main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto It's been too long...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TheGrandePoobah, Mar 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    It's been too long since we've gone out to see a movie... too long since we've done much at all as a group. So with no further hype, anyone want to go see a movie on Saturday?

I'll be leaving the city tomorrow, but I'll be back Saturday and was wondering if anyone wanted to join me in seeing something on Saturday Evening, possibly The Dish or Enemy at the Gates?

I hope we can get something going...

2. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Ouch! I'll be in Toronto on Saturday, So I'll see about that (Yeah! My first TO get-together!) (Better not get too excited, probably won't work out :( )

3. krax_13

krax_13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2001
    Me me me.. I want to see a movie!

Oh wait, I'm in O-ttawa :( Where if it's not 30 below, its (freezing) rain or snowing. OTOH, I'm moving back to TO April 7th.

... Say, what about a movie night umm... April 7th?

That is all.

Joseph
    -not a pyro.

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    When do you exams finish, Joesph?

I'm done on the 19th.

I won't be able to make it, but the rest of you in Toronto have no excuse--now go see a movie dammit!

5. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    But Tragic's sister is having a wedding shower. Oh your right we can blow that off. It's not important right Tragic?
    ?[face_plain]
    ... :eek: Tragic waht are you doing with that frying pan?
    ...(scene of unspeakable violence..)
    ... [face_plain] uh..maybe next time...

6. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Does Tragic mangle your frying pans often? Hmm...

7. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm not done my exams til the 21st, therefore Adam and Joseph are rotten bastards.

8. krax_13

Feb 13, 2001
    Hey? Who 'you calling a rotten bastard??

I said I'm moving back on the 7th, not that my exams are done by then. My last exam is actually on the 26th. ack.

-Joseph

9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    do you try to do things in the most unthinkable manner?

where will you live? commute back and forth?steal ancient cheese from the ROM? what are you thinking?

10. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    yeah, hows that gonna work, you gonna live in a box on campus, I hear that Maytag has some good large boxes, I don't now what you'll do for furniture though, maybe make your own out of pizza boxes, which are an excellent source of cheese, if the ROM isn't willing to give up their ancient stuff, I mean it's old, it's gotta be worth something

King Bob

11. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    ...I'll go if it's not Saving Private at the Gates...Sandwich and I were going to go pubbing for St. Patrick's Day, but that seems like less and less of a good idea the longer I think about it (I'm still about a month and a half underage....ahem.. :) ). And you're right, it has been too long.

It would have to be a late show, I'm working until 8pm (possibly later the way things have been working out lately). If we go to the Uptown, that's perfect though...work is between Bloor and Wellesley. David - I'll call you tomorrow on my break.

Cris~

12. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    <David returns and looks at the listings...>

Well Uptown is playing Crouching Tiger..., Exit Wounds, and Hannibal. I'd rather not see CTHD again, and I doubt Cris would want to see Hannibal, perhaps The Dish at Varsity at 10? $11 though... :-(

I'll post again for you last minute types if we actually work out a plan.

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    did you work out a plan?

should've have seen CTHD if noone was sure of anything else...fools.

Happy belated St. Patty's day

14. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    Well...we just finished watching The Insider at our place...

Happy Fan Day :)

Cris~

15. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    but the ice is slippery!

16. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    and the sun is shining.

Well, CTHD was a good idea, but the time to get down there and back was a bit much, also I know that you'd want to join us if we were to see it again so this weekend when you're back would be much better, no?

17. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    I'd see it again. Sandwich would -definitely see it again... *chuckle*

Cris~

18. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    yup, I'll be back in this weekend...if I survive this week...I've got one essay late, working real hard at getting my next essay, due in 12 hours, late as well. Gee, once I'm done not finishing that, i get to not finish a website draft ontime, oh and then i get to study for a bio anthropology midterm for wednesday...

the ice is slippery...

There were a few previews that seemed interesting for movies which were opening last week, I believe, might want to check those out...

MORE PEOPLE NEED TO COME OUT!!!

C'mon people, this is crazy. A large portion of those who were once regulars are now almost never seen or heard from, and unlikley to read this, and new people who've been around need to come out and have fun!
    if you don't, I will eat you all and then sell your remains to saddam hussein himself!

life sucks, buy a boat and fly it off the edge of the world.

19. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    re: new movies

is that "gate" (I don't know the whole name, but it's got gate in it) movie coming out, the sniper one, that looked pretty good, I'd like to see that. I thik there were a couple of others too that looked pretty good but I can't remember the others now, but yeah, we should see a new movie

re: late work

Adam, at least you can hand it in late, with my assignments it's in on time or zero, I still have 5 and a half out of ten questions due for tomorrow at noon, and here I am posting to the forum, I'm a smart person, thank you and goodnight

King Bob

20. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    you raise an interesting point...I will be glad when school is over...PERIOD.

AHHHHHHHHh

21. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    On this I must agree.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

King Bob

22. krax_13

Feb 13, 2001
    Damn right I'll be living in a box! What do you expect me to live in? A Cube??

Sheesh!

So Greg you have an assignment that on time or zero and you've done about 5 of 10 quesions? I have the same type of thing except I'v done 0 of 40 questions |) So there! Ha.

-Joseph

... but the ice is slippery.

23. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    yes yes, the sun is shining and I got 9 done before I had to put it in, and if you have 40 questions to do, I'm sorry, and as for your box, have you picked it out yet, is it nice, what kind of furniture are you gonna get?

King Bob

24. krax_13

Feb 13, 2001
    ..and the ice is slippery and I'm progressing nicely on my project. I have now done 0.1 out of 40. (I read the first question).

As for my box, of course I'v picked it out. It's quite nice, it even has a window! It also has some other amenities which I just don't happen to remember at the moment.

-Joseph

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

25. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    A window eh, does that mean that the other end of the box is open?

King Bob

ps, if a synchronized swimmer drowns, do the others have to drown too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.