main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive It's all about the credits (a bounty hunter/asassin RPG)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mandalorian_Rage, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laser_Bolt

Laser_Bolt Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    "Will you kill me afterward?" sked the gang member.

"How many credits you got?"

"None."

Then don't count on it, unless you give me one good reason how you can be useful to me."

"I won't tell you anything. You wont kill me as long as I still hold that secret."

Kyle put his finger on the trigger. "There are two more gang members over there."

"They don't know the secret."

"I highly doubt that. Now, how can you be useful to me?"

"I...I can get Police off you if needbe.

"Ok, that'll do."

the man hesitated, and then told Kyle what he knew.

M_R, what did he say?

2. Mandalorian_Rage

Mandalorian_Rage Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    "There is a job, by an annonimys (sp?) employer, who says, if you have it, meet in the "Apocolypse Cantina" He will be there every day at 2300-2400. The job is" The man hesitated, and took a breath. "to get a Sith Holocron from the Jedi Archives. The bounty is 2,500,000 credits."

3. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Deci walked silently up the ladder and nodded to Cheriss to follow him.

He pulled out his blaster and slowly walked to the little control-house after that Cheriss had climded up.

4. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Tian realized this man hadn't heard her and hid silently again.

"Sith Hologram. . . Not easily stolen, I think I might just follow this guy"

Tian

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Well its definatley NOT going to be easy to steal after my character just stole a Jedi Holocron.

JMD and Ktala, when you two gonna make a move? Theres not much I can do until you do something.

6. EmperorFett

EmperorFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    OOC: was Tian talking to me? and who didnt hear her? Sorry Im easily confused

7. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    I was talking to Laser_Bolt, but its ok. :D

Tian

8. EmperorFett

Jul 14, 2002
    OOC: nobody talks to me! :_|

8-}

9. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    IC:

*looks around her, wondering if anyone else heard and her eyes fell on a black haired male, about 18-19 years old, looking towards her.*

"What are you looking at?" she hissed towards the man, her voice carrying over the distance becomming only a slight hissing whisper.

tag EmperorFett

Tian

10. EmperorFett

Jul 14, 2002
    *Andrew leaned against a wall and shrugged his shoulders*

I need a partner. You dont look like much, just a twelve-year-old. But I think youre a clawdite. Am I right?

TAG Amidala_Wannabe

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Thane Enterprise's Headquarters - Coruscant City, Coruscant

Artemis Thane stood in the security vault of his private office. It was a large room with saftey deposit boxes lining the walls. Some were large enough to hold a large quantity of items or a single large item, others were small for a few items such as a wad of cash, a small case of diamonds and other such things. But in this case, one deposit box held a green cube that slightly glowed.

Thane held this cube in his hand, his latest prize and the most valuable of all the prizes he had acquired over the years. "Do you know how much you are worth to me?" He rhetorically asked the Jedi Holocron and was surprised to see it flicker a holographic image into view.

"I am Jedi Master Ni-Tao Saun and the knowledge possessed in this holocron is only worth to those who seek to learn the ways of the Jedi." The hologram spoke to him and Thane was now intrigied by the device.

"This thing heard me?" He asked aloud.

"I hear you." Saun replied staring up at Thane's face. "You are not a Jedi, but you are strong with the Force. Do you seek to follow the path of a Jedi or do you seek only power?"

"I seek neither." Thane replied, feeling ridiculous talking to a hologram. But the hologram just claimed to be sentinent. "I only seek a challenge."

"The life of a Jedi can be challengeing." Saun stated. "But only the devoted and true hearted will succeed in becoming a Jedi Knight. But even once a Jedi Padawan has become a Knight, his journey is still a challenge for he has to continue on his present path and overcome the obstacles that would sway him away from the Lightside. For the Darkside will always beckon to the Jedi with temptation of power, an easy and quick path, as well as the other traits that define the Darkside."

"Are I not a little too old to be a Jedi?" Thane pointed out.

"You are, but age has not stopped the Jedi from training potentials before. We choose to train our Padawans at an early age to avoid the everyday corruption a normal person would experiance in life. We do this to avoid the corruption of the surrounding environment. A Padawan taken as an infant has a less chance of falling to the Darkside then say an adult such as yourself."

"You know, I would love to learn how this holocron works." Thane said lifting it up to eye level and studying its outer casing. "I could make a fortune creating holocrons for the public. I don't suppose you know the Jedi secret of creating one?"

"Only to the Jedi will I give this knowledge." Saun defied. "You seek power, a path that will lead to your destruction. Beware of the Darkside for it not only tempts the Jedi, but non-Jedi as well. You will be more easily tempted because of your sensitivity to the Force and because it is untrained."

"Do not try and tell me what I seek or lecture me about the Darkside." Thane angrily replied. "How do you turn this thing off?"

"Know this, Artemis Visputin, you will face a challenge too great for you. A challenge that will be unresistable and brought to you against your will. Your pride and overconfidence in your own abilities will be your undoing. Return me to the Temple and you may be able to avoid this fate." With that said Master Saun disappeared.

Thane, ashen faced, quickly put the holocron back inside the deposit box and locked it away. He left the vault and activated the security system, two ceiling turrents inside and outside, before returning to the main area of his office.

"It is only a machine." He said after pouring himself a glass of Nubian brandy. "It is only trying to return to the Temple, trying to scare me into taking it back. What does it know about the future?"

But it's approach is working. He sat down in his desk chair, his hand shaking while holding the glass. Despite the unsettlingness of the holocron's prediction, Thane was curious how a hologram could know who he truely is if it was merely a hologram and a machine. He took the remainder of the day to think about it, canceling the rest of his appoint

12. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    "Just a 12 year-old? Looks can be deciving, you should know that, how long have you been in this business? Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. What's it to ya anyway?" She asked slinking away from the lift towards the guy who was talking to her.

"A partner, how quaint. Why should I go with you?" she asked standing infront of him, her hand tightening its grip on her lightsabre under her tunic, just incase this was some sort of trap.

Tian

Tag EmperorFett

13. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Cheriss climbed up the ladder quickly, and quietly. She drew her blaster and followed Deci into the the control box.

She looked to him with a is he in there look.

14. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    IC as Sheen

The night was still young, but already Sheen smelled danger in the air. He jumbled the information he had read in the run down motel room around in his head, wondering if it was the best thing to track a thief that was Force sensetive.

He had found a viable link, Thane Enterprises. It wasn't hard to later find out who ran the company. A man named Artemis Thane. Looking at the 'Wanted' poster of Artemis Visputin, Sheen was sure Mr. Thane was the wanted thief. But another distrubing thought had entered his mind. Artemis Thane wasn't trying very hard to hide his identity... it was almost as if Thane was looking for someone to come after him. He was looking for a challenge.

However, after Sheen had followed his thoughts through to conclusion, the reward was just too grand. And well, Sheen wouldn't mind a challenge himself... his last jobs had, well, given up so easly.

Even if he had second thoughts, they were about to crushed now. Above him loomed a tall building, stretching high into the sky, past the brisk clouds, glittering under the light. In front lay a set of large solid doors, and embedded on them, the Thane Enteprise logo. It was the Thane Enteprise Headquaters.

Sheen quickly but quitely made his way around the back of the building. He knew of another way in...

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tk calls up the underground hologrid network. She calls up all the info she can on Thane Enterprises.

She gets the general blurp.

"Thane Enterprises that is responsible for developing several new weapons technology which is later sold to other companies such as BlasTech, Cygnus SpaceWorks etc. Thane Enterprises specializes mostly in personal weapons and equipment."

She tried to let a listing to what type of personal equipment that they deal with. While she waits for a response she turns to the article she read eariler.

"The Coruscant Mueseum of Art will have on display the "Storms of the Force" This piece, carved from rare Camarian Crystal is extreamly esquisite and fragile, making the piece extreamly valuable. The piece will be on exibit for 4 days only."

The article went on, listing the days and times. As she dialed up another patch of the net. One not normally available to most folks. She had a good guess that Visputin would have no trouble getting the message.

"This one's mine. Back off."

She scrambled the signal, making sure it would not be traced. Even if it was, it wasnt her account anyway.

She then left, working on the next steps.

16. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Deci nodded, "yea I think he is".

Deci started to slowly walk forward with the blaster aimed at the house.

17. EmperorFett

Jul 14, 2002
    Ive been in this business for five years. Whats it to me? Well youd have to be a clawdite, I dont think a normal twelve-year-old would be walking up to a bounty hunter seemingly unarmed.

*Andrew watched a man sneak up behind the clawdite with a blaster barely noticable because of the darkness*

*he pulled out his blaster and shot the man, the blaster bolt singed her ear*

And anyway I know where we could make a quite large amount of credits....

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Thane's Private Office, TE HQ - Coruscant City, Coruscant

To get his mind off of the holocron, the CEO of the Thane Enterprises looked through the news for the latest on museum art and ancient artifacts. He spent an hour delicately choosing which pieces were worth the trouble until he stumbled upon one that caught his interest.

"The Coruscant Mueseum of Art will have on display the "Storms of the Force" This piece, carved from rare Camarian Crystal is extreamly esquisite and fragile, making the piece extreamly valuable. The piece will be on exibit for 4 days only."

"A beautiful piece." He said to himself. "It might just be worth taking a look at and perhaps more later." Thane straightened in his chair, opened a drawer and pulled out a small device which he attached to his holocomm. The holographic image of the sculpture flickered with static before clearing.

He then searched through the Thieves Guild Holonet to see if the piece had caught anyone elses attention.

It had.

"This one's mine. Back off." Said a recently posted message with an anonymous screenname attached. It was common to find these anonymous names, he had plenty of his own.

He added his own reply: "Not if I get to it first, amature. -AVCAT666"

So someone wants it too eh? He thought as he logged off and put away the scrambler device. He checked the exibits showings and bought himself a ticket to see the art piece at a night showing for the rich and famous. He would be there and if the piece was really worth the effort, it would be in his secret collection along with the others.

But first he needed to move the holocron to another place. It would do him no good if the law enforcement came in on an unscheduled appointment and found it in his vault. Like they would even be able to get in there without him anyway. But if they had a warrent, they could make him open it up.

That he did not want.

He had the holocron packaged in a small crate that was later put in a larger crate with equipment waiting to be sold on the market on a planet far from the center of the galaxy. He would later pick up the small crate from the dealer of the equipment shop, which he also owned, and take it to his hideaway and add it to the rest of his collection.

With the holocron out of the way he could spend the next day without worry.

TAG: JMD and Ktala

19. Cryil-Vald

Cryil-Vald Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002

*Drake clicked of the holo-net projecter on his ship and grabbed afew clips for his dual blaster pistols, a rare peice of art like that was a likely choise for Mr. Visputin to steal, but drake would be there waiting for him, in the forward cargo hold drake jumped on to his speederbike, and once the forward bay doors were open, he shot off towards the muesem*

20. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    *She grabbed at her ear as the blaster bolt shot past*

"B******," she hissed, trying to keep control. She didn't need everyone knowing she had a lightsabre, no one in there needed to know.

"Why should I go with you anyway? All I know you could kill me first chance you got." She said bluntly looking up at him. This was the only time since she took on this form that she cursed it being so short.

"How many credits you talking about?" she asked before he could say anything.

"Because if it's not worth it, I'm walkin, I got another job to do."

"And I wanna find some spice soon," she said under her breath.

"Well? Arn't ya gonna say anything?" Tian asked hands on her hips, her head cocked to one side looking at this man like he was an idiot.

Tian

Tag Empy ;)

21. Revolver86

Revolver86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2002
    It's cold, damp, disgusting. But, he's burning up. He doesn't understand, it was supposed to make him feel better. The effects are too strong. He can't take the pain. He doesn't want this. Everything crawling over him. Things eating him from inside. He opens his mouth and all his ears can hear are the loud sirens that are his screams. The pain follows him into a world of dreams. He's on Tattoine. He's hanging by his arms, being whipped while he hears a powerful laughter that makes his ears plead to him to bleed. The laugh is familiar; he looks and sees the juices, the bile, and the ooze, everything covering him as the creature laughs harder.

"JABBA!!!!!!!!!!" Reego screams as he wakes up. It was just a dream! he thought. He gets up and realizes he's been sleeping in a pool of his own urine. He looks at the now empty box. He thought That was the third time I've almost overdosed on black spice. That's it, I have to quit, or it'll kill me. as he threw the box away.

He opened the door and looked at the darkly lit slums he lived in. "I have to make a serious change. I can't live my life like this. I need to get the hell out of this place and find some work. It's the best thing for me."

He went over to his small landing platform and looked at his stolen naboo star fighter, which his former partner nicknamed "Bessy" for it's horrible paintjob. "This changes next." Reego said as he went in the back and pulled out a canister of black paint.

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Lunden, knowing he could never go back in the bar again, became bored and grew disinterested in the man. He had his own hunt he was on. A Rodian fellow who had made the local police mad by selling death-sticks. So he walked on into the Entertainment District, he himself looking almost like a death-stick dealer.

23. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    IC as Sheen

Sheen's heart had begun to thump harder and harder with every floor that he climbed. It hadn't been easy to get in undetected, but he had managed. Now, step-by-step, Sheen climbed up the vantalation shaft of Thane Enteprise Headquaters. He remembered crawling along in the dried up sewer beneath the tall builiding and slipping past a few wary guards. Sheen had managed to find an entrance to the vantilation shaft from there, but he had a long way to climb. It had been half an hour already, and it seemed he wasn't even half way up... Thane's office was on the highest floor.

Without a warning, the metal base underneath him began to vibrate, the thick cables beside him began to decend into the abyss below. It was the lift, and it was going up. That was his chance. From the darkness emerged the top of the elevator like a large creature emerging from the merky waters. As it got pulled higher and higher, Sheen made his move. From a small alcove in the side of the wall, Sheen sprang from it, jumping on top of the elevator, making as little noise as possible. The elevator, took him up in the darkness, Sheen just hoped Thane was in his office...

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    TK was on the move. She stopped for a bit, checking the holonets.

She saw the message.

"Not if I get to it first, amature. - AVCAT666"

She chuckled. "Well, well. A chase it is then."

She grabbed her equipment, and headed for her next destination.

She would be ready.

25. EmperorFett

Jul 14, 2002
    *Andrew looked at her with limited interest*

It was either a blaster bolt singing your ear or you would have had to reveal the concealed weapon under your cloak to kill him

Im thinking at least 9,000 credits....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.