main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA IT'S BANNER TIME!!! No, not Hammer time.......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    It's time for a new Banner guys!! All you clever artists out there get your creative hats on and let's see what you can do!

Theme

Ep. 3 lead up. No spoilers, but images from Ep 1 & 2 are good to go. SAFF/SA images can be used as well. Let's get the hype about May building!

Entries close 31st March, artists to post all links here.

In the first week of April we will judge the best, and then it will go up for the May build up!

So let's see what you got!!! Good luck!

2. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    huh?

I thought that we were going to cycle through the other banners made, then hold another competition? Wasn't that going to make it fair for everyone?

Maybe I was mistaken?

:)

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We can cycle through them after the movie, we have many months ahead. The new one will only be up four - 5 weeks maximum. We can change one now if everyone likes. I just thought it'd be fun to have a Hype one for the new movie.

4. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Anyone who is making a banner:

Please forward me a copy of your banner.

Also: if you only wish to create the main section of the banner, please let me know. I will create the rest of the graphics as well as the forum style sheet for you.

A-D, can you please PM me with how often you want the banners rotated.

5. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Okay, I've created a banner based on the one I did for the website. It's not perfect by any means, and if it's selected I need to put some slightly better pictures in a couple of places and modify the res/blurriness etc.

Besides, I'm sick as a dog at the moment so I didn't polish it as nicely as I could've(just 48 hours after I was explaining to a friend that I rarely get sick :rolleyes: ). Oh well, still hauling ass to Two Tribes in a minute (go the Prodigy :) )

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it. But if you haven't seen the poster (see the Advertiser today anyone?) or some of the *released shots* of Grievous you might be 'spoiled' but I don't really think so. Anyway, I'll leave a gap below if you don't want to see it.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/oz_skip/SAFFbannertopleft.jpg]

6. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Just to quickly add, I have a feeling that I'll be too sick to work on Monday (seriously) and I'm going into work to do stuff tomorrow, so IF I'm not in at work Monday I can productively create the other images to go with it. If you see posts here, you know what I'm up to ;)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That looks great Skip well done!! And sorry you aren't feeling well, hope you recover soon and are ready to suffer next Saturday.. [face_devil] And if you do have to be home, what better way to spend the time?

8. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    have you got the thing that's going around too???

gotta love between season changeover bugs. They so totally DO NOT rock!

ah well....I'm sure it'll be cold soon, and we'll all be complaining of the 'flu.

get well soon, Skipp....don't work too hard. You have to look after yourself first!

:D

9. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Yeah, it's been short, sharp and shiny. Hitting me (and fellow workmates) hard and quick. It's bacterial not viral (ie cold not flu)* so it'll go fairly quickly I think. A good reminder to take care of oneself.

I'll be partying out of my system I hope later today :)

*You can usually tell this if your body produces snot/mucous/muck that is coloured rather than clear. Gotta love science ;)

10. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    If I find the time between all my homework I'll give it a go. :)

The one I made before was done on my old software, but now that I have photoshop, I'll be able to produce something better.

11. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    If I cant draw on paper, do you really think I have the skills to do a web banner ?????
    NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...............

12. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    dashleebo posted on 3/11/05 7:48pm
    If I find the time between all my homework I'll give it a go. [face_happy]

The one I made before was done on my old software, but now that I have photoshop, I'll be able to produce something better.
    [hr][/blockquote]

I may still have a copy of the last banner you sent me dashy.

13. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    question.........

Have just been reading back over the banners thread from last time (it took some searching, for those interested, it's on page 4 of the forum). We had agreed to rotate the submitted banners every 6 months or so, is that still going to happen?

Also....are we going to stick with the rules that the other forums go by (NSW, Vic,etc) - anybody can submit, but only the people in that state can vote? That was agreed upon during the last vote also.

I know I'm probably sounding pedantic, but as we have our own talent here, why not let it be South Aussie this time?

:)

btw....that looks cool, Skipp.....

So do some others that I've had sneak previews of....
    :D

14. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    I know I'm probably sounding pedantic, but as we have our own talent here, why not let it be South Aussie this time?

Gee, that sounds real nice... :rolleyes:

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Anyone - world wide - is eligable to enter - as a member of an International Forum - we must allow that. (I happen to know there is an English lady working on one for us) This is only for a 6 week period lead up to the movie. After that we will be rotating the banner. There is no need to be so picky, this place is for fun, and we are not playing favorites. And as none of the banner creators are complaining I don't see why you are so determined to make a point.

I hope this place is around for ages, and there will be plenty of time for every banner to go up. Remember, dashys banner was voted the winner, I didn't choose it. So it was South Aussies who voted her in.

16. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    okay.

I didn't mean not to allow anyone to enter. I meant that as the other forums do - allow ANYONE to enter, but only allow the South Aussies to vote. the other forums do this, I can't see a problem.

you guys can read whatever you like into what I wrote. It was simple. There was no 'hidden message'. I did NOT accuse anyone of anything, nor did I say that ANYBODY is playing favourites.

I can't see the problem. I was just referring to what was decided last time.

17. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    That looks very cool oz_skipp!

I'm looking forward to seeing what others come up with too :) I would love to try to make one, but I don't know my way around photoshop well enough just yet :(

It will be so neat to see an ep 3 themed banner and it will remind us of how cool this is going to be. Yay! lol

18. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    The final decision of how the banner competition is going to work rests with the CR. That's the reason you voted for her.

19. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Can I hire a professional to do my design for me ?
    It's not cheating, it's "outsourcing".. remember that term people !
    2. I don't give a rats about any banner. I log on here to "BS" with you lot.
    I think its time we all sing.....
    " Kumbaya m'lord..... Kumbaya"
    Join in if ya know the words.....

20. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    arrrrrrrrggggggg *runs screaming at the thought of evil singing and trying to be nice*

21. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    an attempt......

EDIT; changed the link....see now, click on the 'Veiw Full Sized Image' to get a better look....

22. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Hey Brun, when I click on the link, it doesn't show up.

23. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Remember, the banner needs both a top section and a repeating background section, otherwise it's going to look very strange on our style sheets.

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I like that lot Brun very nice indeed!!!

25. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I happen to know there is an English lady working on one for us

So people are cool with me submitting a banner then? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.