main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Its been fun, but all thing must come to an end.

Discussion in 'Ann Arbor, MI' started by Midnightguard, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Been many months since I've been able to check these boards or to even organize a meeting. We were pretty active for a year straight and had alot of fun. I have to admit that after Episode 3 came out on DVD I really just don't have anything left to talk about as far as Star Wars is concerned. With Episode 3 come and gone I pretty much have closure on this chapter of my life. I've been a Star Wars fan since I first saw ANH when it was first released in theaters. I have many other things currently going on in my life that I deem more important and just no longer have the motivation to commit to Star Wars as much as I used to.

I'll remember many who were along for the ride over the years and good luck to all of you in all you do in life.

I may drop in and check out the forums from time to time but effectively I am closing this chapter in my life and moving on to other pursuits.

Farewell all and may the force be with you always.

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Goodbye, Rob.
    It's been fun.
    I hope to see you around the boards or in real life some time.

-Kyle

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I know that we(as a group)have talked about this a few times recently.It still wasn't an easy choice to make,though.One of the things that I always liked about our group was that it seemed like everyone had such a diverse range of interests and ideas.I think that brought a lot of good perspectives and depth to our meetings and discussions.Of course,it makes sense that those same people would eventually want to move on and pursue new things.I've also had a great time here with all of you over the last year and a half,and I'm looking forward to moving on from the FanForce part of my life as well. :)

You guys are great friends and the best fans.Good luck to everyone. :)=D=

4. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Sorry to see it happen, but I fear it may be inevitable for a lot of chapters.

The question now is if the rest of the chapter wishes to continue? If so, you'll need to elect a new CR. If not, I can move your board to the inactive forums, but that's up to you guys.

5. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    Didn't we just start watching the trailer and looking at it frame by frame?[face_laugh] It was great getting together and having our discussions about Star Wars and other things. I have my photos to commemorate our first meeting. I never put anything like that up on the boards. I'm not quite up to date with all these internet photo books and things. I will always be a Star Wars fan. My home is proof enough of that. :oops: I'm glad that things are going so good for you guys. I've enjoyed every minute. The group was a blast. Take care to all.
    "Train yourself to let go of all you fear to lose." I think there's some fans that really need to take that to heart. I feel wonderful about moving on but that in no way means I will ever stop being a fan. I will always watch Star Wars films, read books, collect Yodas and have lively and thoughtful discussions with others who appreciate it the way I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.