main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its been fun, but all thing must come to an end.

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Midnightguard, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Been many months since I've been able to check these boards or to even organize a meeting. We were pretty active for a year straight and had alot of fun. I have to admit that after Episode 3 came out on DVD I really just don't have anything left to talk about as far as Star Wars is concerned. With Episode 3 come and gone I pretty much have closure on this chapter of my life. I've been a Star Wars fan since I first saw ANH when it was first released in theaters. I have many other things currently going on in my life that I deem more important and just no longer have the motivation to commit to Star Wars as much as I used to.

I'll remember many who were along for the ride over the years and good luck to all of you in all you do in life.

I may drop in and check out the forums from time to time but effectively I am closing this chapter in my life and moving on to other pursuits.

Farewell all and may the force be with you always.

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Goodbye, Rob.
    It's been fun.
    I hope to see you around the boards or in real life some time.

-Kyle

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I know that we(as a group)have talked about this a few times recently.It still wasn't an easy choice to make,though.One of the things that I always liked about our group was that it seemed like everyone had such a diverse range of interests and ideas.I think that brought a lot of good perspectives and depth to our meetings and discussions.Of course,it makes sense that those same people would eventually want to move on and pursue new things.I've also had a great time here with all of you over the last year and a half,and I'm looking forward to moving on from the FanForce part of my life as well. :)

You guys are great friends and the best fans.Good luck to everyone. :)=D=

4. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Sorry to see it happen, but I fear it may be inevitable for a lot of chapters.

The question now is if the rest of the chapter wishes to continue? If so, you'll need to elect a new CR. If not, I can move your board to the inactive forums, but that's up to you guys.

5. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    Didn't we just start watching the trailer and looking at it frame by frame?[face_laugh] It was great getting together and having our discussions about Star Wars and other things. I have my photos to commemorate our first meeting. I never put anything like that up on the boards. I'm not quite up to date with all these internet photo books and things. I will always be a Star Wars fan. My home is proof enough of that. :oops: I'm glad that things are going so good for you guys. I've enjoyed every minute. The group was a blast. Take care to all.
    "Train yourself to let go of all you fear to lose." I think there's some fans that really need to take that to heart. I feel wonderful about moving on but that in no way means I will ever stop being a fan. I will always watch Star Wars films, read books, collect Yodas and have lively and thoughtful discussions with others who appreciate it the way I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.