It's Christmas time...

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    ...at least that's what they want to tell us in the supermarkets around here. They started seeling Christmas food on the last day of August and the shelves are overfilled. The people in the radio even played the first Christmas song at that day - as some kind of a joke of course. :p

When have you discovered the first Christmas food this year? And where are you from?
  2. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I refuse to believe this until it's December. [face_not_talking]
  3. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    The 'real' Christmas time starts in December as well, but I start buying those stuff and starting to look forward in November already. Just August is way too early. :p
  4. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Shop-Christmas usually begins around November 1st in the UK, after they get rid of all the Halloween stuff.

But this year, some stores started a month or so ago saying that the "credit crunch" makes it difficult for a lot of people to afford christmas on just one or two wage packets.

We've started our Xmas shopping. We've got most of the stuff for the kids already. Saves worrying about it all later.
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    When I think of the week before Christmas and remembering that there's almost nothing in the shelves anymore, I get tempted to think about the same, but there's the rumour that some food isn't even nonperishable until the 24th of December. o_O
  6. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Meatwise, we've already paid for a hamper which we'll collect just before christmas. ANy non-perishables we get in advance
  7. Pirateme Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll start buying presents now so that I don't end up in December panicking but for me Christmas doesn't start until Thanksgiving eve when we put up the Christmas tree and the next day, after shopping at the crack of dawn, when we decorate.
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Luckily, Halloween kinda breaks up fall, so we don't see it as much. And for me, the holiday season doesn't start until the day after US Thanksgiving (and holiday drama starts in August :rolleyes: ). I have no idea what to get my friends (they're mostly new since I just started university) but an ideal situation would be that we decide we're all broke college students and just do dinner or a pre-exam party or something.

And at what age should I start getting stuff for my parents? I'm kinda thinking that they'll still write my names on gifts for most of the relatives, but should I get them and the sibs something this year since I'm 18?

Gah! I hate this. What to get for whom. It's just too stressful.
  9. Darth Gangrenous Game Host

Game Host
    star 10
    The people in the radio
    There are tiny people in your radio? [face_worried]

:p

10. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Have you never heard them? :eek:

Yep, the present problematic is the most stressful one at Christmas for me as well. :p Although I try to be relaxed and give one to those people who are pretty close to me or for whom I find something during the walks through the shopping miles suddenly, I always get (a bit) stressed when I can't think of anything good and can't find what I'm looking for. 8-} But still, I love Christmas. :p
  11. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    When the 'scottish short bread' cookies appear you know the time is coming soon, but I was told decorations have gone on display at the local supermarket......it's all downhill from here..
  12. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Our local agricenter is having the "Mistletoe Market" the first weekend of October. Yikes.
  13. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I haven't started shopping yet but I probably will soon. With older kids the gifts seem to get more expensive and it's harder to find things they will need/want.[face_worried]

My favorite gifts though are when we all give up gifts and go on a fun vacation together. I'd much rather pay for a nice trip than have more stuff we don't have room for. "Santa" still brings a few smallish gifts but no big expensive items.
  14. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I bought the galactic heroes xwing for my two year old...and she found it. I need to come up with better hiding skills if a toddler can beat me. Anyhoo, she kept bugging me about it so I gave in and let her open it. Needless to say, I had one Christmas present purchased and now I have none. *sigh*
  15. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    That's sweet! :D
    An early Christmas for her. ;) :D

Have you got another present in your mind? And, more important, a better hiding? :p
  16. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have one closet that I can lock with a key just for this purpose. Kids get more and more savvy when it comes to scouting out hiding places as they get older.:p

17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] My parents always hide them in their closet, so we're not allowed in :p Though by now it's mostly a "what do you want?" situation, so we already know what we're getting. Not as fun opening them though since the surprise is lost (it's just that my parents tend to suck at picking gifts on their own).
  18. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

The only thing she loves as much as SW are Shrek and the Disney Princesses...so i guess I will try and find something along those lines. At her age she is easily amused.

By the other posts I am thinking my closet isnt the best hiding place, though. [face_blush]

19. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I love the princesses :D Disney store for you then? Last I saw (I was in there a couple months ago with my little cousin) there were Barbie-esque dolls of the princesses and their princes.
  20. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The big Cinderella castle is really fun. There is one in the center of my livingroom right now...along with the big coach and horses. I'm not sure why this child has a room because her stuff is always all over the rest of the house.:p
  21. TNPredsFan Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll start seeing Christmas trees next to the jack-o-lanterns in the stores in about 2 weeks.
  22. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Oh, right, Christmas trees will be sold soon as well... although... normally it starts in the end of November IIRC, because otherwise they are without needles at Christmas. :p

Does anyone has seen Christmas things on the cover of magazines? :confused:
  23. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hi Sabine :) Yes Christmas decorations and food have begun to appear here in Canada. Jeannette and I love Christmas and Halloween. We are throwing a big Halloween party on October 25th and a Christmas party on December 6th. I have already started to decorate for Halloween and I have to start early because I start to loose interest in Halloween decorating as soon as Christmas decorations start to appear in the stores. While I enjoy Halloween, Christmas is when I go crazy with decorating. I spend over 100 hours prepping Christmas trees, decorations, and food every year. I love having parties during the Christmas season.

Since we are having our Halloween party on October 25th. The Halloween decorations will be packed away by November 1st and I will be starting on the Christmas decorating. I do not switch anything on until December 1st. I close the front curtains on November 1st and my neighbours start saying
    to each other "that idiot must be starting on his Christmas decorations" [face_laugh]

I can post some pictures from 2007 if you like :)

Edit : spelling and grammar
  24. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    That would be great, Mike! :D

Although I think you have shown me a pic or two already, your decoration is interesting every year. ;)

I hope to have moved in December finally and if that comes true, I'll decorate the new flat with Christmas stuff for sure. :D
  25. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I cannot believe that I am posting Christmas tree pictures on September 8-}

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/White42005.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/White22005.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/White32005.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/White12007.JPG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.