main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Phx It's "good news, bad news" time...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mara Jade Emperor's Hand, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    The good news? I don't have to worry about paying for college any more. I've been accepted at Dominican University, and they're offering me $15,000 a year in scholarships, which is like three-quarters of tuition. It's the closest thing to a full ride that I'm going to get. Since it's close enough that I can commute from my parents' house, I don't have to worry about my room and board, either.

The bad news? I really, really wanted to move out to the Phoenix area, and it looks like that's not going to happen for another four years. *sigh* Dominican's a good school, and I would be out of my mind to turn down this offer, but I'm rather disappointed that I'm staying in the Bay Area.

Still, there's another point of good news: since money won't be so much of a problem, I'll probably be able to visit more often. Also, I'm pretty sure that IA hasn't completely ruled out the possibility of just kidnapping me and dragging me out there. ;)

2. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Dominican?? Are you serious??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've always dreamed of going to a Catholic U! Good job!!

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Don't let he fact that it's a Catholic school fool you. The dress code is actually pretty lame.

4. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Well, congrats on the acceptance, MHEH! Too bad you won't be in Phoenix, though.

5. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Thanks. :) My mom drove me down to the university and we walked around a bit... it's very beautiful, though I actually liked the ASU campus slightly more, I think... still, it's a lovely campus. It's about 35 miles from my house, so about 45 minutes to an hour in rush hour traffic.

On a side note, in slightly more than 8 hours I will be 18 years old. (I was born at 4:08 in the morning.)

6. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    It's already 0400 Zulu time...

7. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] Looks like a certain Admiral we know is a little excited at your impending legal adulthood... ;)

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!

And congratulations on the scholarship, they make all the difference. If I hadn't gotten scholarships there's no way I'd be where I am today.

8. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Happy birthday.
    Though I'll admit we were looking forward to having you here in Phoenix. :)

9. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    If I hadn't gotten scholarships there's no way I'd be where I am today.
    ?[face_plain]

Stuck in Flagstaff???

I'm confused...

luvs yoo wenchie!!

And no crying wolf... er... contractions...

heh heh...

10. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Happy Birthday, Rachel!

And :( that you won't be here for college.

11. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Congratulations on the scholarship!! :D :D That's fantastic news!! Bummer that it's not ASU, but having your tuition paid for versus having to pay out-of-state student tuition... gee, that's a hard choice. ;) Very cool!!

And [hl=blue]HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!![/hl] :D

Yay! Evil Twin is 18 and LEGAL!! [face_devil] Oh what havoc we shall wreak upon the innocents. ;) :D

Hope you get what you asked for! :)

12. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    Ummmm Queenie, OF COURSE she'll get what she asked for, shez LEGAL now! duh! [face_shocked] [face_devil]

Happy Birthday!

13. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    happy birthday and congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.