main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

its AOTC, not attack of georg's buddies.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthAbdul-jabbar, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padmes_Love_Slave

Padmes_Love_Slave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Isn't John Williams Sidious?

2. Darth-Jedi

Darth-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I'm trying to figure out how Anthony Daniels being in a Star Wars film is considered George Lucas parading his friends in a movie(since Anthony Daniels has been a part of every damn SW film). I didn't know all these people such as the ILM dude were making these appearances, I knew about Lucas' son and Anthony Daniels but that was it. I never spotted 'em, never even tried. I'm still a big fan but I don't look so hard for things to get pissy about. So I say to George, for this fan, keep doing what you're doing(but hire someone to write the screenplay for you).

3. DarthAbdul-jabbar

DarthAbdul-jabbar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    look these cameos dont ruin the movie for me or anything but little things like these add up.I ask what if george himself made a cameo would that be alright with everyone, would you still be able to lose yourself in the moment, i doubt it.
    this is the same thing,just on a lower level

going back before the prequels if you knew that lucas was gonna throw all these people in front of your face during the first 2 episodes im sure you would have been mildly dissapointed and thought why does he NEED to do this,why is it neccessary, so rick mccallum can get some screen time?how selfish on his part. i know you work hard on these films but come on man i dont need to see you in star wars.

4. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Actually it's funny but on my second viewing of TPM (not having spotted E.T. the first time), my dad, a casual moviegoer in general, pointed out the E.T. cameo to me and it was his first viewing! The E.T. appearance is about the only easter egg in the PT that a casual viewer would get. Everything else is for the fanboys and girls but even then, you'd have to be pretty hardcore to spot every "annoying" cameo and in-joke.

5. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "going back before the prequels if you knew that lucas was gonna throw all these people in front of your face during the first 2 episodes im sure you would have been mildly dissapointed and thought why does he NEED to do this,why is it neccessary, so rick mccallum can get some screen time?how selfish on his part."

I can honestly say that if I knew before hand who was going to have cameos, I wouldn't care one bit. Easter Eggs make a movie that you've seen countless times that much more enjoyable. And calling McCallum selfish is rather absurd. He didn't put himself in the movie. Lucas did. And for all the work McCallum has put in helping to make these movies for YOU, I think you should reexamine and redirect that selfish comment.

Amazing.

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I have no problem with the cameos. If George Lucas wants to have himself cameo in Episode 3, I won't have a problem with it. He's done so much work behind the scenes, he deserves to appear on screen for a couple of seconds.

7. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    George Lucas' buddies had cameos in the film? Hmmph. I was too busy actually enjoying the movie to really give a damn.

By the way, you know in ESB when the citizens of Bespin are evacuating? Watch the guy carrying something who runs behind Lando in one shot. That "something" is actually Ben Burtt's blender. I'll tell you, that cameo of Ben Burtt's blender ruins the whole film for me every time.

8. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Too many cameos in TPM and AOTC?
    So why aren't you complaining about the following?:

A NEW HOPE - Gary Kurtz's daughters played Jawas. Other cast and crew families were extras in the Yavin Base. Also, Han Solo was played by a guy Lucas had used in another movie.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - Artist Ralph McQuarrie had a cameo. Also, Mark Hamill had a second role as the guy who says "The first transport is away". Also, a well-known Shakespearean actor's voice was used to make the probe droid noises--THERE's a pointless cameo!

RETURN OF THE JEDI - Co-producer Robert Watts had a cameo, as did director Richard Marquand.

THE PHANTOM MENACE - Dennis "Wedge Antilles" Lawson's nephew had a "cameo" as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

So... yeah, I think we can sum up the "no more cameos" argument with a bit fat [face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!

9. MINI_YODA

MINI_YODA Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I wish I was one of georg's buddies [face_plain]

10. DarthAbdul-jabbar

Mar 13, 2002
    I swear you people wouldn't care if snuffilupakus appeared on screen you fakers.

11. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    DarthAbdul-jabbar i can't believe you actualy reconized all of george buddies.
    what does that say about you?

i did not see anyone of them. what does that say about me?

12. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "I swear you people wouldn't care if snuffilupakus appeared on screen you fakers."

First of all, who the hell are you to call us fakers? And second of all, I think Snuffleupagus would make a damn find bantha.

Amazing.

13. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Dude, that would rock if Snuffleupagus had a cameo in Star Wars. :)

14. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    Snuffleupagus is in AOTC? Awesome! Finally a Sesame Street connection after the droids made their appearance on the show all those years ago. :D

15. Lando_System

Lando_System Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    This thread is imbecilic.

I can't believe you took the time to even type it. George Lucas could have put himself in it as a main character, and it wouldn't matter. It's his movie. Extras don't matter for a reason. They just add background noise.

16. DarthAbdul-jabbar

Mar 13, 2002
    how dare you call my thread names lando system, for that i should choke you to your knees with my barefur wookie hands,what puzzles me more is why you respond to it.
    your a real hero.

17. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    "Dude, that would rock if Snuffleupagus had a cameo in Star Wars."

LOL, I thought I saw Grover in the Senate scene. :p

18. DarthAbdul-jabbar

Mar 13, 2002
    you probably did, come one come all george dosn't care.

19. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    Was it Grover or SuperGrover?

20. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    A Grover cameo would make sense. Here's why:
    Grover's voice and puppeteer: Frank Oz
    Yoda's voice (and puppeteer in the other films): Frank Oz

21. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Dude, Grover was in AOTC? I missed that scene. :(

22. Miiike

Miiike Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2001
    Does this mean if George becomes friends with Hayden we should remove him from the film, then Ewan and Natalie? ILM better get busy. They will need to do a lot more effects next time.

23. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    what if george himself made a cameo would that be alright with everyone

Funny you should say that. Apparently Lucas is one of the busts in the Jedi archives. Now, even though you never noticed this before, you can whine about it too! =D
    Consider it an early Christmas present :)

24. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    This has to be the dumbest complaint of the film that I've ever read and I've read some dumb ones. I for one didn't recognize anyone and I guarantee no one else would have if it wasn't pointed out to them.

25. DarthAbdul-jabbar

Mar 13, 2002
    padme bra,you didnt recognize ANYone? you didnt recognize burtt and mccallum when they were smack dab in the middle of the screen.hmmmmm "blind you are if these cameos,you could not see"

I guess you people who could care less about these cameo's are the same people who could care less about the way lucas butcher'd 3po's charachter with the lame cockamamey droid factory scene
    too passive you all are.
    im sorry but i care for my baby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.