O.C, CA It's DOO Daah Parade time AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by brusqueTusken, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brusqueTusken Jedi Master

star 1
    This is an inivitation to march in the parade with us. Last year, we had several new friends in the local Star Wars club march with us. WE would like to see our veteran SW Doo Daah marchers as well as newcomers. The more, the merrier!

We are stetting up for our annual Doo Daah parade appearance. This year it's on Nov. 21 Sunday morning. If you want to join us email me directly. I will give you the necessary info on joining us in "Spawn of Capt Kirk" for the parade. The $10 per person fee go to a Pasadena charity org, "The Light Bringers".

There are two BIG & FUN pre-parade parties. One party is to choose the Doo Daah Queen and the other party is a reunion of past Doo Daah Queens. We would like to have other "Kirk Spawn" members to join us in attending the parties. Those party dates have not been published as of yet. I will pass them on as soon as they are set. See ya there!
    BT
  2. Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Dude, I am so there!
    Are you guys wearing costumes?
    thanks
    E-mail me ASAP
    Angelheartdjs@sbcglobal.net
  3. brusqueTusken Jedi Master

star 1
    Any type of scifi costume, Trek or ?? is helpful. If you don't have a costume, we have plenty of William Shatner masks and Trek T-shirts. "Darth Bubba" here and LAFF's William Miyamoto has all the particulars to email out. Contact them ASAP!
    thanks.
    "Spawn of capt Kirk", Parade organizer.
  4. brusqueTusken Jedi Master

star 1
    Hello Scifi Friends~ Just this quick "after Doo Daah parade report". It was really cold and damp but luckily the rain stayed away. "Spawn of Capt Kirk" had a great day. We were featured in the LA times Thursday Weekend paper under the Pasadena Doo Daah Parade listing. Our Banner yeomen/gals got interviewed by the TV press for the Eleven O'clock news again. Our group included a majority members of Deep Space 101 with one LAFF Jedi member and one Orange Cty 501st bounty hunter. Thanks folks and good day.
    We made some new scifi friends with a futuristic "rolling robot" group. They consisted of three ride-on two wheeled space land vehicles with a talking robot integrated into the main people mover. The riders were dressed in futuristic clothes and space helmets. Great folks!
    We were a great crowd pleaser and recieved great applause from the scifi fans in the crowd. I believe the crowds, even with the rain threatening, were larger than the 40,000 crowd in good weather days.
    Join us for next year parade and more local holiday parades in future.
    Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. WE are organizing a New Years party, stay tuned.
    Deep Space 101 Parade crew...
    ps....Photos will be online in a week or two due to the holiday coming up.
  5. brusqueTusken Jedi Master

star 1
    "Spawn of Capt. Kirk" 04 Doo Daah parade photos are up at the Deep Space 101 Yahoo Group. Use this LONG website link:

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/deep_space_101socalclub/lst?.dir=/04+Doo+Daah&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

Or go to this photo album link:
    http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Deep_Space_101SoCalclub/lst

and look in the photo folder titled "04 Doo Daah Parade".

Thanks for those sci-fi people who appeared and helped us with putting on a great show for this year.

**"Spawn" Doo Daah Parade crew
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.