excited. He knew he had way too much competition, but he also knew this was his only chance to work up some more credits.

Who cares about competition?!?! I need the cash bad and I shouldn't throw an opportunity down the drain. the young Rodian thought to himself.

This is my final chance to prove to people that I can become a major force in galactic crime without a partner. I just have to brush up on my combat and I'll be fine... I think?

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Okay JMD you are going to have to post again and tell me how you are going to find Visputin (aka Thane) since very little is known about his true identity. I'm asking this so I can maybe play an informant or another theif etc.

8. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    OOC: Ok, well, as you've stated, the Jedi know who you are or more precisely they know alot more then anybody else. Enough for me to get a decent lead to you.

Now, I have an informant who I pay of regularly to get me information on various people. This employee of mine has a connection within the Jedi Order who can - for the right price - get him the information of all that the Jedi know on your character.

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Name:Trella Korel Bain (TK)
    species: Human - Coruscant
    personal features:tan skin, purple hair, green eyes, blue tattoo of lupinehead on shoulder (right), scar accross back.
    job: Thief/Bounty Hunter
    talent: Physical Dexterity, acrobatic, Locks, Stealth, entrapment devices, escape artist, posions
    weakness: Loves a challenge. Helping kids
    ship: "Wolfbain" Preybird Starfighter
    other vehicle: Land Speeder & Speeder bike with personal shield generator
    weapons: (max 5) needle pistol-shoots from hiden position on wrist, net gun, accension gun, small blaster, sniper rifle, that can be broken down small and hidden quickly.
    equipment: various thieving toolkits, small knife, vision goggles/scope, aquata breather, glowrod, 2 powerpacks, 2 airtanks
    bio: Only child of fairly wealthy parents, she had shown an interest into extreams sports..having been know to scale some of the taller buildings in the area, with no equipment. She found herself alone when her parents were murdered when she was 14. After 3 years of being frustrated with police efforts, she changed her looks. She was able to track down her parents killers and turned them in to authorities. She has been on the streets ever since. She is fond of the other "street kids" that she has run into and grown up with, so she will stop what she is doing to help them from time to time. This has helped give her a network of neverending info, from kids all over the sectors. She sees herself as a "tagger"...someone who finds a bounty, then turns the info in, but she has been known to take the bounty in herself. She also works with a few select Private Investigators that she has learned to trust.

The local police know of her by her handle that she leaves on the holonet when she leaves them a present...Packer

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
  11. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    OCC: uhm .. I´ve been away so .. GM please write me into the story .

12. Mandalorian_Rage

Mandalorian_Rage Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    some guy gave all the player's a job that is 7000 credits, but he accidently said too loudly that that was nothing compared to the money he would get after completing his job. so, everyone is chasing him in a cantina, and he is heading to a turbolift on the far wall. he has two bodyguards and his gang is heading up to help him.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Lunden overheard the comment and decided this would be something to check out. Being Coruscant, the buildings were connected at the fourth floor, and he left some credits and walked across the street to the other building. He silently walked up the stairs to the fourth floor and made his way across the catwalk, since he looked like any other member of the entertainment district nightlife, he was left alone. He made it back to the other building and called for the turbolift himself. He put away his weapons and waited.

14. Miss_Jaina

Nov 30, 2001
    Cheriss managed to slip around people, tables, and other assorted obstcles to get in front of the would-be employers. She fired a few shots into the control pannel of the turbolift. She'd have to pay for that, but it didn't matter, she had a good feeling she had just messed up their escape route.

15. Mandalorian_Rage

Mandalorian_Rage Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    THe man and his bodyguards turned around and fired shots at the bounty hunters /assasins

16. Laser_Bolt

Laser_Bolt Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    Kyle dove out of the way of the lasers and nailed one of the man's bodyguards with a Laser_Bolt (me!) in the head.

--Laser_Bolt
    --Laser_Bolt

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Lunden thought he heard blaster fire in the distance and began to wonder if this man had just been killed. The turbolift's lights went off and he figured it out. "Blast it. Someone blasted the controls!" He took out a thermal grenade and set it to go off in ten seconds. He then ran out the door and blasted into the air. The grenade went off and the turbolift door was blasted open. As Lunden landed he noticed several people running at him wondering if he was okay. All he did was run back into the room and jump down the shaft. He used his jet-pack to slow his descent and landed ontop of the turbolift cab. He broke through the grating and jumped down inside the cab. He went through the internal power-up and finally got the door working again. He opened the door and walked back into the cantina.

18. Miss_Jaina

Nov 30, 2001
    Cheriss ducked behind a tabel and fires shots at the man and his bodygaurds. It lookes like she got one or two of the gurds in the shoulder, but there were so many people it was hard to tell...

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    TK was heading for a cantina that is known as one of the major hangouts for bounty hunters and others looking to earn a quick credits.

She had been reading up on the local news events. There was a big buzz about this "Artemis Visputin" chracter, who had broken into the Jedi temple. She whistled softly. You HAD to be good to get into the place. And perhaps a tad force perceptive too. Whoever the person was, had a huge bounty on their head. But th e bounty for the artwork wasnt nothing to sneeze at either. She liked the theif's tag though..the cartoon cat. Perhaps she would check with a few of her inside informants. She wouldnt mind learning a few of his tricks. :)

TK gets to the place she is heading when she hears a lot of comotion going on inside the place. Not that this is unusual. Slowly opening the doors, she she sees some guy with what looks like body guards perhaps, are quickly heading for a turbolift on the other side of the place. He is being followed by a gang of other folks.

TK grins. "Wonder what that joker did?", she muses to herself and steps over to the bar. She is about the ask one of the servers a question, when an distint sound of blaster fire is heard.

Snapping her head back at the circus of people, she sees that someone has shot the turbolift panel, and that the idiot bodyguards were now firing shots at the mass of people following him.

She started eyeing the bar owner. He wasnt too happy with folks shooting up his establishment. Things could get ugly quickly.

Then as TK looked back at folks diving for cover and such, an explosion was heard nearby.

She moves to the side of the bar, too see what happens next.
    TK

20. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    As Sheen walked into the large bar, he was immediatley assaulted with various sounds and smells. Strange and exotic music played in the distance, dozens of loud voices talked at once and his nostrils were filled with smells of tobbaco, alcohol and sweat.

Sheen found his way thorugh the dangerous crowd, finally taking a seat across an ominous character at the back of the bar.

"Do you have it?" Sheen asked simply

"You doubt my resources?" the stranger said mockingly.

"I don't pay you to mock me. Do you have it or not?" Sheen said again, this time a sign on annoyance on his face.

"Of course I do. The Jedi were as helpfull as ever... you'd be suprised how many can be bought off." he said with a slight smirk, sliding across the table a large envelope.

Sheen peered it open and looked inside... and smiled. He payed off his informant, and made his way out of the bar, the envelope tucked tightly under his coat.

21. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    A blast was heard from the cantina roof and a hole was med in it, thruw it Deci jumped down and blasted down the bodyguards and kicking the man to the ground, unfortunally he landed on a bottle and fell to the ground himselfe, this making the man get up on his feet and run into the back of the cantina.
    Deci stood up and walked over to Cheriss.

"I dont know who you are, but you owe me one".

OCC: Sorry for the GM´ing,. but I didnt know how else to get in game. If this post is to bad I´l change it.

22. Miss_Jaina

Nov 30, 2001
    Cheriss looked at Deci as she stood up, shot at a bodygaurd and then ducked back behind the table. She looked back at Deci.

"Oh, really now?"

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    TK stood near one of the servers, watching as the shoot out played on. She leaned over and asked, "What started this?"

The girl looked over her way, chuckling. "Some twit came in, trying to hand out a job, offering 7000 credits. The problem is, he maind the statement that, that was nothing compared to the money he would get after completing his job. So, everyone started chasing him. And then..."
    she just waved her hand in the direction of the shooting.

Oooookay! TK gave the girl a credit.
    "Thanks. Think I'll come back later when it isnt quite so noisy." Tk carefully exited the cantina.

She pulled out her datapad, and called up the info on the Visputin art theft. She headed down to another section of the city. She decided that she would pay a visit to an old friend.

She got to the building. It was in the business center of town, but it has seen some rought times lately. A sign on the door, Travis Larkin-Investigator,
    hung, peeking out thru the dirty window. Course, she never went in thru the door.

She had run into this guy years ago. They helped each other out now and again. She knew he had connections on both sides of the law. She entered the building thu the upper windows, and wound her way into his office. She grinned. He was at his desk, fussing with a client. She walked over and sat down in the chair in front of him. His eyebrows went up, but he just waved her in the chair, and she waited till he closed the connection.

"Well...well. Look what crawled into my office. Dont you EVERY use the door like normal folks?" He growled.

"Like YOU would know what normal folks do?" She answered back, grinning, "besides, I never claimed to be normal."

He leaned back into his chair and chuckled. "Thats true! Long time no see, what can I do for you?"

TK hopped off the chair and sat on the corner of his desk. "Well, Im looking into info about the robberies done by that Visputin chracter.." She stopped when she saw the look on his face.. "Oh no, I'm not looking to catch him, I'm interested in just finding out what pieces of art he has stolen."

"Ahh, you looking to collect the finders fees?" he asked, leaning forward on the table.

TK smiled, as she leans closer. "Well, if I do, you get your usual percentage, of course."

Larkins just grins. "Of course I will. Let me see what I can run for you. Come back in a couple of hours, and I'll have some information for you."

TK jumps off the desk. "Deal. See ya later!"
    She heads out of his office, and goes to find where she can buy a blacklight.

24. Cryil-Vald

Cryil-Vald Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    Name: Drake Matthews
    species: Human
    personal features: Millitary cut brown hair, big build
    job: (assasin, bounty hunter, gang leader, ect) Bounty Hunter Merc
    talent: Tracking, investigation, spying, good with weapons
    weakness: Innocent people, isnt willing to do harm to people not invovled with his prey
    ship: Heavily Modified YT-1300 "Dragoon"
    other vehicle: grabs whatever he needs on location
    weapons: Heavy blaster pistols Dual gauntlets(flamethrower, micro missle launcher,whipcord )
    equipment: Rebuilt mandalorian combat armour(minus the helmat and jetpack)
    bio: Drake had a rather happy life growing up(unlike so many other people so far =p) his father was part of courscant security, and when drake was of age, he did the same, during a botched drug raid, drake shot a single mother, orphaning her three young children, Drake turned in his badge not long after, he became a bounty hunter, using his skills to track down bounties. He stumbled apount a huge battle that involved many mandalorian's(open seasons #2) and grabbed an armour suit, he was ab le to repair all but the jetpack and helmat, and instead made a pair of red goggles that could do mulitple things(tag certain people, work as macrobinoculars, see in the dark etc) Drake is known to go into fits of rage, and can rip apart small cantina's, while he is built like a loader droid, he can be nimble and quick, and very deadly with his blasters

IC: Drakes large had was wrapped around a mans throat, holding him agianst the wall

"I told you man..i dont know anything about visputin" the man croak out before a wet snap could be heard, drake dropped the limp body to the ground and started off down the dimly lit street, so far, he hadnt found out much about this art theif

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Lunden was nearly grazed by blaster fire and dove back into the turbolift. He thought this might happen. He fired off his jetpack and came back ontop of the cab. He fired off another burst and landed on the second floor. There are guards everywhere by now. He tells them that a fight has broke out in the cantina below and that because he had a jetpack he was able to escape. The guards are suspicious of him because eye witnesses said a man with a jet-pack had blown open the turbolift in the first place. "He's dead. I took his jet-pack to escape." Was what Lunden told them. And, because of his appearance, the guards believed him. He hurried out across the catwalk and back down the other buildings stairs. He ran back across the alley, and that is where he waited, waited for the man and his henchmen to come outside and play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.