Phx It's "good news, bad news" time...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mara Jade Emperor's Hand, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Knight

star 3
    The good news? I don't have to worry about paying for college any more. I've been accepted at Dominican University, and they're offering me $15,000 a year in scholarships, which is like three-quarters of tuition. It's the closest thing to a full ride that I'm going to get. Since it's close enough that I can commute from my parents' house, I don't have to worry about my room and board, either.

The bad news? I really, really wanted to move out to the Phoenix area, and it looks like that's not going to happen for another four years. *sigh* Dominican's a good school, and I would be out of my mind to turn down this offer, but I'm rather disappointed that I'm staying in the Bay Area.

Still, there's another point of good news: since money won't be so much of a problem, I'll probably be able to visit more often. Also, I'm pretty sure that IA hasn't completely ruled out the possibility of just kidnapping me and dragging me out there. ;)
  2. MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Master

star 4
    Dominican?? Are you serious??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've always dreamed of going to a Catholic U! Good job!!
  3. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't let he fact that it's a Catholic school fool you. The dress code is actually pretty lame.
  4. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Well, congrats on the acceptance, MHEH! Too bad you won't be in Phoenix, though.
  5. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks. :) My mom drove me down to the university and we walked around a bit... it's very beautiful, though I actually liked the ASU campus slightly more, I think... still, it's a lovely campus. It's about 35 miles from my house, so about 45 minutes to an hour in rush hour traffic.

On a side note, in slightly more than 8 hours I will be 18 years old. (I was born at 4:08 in the morning.)
  6. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's already 0400 Zulu time...
  7. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] Looks like a certain Admiral we know is a little excited at your impending legal adulthood... ;)

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!

And congratulations on the scholarship, they make all the difference. If I hadn't gotten scholarships there's no way I'd be where I am today.
  8. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    Happy birthday.
    Though I'll admit we were looking forward to having you here in Phoenix. :)
  9. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    If I hadn't gotten scholarships there's no way I'd be where I am today.
    ?[face_plain]

Stuck in Flagstaff???

I'm confused...

luvs yoo wenchie!!

And no crying wolf... er... contractions...

heh heh...
  10. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Happy Birthday, Rachel!

And :( that you won't be here for college.
  11. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Congratulations on the scholarship!! :D :D That's fantastic news!! Bummer that it's not ASU, but having your tuition paid for versus having to pay out-of-state student tuition... gee, that's a hard choice. ;) Very cool!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

Yay! Evil Twin is 18 and LEGAL!! [face_devil] Oh what havoc we shall wreak upon the innocents. ;) :D

Hope you get what you asked for! :)
  12. Ima_princess Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ummmm Queenie, OF COURSE she'll get what she asked for, shez LEGAL now! duh! [face_shocked] [face_devil]

Happy Birthday!
  13. Anwelei Jedi Knight

star 3
    happy birthday and congrats!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.