main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive It's all about the credits (a bounty hunter/asassin RPG)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mandalorian_Rage, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    "I also know the Jedi are hypocrits. How can I trust you to not turn me in after the Blood Pack is dealt with?"

TAG

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Trella listened some more....

"Yes, I am Bender. Trella and I have encountered the Blood Pack, and we saved each other's lives. I am glad to hear she is doing better."

"I know what you have done lately, Thane. I admit I was assigned to bring you in so you could be punished for your crimes...However, I have learned that you are in danger,... And I do believe that you being hunted by the Blood Pack is more punishment than what you deserve. I want you to trust me on this. I do not want to see you or anyone else be brutally murdered. You know the Jedi."

Thane responded, "I also know the Jedi are hypocrits. How can I trust you to not turn me in after the Blood Pack is dealt with?"

Trella mind screamed with conflicting thoughts. Blood Pack ...yes, this was all their fault. This bickering was not... good....Others comming soon........not good...

"STOP!"

Trella pushed herself up and off the bed...which was not one of her most graceful moves....

**THWUMP**

..as she landed on the floor. She groaned as her stomach demanded her attention again. She willed herself to NOT throwup..and she hoped the rest of her body was listening. She shuddered for a few seconds, as she tried to get her thoughts together.

"We....dont have TIME..for this..." She looked up towards the blur she was sure was Thane.

"If.....SHE got in so easily.." she pointed towards the second blur..".so ....so will they...."

She swallowed. "It should...be getting dark now."

Trella looked at the second blur that was Bender, "Your word...give your word now.....or leave...too dangerious.."

She moaned as she shivered. She had some serious thoughts about slicing Theff with whatever that was she ran into....It might not kill you..but it sure made you wish it.

But the pain was not as bad as before. It seemed to be getting better. She would just be happy to be able to see straight, and not have a case of vertigo, every time she turned her head.

She closed her eyes and waited.

TAG

[face_devil] :D ;)

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "STOP!" Thane heard a thump shortly after Trella yelled out. He whirled around to find Trella on stumbling on the ground as she tried to get out of the bed. Immediately he went to her side and helped her back up and to sit on the edge of the bed.

He listened to her. "It doesn't matter whether she was able to get in or not. The Blood Pack could already be inside as some of my employees." He told her as he tried to steady her waving forum.

"Trella, listen to me." He tried to get her attention. "This is not about the item I stole from their leader. This is about my company and money. He wants my company and he will end up getting it because of a contract I had made with him years ago should something happen to me. What we need to do is expose him. Put him in a position that threatens to unravel his plans. He will have two choices: to call off the Blood Pack or end up getting arrested and having his own company taken away or go down fighting. If he has any smarts, he'll take option one."

TAG

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Trella listed to Thane.

"It doesn't matter whether she was able to get in or not. The Blood Pack could already be inside as some of my employees." He told her as he tried to steady her waving forum. Her eyes grew wide...<Just Great!> she thought.

"Trella, listen to me." She slowly nodded at him.

"This is not about the item I stole from their leader. This is about my company and money. He wants my company and he will end up getting it because of a contract I had made with him years ago should something happen to me. What we need to do is expose him. Put him in a position that threatens to unravel his plans. He will have two choices: to call off the Blood Pack or end up getting arrested and having his own company taken away or go down fighting. If he has any smarts, he'll take option one."

Trella thought for a few seconds, as she kept her eyes closed. "Well..is there anyway you can nullify the contract?"...she made a face. "That...or exposing him to....the Pack itself..and let THEM deal with him...?"

TAG

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "Well..is there anyway you can nullify the contract?"...she made a face. "That...or exposing him to....the Pack itself..and let THEM deal with him...?"

"There is one way to nullify the contract." He said slowly and looked at Trella. "I need an heir or heiress. Someone who can take over the company in the event of my death. He won't be able to touch it so long as I have a will and name someone to inherit everything. Should something happen to the inheritor, he still won't be able to get the company."

TAG

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Thane replied to her question.

"There is one way to nullify the contract." He said slowly and looked at Trella. "I need an heir or heiress. Someone who can take over the company in the event of my death. He won't be able to touch it so long as I have a will and name someone to inherit everything. Should something happen to the inheritor, he still won't be able to get the company."

Trella's eyes opened at that comment. She remembered what he had said to her, when they were together at the airbus stop.

She lowered her voice softly, as she spoke to him. Her stomach was going wild again, but this time for diffrent reason.

"Wait...there is a problem...We're forgetting something." She reached out and gently touched his arm.

"There is a contract that you signed years ago..that gives them everything in case of your death..a...a heiress would take care of that problem." She smiled gently at him.

She looked over at Bender. "But, that still leaves the Blood Pack's contract on you, Thane, intact....."

She looked back over at Artemis. She pulled the blanket around her tighter, shacking slightly.

"The only way, that I can see...for you to be able to fufill BOTH contracts....would be..to nufilly the contract....AND play dead...for the time period...in order for them to finally leave you....leave us alone."

She gave a small grin.

TAG

7. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Things were going too fast for Tahsh to respond. Finally there was a silence that allowed her to speak up again.

"I am willing to help you with your problem with the Blood Pack, Thane. And I give you my word that I will not turn you in for the crimes you have committed to this point. All I ask of you is that you return the item you stole from the Jedi." Bender told Thane.
    "Trella does have a point. It would probably be a good idea to 'play dead' for a while. But I wonder if that would do any good. From what I learned about the Blood Pack, they are thorough."

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Bender spoke to Thane.
    "I am willing to help you with your problem with the Blood Pack, Thane. And I give you my word that I will not turn you in for the crimes you have committed to this point. All I ask of you is that you return the item you stole from the Jedi."

..."Trella does have a point. It would probably be a good idea to 'play dead' for a while. But I wonder if that would do any good. From what I learned about the Blood Pack, they are thorough."

Trella turned and looked at Bender.

"Thats true...they are through..but he only has to fool them for a limited time. After that...they will null out the pack..and he will be safe....but, it will have to be convincing."

Trella sat quietly, thinking. She knew it would not be easy. And there was still that other assassin...she wondered if he had escaped the pack.

tag

9. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    "He's dead" said one of the Blood Pack members... his gas mask removed, exposing his scarred human face to the few people around him. His blaster hung loosly from his side.

"How can you be sure?" asked one of the others, his blaster still held tightly across his chest.

"I shot him straight through the heart." He replied with a slight smirk spreading across his face. "Plus, we have no signal reading on the tranismitter and if that ain't enough for you, this place is riddled with rapas." The devious man said, refering to the large feline creatures that inhabit this part of the sector. "The gangsters keep them around for when they need to send their 'less fortunate' to be ermm... entertained."

The second man, however still not satisfied, nodded to his captain's words... he was in no place to object. He and the remaining man each grabbed Theff under the arm and dragged him out the front. As quick as they had come, they were gone.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Down below - way, way below - a lone man wrestled across the oppressive and grubby ground, every so often screaming in a jolt of pain, either inflected by another deep stratch by the imposing creature, or the deep wound on his back. They had been wrestling, over the last minute or so... as soon as it looked like the creature was going to execute one last strike to finish Sheen off, the man found another reserve of strength to at least keep the creature at bay for the longest seconds of his life.

Then, when it had begun to seem that he had no more fight left in him, a glimer of hope had emerged in the corner of his eye. While furiously fighting the rapa, he managed to throw a glance at his wrist watch: 10 seconds it read. The speeder. And it was heading straight for them.

This might be his only chance, Sheen had realised, but he needed to elevate the creature otherwise the repulstors would only send the creature crushing down into him.

8 seconds.

Relentlessly, they wrestled as the hum of the speeders' engines grew louder and louder by the second, the 'cat' paying no attention to it, only caring to send it's long and sharp fangs into Sheen's neck.

2 seconds.

The speeding speader was only meters away, and Sheen could begin to feel the ground beneath him vibrate. With the rapa pinning him down in the ground, the wound on his back supplying a constant ecstacy of pain, Sheen amazingly focused his energy and in one last thrust, he pushed the creature high into the air.

Impact.

The merciless speader smacked right into the side of the large beast, sending a shiver down Sheen's spine as the cracking of bones echoed above him. The rapa went flying, landing far beside him... motionless. Ironically, Sheen felt sorry for the creature, but as he painfully got up and boarded the speeder that had just saved his life, he saw the feline get up, and hop away, one leg tucked safely under it's firm belly.

Sheen sat, for the longest of moments, in the safety of his speeder, the melodic humming of its engines sending much desired comfort through him... the pain the only think keeping him awake.

TK must be contacted, Sheen said to himself... almost sliping to unconsciousness. But first, these wounds must be treated. He programmed his navigation computer to take him to the only place that he could truly trust.

Sheen then, fell into the vastness of unconsciousness.

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "Yes...even if I prevent their leader from taking my company, the Pack would still come after me." Thane rubbed his chin thoughtfully. An idea came to him, something to do with the holocron he had stolen.

"I think I have a way to make them believe I am dead." He said and glanced at the Jedi. "But I will need the help of the Jedi Order and that assassin you two encountered." He glances at Trella and smiled. "Remember me telling you about returning the holocron? I'll return it and the assassin will kill me. The Jedi then will confirm my death."

TAG

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Artemis spoke, "Yes...even if I prevent their leader from taking my company, the Pack would still come after me." Thane rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

Trella was sitting on the table, trying to keep up with the conversation. Vision had finally returned...and the rest of her was starting to feel much better. She was still cold though. She just listened, as she wrapped up under the blanket.

Artemis continued, "I think I have a way to make them believe I am dead." He said and glanced at the Jedi. "But I will need the help of the Jedi Order and that assassin you two encountered."

Trella thought about that. If he survived.. most likely, he would come looking for them. Hmmmm...

He glances at Trella and smiled.

"Remember me telling you about returning the holocron? I'll return it and the assassin will kill me. The Jedi then will confirm my death."

Trella...looks at Thane for a few minutes, as she processess that bit of information. And then a smile crept on her face.

"Ahhhhhhhha....nice. So..we nullify both contracts."

She gets a big grin on her face.

TAG

12. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Tahsh didn't really like the idea of going after that assassin they had spoken to not long ago. But, if that is what needed to be done...

"How is this plan of yours going to play out?" She asked.

Tahsh was willing to help him, but she wanted to know how. She did not want to get tricked into doing something that would get her in a tight spot, and Thane off scott-free.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "Very simple. I had already planned on listening to your fellow Jedi and return the holocron. Trella and I will break into the Jedi Temple again at night and put the holocron back in the Jedi Library. You or some other Jedi will be waiting near the Library to stop us from escaping. Trella and I race back to where we entered with the Jedi behind us. The assassin will be waiting on the roof and when I reach the top he will fire the fatal shot." Thane outlined the plan to her and paused briefly. "I'll have to fall to my death. The Jedi and Trella will be witnesses to my death. The Jedi will also publicly confirm the death of Artemis Visputin the Cat and claim that an assassin from the Blood Pack is responsible."

TAG

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    "How is this plan of yours going to play out?" Tahsh asked. Trella could hear the suspescion in her voice.

Trella listened, as Thane laid out his plan.
    "Very simple. I had already planned on listening to your fellow Jedi and return the holocron. Trella and I will break into the Jedi Temple again at night and put the holocron back in the Jedi Library. You or some other Jedi will be waiting near the Library to stop us from escaping. Trella and I race back to where we entered with the Jedi behind us. The assassin will be waiting on the roof and when I reach the top he will fire the fatal shot." Thane outlined the plan to her and paused briefly.

"I'll have to fall to my death. The Jedi and Trella will be witnesses to my death. The Jedi will also publicly confirm the death of Artemis Visputin the Cat and claim that an assassin from the Blood Pack is responsible."

Trella shuddered alittle with that thought. Even thought it was to be an act..just hearing it was....disconcerting. Especially if something went wrong. But she knew they didnt have much of a choice, if they wanted to get rid of the pack for good. She just hopped that the pack didnt show up at the same time.

She looked over at Artemis.

"And the other contract?" she asked quietly.

This little caper was going to take some very good timing. If they survived, it would definatelly be one for the holo-vids...cause it was definatelly going to be one HECK of an performance.

TAG

15. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    The next time Sheen woke up, a pair of dark, deep blue eyes looked into his own. Sheen, for a short second, felt startled... he didn't know where he was and what the heck was going on. His pupils dilated, and only then did he realise who stood infront of him. Drak. His mentor, the Falleen informant who had helped him out countless of times before.

The memories flowed back to him... just like a water tap opening. He remember his meeting with TK and the Jedi, the intrusion by the Blood Pack, the horific struggle with the black creature, his narrow escape.

"How did I get here?" Sheen immediately asked, scanning the windowless room as he tried to pull hiself out of bed, only to be thrown back down by the exesperating pain that shot through his back.

"You must rest, Sheen" Drak spoke back, leveling his long, slim arms on Sheen's shoulders and lowering him back into the cold bed. "You set the autopilot on your speeder to here. We found you unconsciouss and had to patch you up... you don't realise how close you came to death." The tall being paused for a moment, before a small smile broke his strong expressing. "I guess your meeting with Theff didn't go too well?"

Sheen couldn't help but smile. "That would be an understatement. Do you have anything for this pain?"

Drak passed him two small capsules, accompained by a glass of blue milk from the table beside him. Sheen willingly took them, and drank the last of the the milk.

"I need to get out of here," Sheen said, this time successfully sliding out of bed, but swallowing the still undeniable pain. "I must contact Trella... she's the only one now that can help me take down the blood pack. Now that they think I'm dead, suprise will be our ally."

Drak simply nodded... he didn't object to his plan of action, nor did he condemn it. "My informatives have told me she's at Thane Enteprises... last place seen; the infimatary."

Sheen stopped adjusting his blaster and gave Drak a puzzled look. How did he know...? His thoughts were abrubtly broken by Drak. "Sheen, my boy. I've looked after you since you were knee high. You think I don't know what you plan to do before you yourself do?" He paused, a stern look on his face. "I'm insulted!" Drak immediately shot a smile to Sheen.

"What floor?"

Drak handed Sheen a small datapad. "All you need is in here... happy hunting."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The elegant speeder pulled up beside the strong and thick foundation of Thane Enterprises. He looked up at the countless number of flights, and gazed upon them in marvel. Sheen had a feeling this would a very long day.

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "The other contract can be dealt with here and my lawyer." He replied.

Short I know...but I dont have much time today

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    "The other contract can be dealt with here and my lawyer." replied.

Trella nodded silently. With the blanket still wrapped around her, she carefully got up. Finding her clothes, and dissapeared into the 'freshner. She got dressed, and came out, the blanket still wrapped around her.

She sat back down on the bed.

"So, lets' get started." She gave a grin.

tag

18. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    "A sound plan. I trust there will be someone to catch you before you...land." Tahsh told Thane, looking at Trella.

She remembered the agility of the woman as she snatched Tahsh out of thin air.

This would be some plan. She knew just the Jedi to help with it.

"I will take care of the Jedi portion of it. I know someone who would love to help me, and if she somehow discovered that we planned the whole thing, I know she would tell nobody of it."

OOC: but I don't remember her name right now! ARG!

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tashsh spoke, "A sound plan. I trust there will be someone to catch you before you...land." Tahsh told Thane, looking at Trella.

Trella smiled, and shook her head. "He shall have to catch himself....if the act is to work...Im...going to be busy...." Trella sighed softly.

Tahsh continued, "I will take care of the Jedi portion of it. I know someone who would love to help me, and if she somehow discovered that we planned the whole thing, I know she would tell nobody of it."

Trella smiled. "Thats great...now..we just have to wait for Sheen to contact us....and knowing my luck...it probably wont take long...hopefully, he will want to play."

TAG: Anyone

20. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Tahsh looks at her wrist chrono.

"I should get back." she looked at Trella again. "You still have my frequency? Contact me with the final details." she looks at Thane. "I know you are wondering how far you can trust me. I know that by helping you, I am not exactly going along with my assignment in regards to you. And I'm sure you have thought of that. But, before I go I want you to think of one thing. Why do you think they call me 'Bender'?"

Tahsh smiled at Thane and gave him a wink. She then turned to leave the room. She was sure that Kahdi would be more than willing to help in this plan.

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Thane was surprised that he actually liked this particular Jedi. Perhaps they aren't all stiff-lipped hypocritical peacekeepers after all? He watched as the Jedi known as "Bender" left the infirmary before turning to Trella.

"I better make preperations with my lawyer to get that other contract nulled. Care to join me?" He asked her.

TAG

22. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Tahsh dropped her visitor pass off with the guard at the desk.

"Thank you for allowing me to visit my friend." she said on the way out.

Tahsh got in her speeder and was soon back at the Jedi Temple. Kahdi met her as she got out of the speeder.

"How is your investigation going, Tahsh?" she asked.

"I found some interesting information. I need to go over it before I share it, though. I do think, though, that this whole thing with Artemis Thane is coming to a close. I feel I am getting so close to him." Tahsh answered.

Of course, she didn't tell Kahdi the way she was getting close to him. If she found out Tahsh was helping Thane, she would have a severe reprimand at best.

Tahsh walked with Kahdi to get some dinner, advoiding the topic of Thane for the time being.

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Infirmary

Thane watched as the Jedi known as "Bender" left the infirmary before turning to Trella.

"I better make preperations with my lawyer to get that other contract nulled. Care to join me?" He asked her.

Trella smilled, and nodded.

"I would love to....I think I have seen enough of this room." She grinned.

She unwrapped the blanket and stood up.
    "Let's go."

TAG: Mitth

24. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    "Can I help you, sir?" a woman, human undoubtably, asked from behind the polished, mahogony desk... disintrest ballowing in her voice.

Sheen simply flashed a laminated card hanging loosly from his neck... 'VIP: Visitor's Pass' was boldly written across the top. Drak had him prepared for anything.

"Welcome to Thane Enteprises." the woman answered as soon as she saw Sheen flash the card, however still not paying full attention. She continued... talking like a droid programmed to say the same thing over and over again. Sheen politely nodded, took the few pamflets she offered, and made his way toward the turbolift... throwing the pamflets in the bin on his way there.

The heavy and metallic doors slid open and Sheen boarded the turbolift, and pressed the number allocated to the Infirmitary. In a matter of seconds, the lift slid to a smooth holt and the doors once again slid open.

Sheen made his way through the maze of corridors, using the map on his datapad to guide him. His heart began to race and he turned a corner, flashed his badge at the 2 security guards standing guard at the door, and once again came face to face with the true identity of the art thief... Thane. The same man he had hunted for so long, but now the only man that could help him and his cause. And behind him, wrapped in a blanket, stood the infamous Trella.

He overheard the last bit of their conversation.

"Can I come?" Sheen added, a cocky smile on his face. He kept his blaster close... real close, hidden under his long overcoat. Even though Thane and TK might he his only allies... he still couldn't trust them. They are thieves after all.

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Thane Enterprises - Infirmary

"Can I come?" Sheen added, a cocky smile on his face, as he stepped tru the door.

Terlla's head snapped up, as she heard the voice. <Frell...I HATE it when Im right...> she thought to herself. She just didnt think it would be THAT quick.

Getting caught two times in one day...it was getting annoying.

She watched as the assassin held his overcoat closed, his hand, close.

She kept her face neutral...
    This could get ...tense.

tag: Anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.