main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's almost here!!! Just about a month to go!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MasterP, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Halo 2 is gonna arrive in stores November 9th people!!! I can't wait, it is almost a month away! There are so many cool new things in Halo 2. We can finally use the Covenant energy sword, use duel wielding, and finally use the Wraith tank!

Here are all the confirmed weapons so far:

Human weapons
    Battle Rifle
    SMG
    Rocket Launcher ( which now has target tracking )
    The pistol ( is now called the magnum and is a little less powerful )
    The sniper rifle
    The Shotgun

Covenant weapons
    Plasma pistol
    Plasma Rifle
    Needler ( which is A LOT better )
    The Carbine Rifle ( one of the new Covenant weapons; it has a scope and can used as a sniper )
    The Brute Shot ( the weapon the Brutes use )
    The Covenant energy sword
    The Covenant Beam rifle ( I have heard little about it, but it is one of the new weapons )

Vehicles
    The Warthog ( which will now have a rocket launcher on the back of it )
    The Scorpian Tank
    The Ghost ( which is a lot faster )
    The Wraith ( the Covenant tank which we can finally use )
    The Banshee ( which can now be used in multiplayer! )
    The ATV ( it is a new human vehicle, there are no weapons on it but you can drive and fire with whatever weapon you are carrying )

There is all the main weapons and vehicles from Halo 2 that I know of. I haven't heard if we will be able to use the Fuel Rod launcher in Halo 2, but I hope we do.

MP

Reedoondunt.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  3. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Ok, you've been here for over a year and you still haven't learned to use the search function? Unless you assumed that in all the time since the game has been announced that no one else has made a Halo 2 thread? Which is impossible for such a hyped game. Didn't you see the locked Halo 2 thread half way down the first page? I hope your pleased with yourself, for turning me into one of the redundant police. :p

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I know! Metal Gear Solid 3 is going to rule us all!
    Or are talkking about Metroid Prime 2? That game just keeps getting cooler everytime I hear about it.

Oh. Wait. you talkig about Halo 2. Meh. Look! A quarter~

5. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Halo 2 deserves multiple threads. It's Halo.

6. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    jp misses modding. :(

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Actually, no, I don't.

But I know what help it is to the mods when people help by linking to the existing threads in a reundant one, and as night is away right now, so...

8. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Plus it's damn annoying when n00bs such as the author of this thread (the worst kind, having been around for a year and still doing this kind of thing) start redundant threads!

9. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Also, some of the information isn't correct, I think.

I'm almost certain they took the ATVs out of the game. Also, not all warthogs have rocket launchers now. There are two types of warthogs. There's still the original, which still has the machine gun mount, and then there is the new Gauss warthog, which fires explosive shells (not the same as the rocket launcher 'hog from Halo PC, I believe.)

I think the Covenant Beam Rifle is the equivelant of the human sniper rifle, and the carbine rifle will be the equivelant of the human battle rifle.

And, yeah. The official thread should be used. While Halo 2 probably does deserve multiple threads (Discussion, Walkthrough, and Multiplayer Gaming Discussion for Xbox Live) it should be confined to one thread until the game is actually released.

10. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    What is with you people!?! It's not like this is the most revolutionary game of all time! Buddah! You act like it's the second coming of Christ!

11. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't see any posts refering to the shipping of Halo 2 as being on par with the Apocalypse. Maybe that's just me though.

So people are enthusiastic about an upcoming game, what's the big deal?

12. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I don't see any posts refering to the shipping of Halo 2 as being on par with the Apocalypse.

My mind wants me to remember the word 'Daikatana'.

13. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    *cries*

14. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Will this game be available for PS2?

15. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    No. It will only be on Xbox, though there probably will be a PC port sometime in the future ala the first game. Being a Microsoft exclusive, it will never be out on PS2 or GC.

16. Nate-Skywalker

Nate-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2003
    i dunno...i think halo and the company that makes it would make a lot more money putting it out for multiple systems,but microsoft wouldnt make as much money

17. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Microsoft produces it. They own it. Bungie is developing it. It was written for the Xbox, and Microsoft would have to be very stupid to release one of their greatest titles to other systems, and thus create more competition for themselves. As much as some people might like, it will never happen.

18. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Dammit. I thought this thread was going to be in anticipation of Half Life 2. You know, a good game.

;)

19. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I would be really looking forward to that, but I've got a distinct lack of a computer that could run it :p

But, at least Halo 2 starts with H and ends in 2. That's gotta count for something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.