main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico It's good to be a Star Wars fan... and a gamer!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Jan_Solo, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Ahh... it's good to be a SW fan and a gamer this year. ;) With Star Wars Galaxies being a big (and now stable!) success for the PC, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic making it worthwhile to purchase an X-box, the stage has been set for a decent SW gaming experience to at least last for a few months.

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy will be coming out for the PC in about 4 days (at the time of this posting), and Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike will be coming out for the Gamecube system during the last week of next month.

This gamer here could not be more excited. :D

2. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Jedi Academy se ve ridiculamente cool! Oozess with coolness, but as we all know by now, my pc can't run it. Asi que les pido a todos que se unan en oración para que mi campaña para una nueva PC en mi casa tenga resultados. UNA COMPUTADORA NUEVA PARA EL KID Y LOS CLONES AHORA! JUSTICIA TECNOLÓGICA AHORA!

En cuanto al X-box, espero tener el mio en mi casa este domingo, y KOTOR comprarlo en la semana por internet!!! Mwahahahahaha

Rebel Strike is on the list as well.

3. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    any of those for my pretty PowerBook???

4. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
  5. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Gente todo lo que han oido de KOTOR es cierto.

Definitivamente vale la pena tener un X-Box aunqeu sea solo por este juego.

6. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    I played the first stage of Rebel Strike for Nintendo Gamecube that's included in the LucasArts Bonus Disc (a goodie that you'll receive if you preorder the game), and I must say it's impressive... most impressive. [face_shocked]

In it you get to play Luke running around the snow both on foot and riding on a Tauntaun, shooting at snowtroopers, AT-STs, and climbing on AT-ATs to destroy them in the classic detonator fashion seen in ESB. The graphics in the demo need to be improved a little, but overall everything looks as good or even better than they did on the previous game. At the end of the stage you get to fly an X-Wing against what is probably the biggest number of TIE Fighters I have even seen in a game before. And not a frame was skipped. Beautiful. The cinema sequences that precede the stage are also of pretty good quality, and the audio is obviously near-perfect ear-candy.

All of you out there should really check it out. Those who own a Gamecube must get this game, and I recommend to those who don't that they get buy one now! 8-}

P.S. - Stay tuned for a Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy review. ;)

7. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    The game isn't out yet, but we already have a review for it. So here it is, without further ado... the Jedi Academy review courtesy of Katsushiro (who says Hi by the way ;) ).

8. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Yo separe Rebel Strike y no me dieron ningun demo!!!!

Someone is going to pay for this.

9. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Luisito, como te va con Knights of the Old Republic? Ya se te borro el HD de nuevo? [face_laugh] Ya pronto sale para la PC! Y este mes sale Rebel Strike para Gamecube, w00t!

10. siul-fer-nando

siul-fer-nando Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2002
    well a finish jedi academy in bouth sides: dark side and light side but in dark side is dificult to succide you have to fight kyle kartan and that one my friends is a nasty a non buring saber fight...
    prepare for the kick in youre a@#@#$#%....

11. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
  12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    ¿Vale la pena comprar Jedi Academy? Mi PC no tiene el muscle pa jugarlo anyway. Vi un review en GameSpy no muy favorable, so me pregunto si valdra la pena rentarlo pa'l Xbox cuando salga.

13. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Saludos Darth_Invidious,

Yo personalmente a veces encuentro que los reviews de GameSpy no son tan confiables. Chequeate este otro review. Si no estas seguro de que tu PC lo pueda correr decentemente te recomiendo entonces que esperes por la version de Xbox. Lo bueno de la version en PC es que es mas facil jugarlo multiplayer en un LAN. Pero si, el juego esta bastante bueno. Definitivamente vale la pena para por lo menos un alquiler.

Suerte!

14. DarthKurt

DarthKurt Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2003
    Indeed it is,im a hardcore gamer,even more hard core with anything star wars.I have all 3 of the games posted in the original post(except rouge squadron 3,but i preordered it)And yes,it is worth getting a big black box just for KOTOR.It certenly is a great time to be a Star Wars Geek/Gamer

15. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    On more gaming news, check out this exclusive AniGaming interview with designer Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children!

16. DarthKurt

May 18, 2003
    YES! kingdome Hearts 2!!!

17. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Bueno, ayer llegó Rebel Strike! Solo he visto las primeras 3 tablas y el Training, y todavia no he jugado el cooperative campaign (el cual se ve increible), pero lo que he visto hasta ahora me ha gustado mucho. Los que jugaron el demo se pueden haber dado cuenta que las partes "third-person" (en donde controlas a un personaje - Luke en el demo - y corres por ahi disparando) no son tan buenas. Pues afortunadamente, para la version final lograron mejorar un poco el control en las partes "third-person". Todavia sigue siendo medio "awkward", pero no esta tan mal como yo esperaba. Obviamente en donde el juego se gana sus meritos es en las partes de los "flight missions".

Ah, y sorprendentemente las voces estan bastante buenas, con algunas excepciones como la de El Emperador, la cual suena bien cafre. La mejor voz que suena es la de Vader, parece como si fuera el mismo James Earl Jones! :D

Si tienes un Gamecube, tienes que conseguirte este juego! Si no, la consola esta en $99 (nueva). ;)

18. DarthKurt

May 18, 2003
    QUE QUE?por que caramba EB no me llamo cuando llego el juego?

19. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Have to wait 'till the next check comes! :(

20. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Rebel Strike ownz! I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but the other day I was playing through Wedge's campaign and I got to pilot some Imperial vehicles I have always wanted to pilot but had never had the chance to do so. Think big, four-legged walking behemoths. :D Kick ass!

Those of you who have it (*ahem*KidBoricua*ahem*) should definitely try advancing on to the later stages. ;)

21. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    And now it's good to be a Lord of the Rings fan and a gamer!

(This is a certified SPOILER FREE message)

I got Return of the King for Gamecube, and after an initial stream of second thoughts had subsided, I've been playing it to death. I was reluctant to play it at first for fear it would reveal spoilers as to what happens in the as-of-today unreleased third film in the LOTR trilogy.

Fortunately I have good news for you all. The spoilers in the game are so minuscule that you won't even notice them in some cases. And most of the movie sequences and soundtracks are taken from The Two Towers movie, which I am sure all of you out there have seen. ;)

Here's an example: You are about to play through Stage X. You begin to play Stage X and you find yourself fighting through some kind of forest. Great, so instead of fighting through the woods of Lothlorien you are fighting through location X, which is also a forest. So the only spoiler here is the name of the actual place, X, since it pretty much looks exactly like other forests we've seen before. And to make things even better, when you are thrown at Stage X you find yourself too busy killing stuff to notice any spoilers that may be around.

So yeah, the game rocks. And the Coop-Campaign is extremely cool. I seriously recommend you pick this one up, even if its a rental. Button-mashing LOTR action is back in da house! :D

22. JORG-DAN

JORG-DAN Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    Greeting fellow fans

I`M THINKING ABOUT BUYING AN X-BOX OR A GAME CUBE,BOTH HAVE GREAT SW GAMES,BOTH SYSTEM HAVE GREAT POTENTIAL,I WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP HERE TO SEE IF I CAN FINALLY DECIDE ON ONE OF THE TWO.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

23. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I want to get the XBox too for the Star Wars Knights of the old Republic, which I hear is excellent!

24. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey, you've come to the right place for advice. 8-}

Both systems have their good points and their bad points. But it all comes down to this: software library (A.K.A. games). So it all depends on how many games are actually out there that you like, and how many games are going to come out for a specific console that you like.

In my case, I prefer the Gamecube because it has more games that I like. The games that are out exclusively for Gamecube, like the Zelda and Metroid series for example, are what I really like. And the Rogue Squadron series is a must-have for Star Wars fans. Also, the Gamecube has the best "party games" of all consoles, in my opinion.

On the other hand, if you like Sports games and other competitive games (like first-person shooters and such) and have a decent Internet connection, you might want to consider getting an X-box instead. The X-box also has some decent PC-game ports, for those who can't afford a full-fledged gaming PC. It all depends on your current (and future) game needs. So my advice is, start doing some research and find out about what games you really like and which console has them. :D

25. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    O haz lo que yo hice y compra los dos! :D
    En verdad que con los precios de ahora (GC 99.99 y X-Box a 150) no esta mal.

Te digo que aunque es el último que tengo, el X-Box me gusta más que mi GC y mi PS2.

KOTOR es sin duda el mejor juego de SW que he jugado, y de los mejores que he jugado en toda mi vida, diría que segundo después de Ocarina of Time.

Pero Rogue Squadron vale la pena.

BTW Jan, el sábado le metí duro a Rogue Squadron, y ya llegué a la tabla de Wedge y el walker...sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.