main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico It's good to be a Star Wars fan... and a gamer!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Jan_Solo, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Viste Kid, te dije que te iba a tripear! :D Tenemos que planificar para tirarnos par de rondas de multiplayer.

2. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    Now I can say it's good to be a Star Wars fan AND a MAC GAMER!

The recently released Jedi Academy for PC will be available for Apple's platform soon! Aspyr Media will be porting the game and ready to ship by the end of the year or early 2004. Other Star Wars games that the company has made available for Mac include Galactic Battlegrounds and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Here's a link to the whole story:
    IGN Mac: Jedi Academy Announced

3. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Para aquellos no lo suficientemente afortunado para tener un X-Box, les informo que este martes 18 de nov. sale la versión de PC de Knights of the Old REpublic.

La versión de PC tiene una espación espacial nueva, armas y NPC's nuevos.

4. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Well, this Christmas season is looking to be more promising than last year's for gamers. :D There might not be that many good offerings as opposed to previous seasons, but there are a few good titles for all platforms. Here are some picks:

PC
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

• Call of Duty

• Final Fantasy XI
    Gamecube
    • Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

• LOTR: Return of the King

• The Sims Bustin' Out
    GameBoy Advance
    • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

• Sword of Mana

• Fire Emblem
    Playstation 2
    • Final Fantasy X-2

• Manhunt

• I-Ninja
    X-box
    • Deus Ex: Invisible War (also on PC)

• Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (also on PC)
    I invite all of you out there to post your own picks here! ;)

5. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    La verdad que no se, esta temporada no hay ningún juego así que parezca el 'must have'. Max Payne me intriga, pero el primero fue tan corto que no quiero gastar mis chavos en un segundo.

Lo que si es que estoy cabildeando fuertemente para mi nueva PC, y cuando la tenga me comprare par de juegos que no he podido comprar como BF 1942, Jedi Academy, y quizas en algún momento cuando salga el Space Expansion y tenga broadband, Galaxies.

6. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Bueno Luis, ya acabaste Rebel Strike? 8-}

In other news, this has nothing to do with Star Wars but I thought I'd share it with you. I got Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for the GBA and I am happy to say that it is an excellent game!!

[image=http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/235923.jpg]

So if you own a GBA I seriously recommend you try this one out.

7. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/238077.jpg]

I know this also has nothing to do with Star Wars, but what the heck. The Sims Bustin' Out is, well... out, and it is a pretty good game. And the coolest thing is that no matter which console you own, you are sure to get a special treat:
    • Gamecube owners will be able to hook it up to the Gameboy Advance version, so they can download their character and play minigames to earn money and build up their Sims.

• PS2 owners can play the game online with other people using the PS2 broadband adapter.

• And X-box owners can run the game in ultra-sweet high-definition mode, as long as they have a TV that supports the mode.
    So if you are a Sims fan, you definitely should look into it. Or if you have been waiting for the right moment to try out a The Sims game, this might be a good time to do so. :D

8. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Oh well, since we already went other ways besides the Star Wars ones, I would recommend playing Fatal Frame 2 for the PS2.
    Talk about addicting! :D

9. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/games/battlefront/images/key_art.jpg]

Another Star Wars game is in the works. Star Wars Battlefront places players in the epic ground battles of the movie saga. Four army factions are available: Rebel, Imperial, Droid and Clones, and various planets as settings for online multiplayer madness. It will be available for PS2, Xbox, and PC. The first two will support 16 players online and 32 on a LAN, whereas the PC version doubles the amount of players to 32 and 64 respectively. The game is slated for a Fall 2004 release. More info here!

10. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Ultimamente han habido un monton de tremendos rumores por el net sobre Episodio 3, los cuales son muy buenos y los fanaticos estan alegrandose y subiendose las esperanzas. Here's one:

Episode III Games Rumors
    Fri, Jan 23, 04 11:12:28 PM EST

From XBox.IGN.com's Most Anticipated Games of 2004: Be warned, this could be taken as an Episode 3 Spoiler so if you're a very strict non-spooiler junkie, beware.

Star Wars Episode III: Darth Vader
    Not the official name, but you do get to play as Darth Vader.

What's this all about? More as soon as we get it!

11. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    [image=http://www.aspyr.com/images/game/122_cod_detail.gif]
    Another Mac game in the horizon: Call of Duty! Soon I can join the WWII Fragfest LAN Parties this April! :D

12. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    A Star Wars Battlefront Update:

Click here to see a gameplay trailer for the upcoming title.

13. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/images/screenshots/12.jpg]

LucasArts finally revealed details about its upcoming PC and X-box first person shooter title, Star Wars Republic Commando. Even though I find the name quite silly, the game is lookin' good. :cool:

14. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/snooper76/PRJO/PSO3800X600.jpg]

Phantasy Star Online: C.A.R.D. Revolution

For those who follow this series, the third installment in the PSO series is coming this week for Gamecube. This time, instead of your usual hack and slash type of gameplay, you now battle using a card system. Those familiar with Magic: The Gathering might have a better idea of what the game is like. Even though it is a departure from the old formula, it's a refreshing twist in the PSO universe. For more info on the game, visit the official PSO III site.

Anyone considering getting this game?

15. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    [image=http://ebgames.com/ebx/images/242692-top-ZeldaFS_02.jpg]

Hey guys. This game is being released this week. Since it features four player simultaneous gameplay, how 'bout a couple of us gather a little "serrucho" so we can get together to play? :D

Also, for those who have the GBA version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, which includes a Four Sword game, too, we can also meet up. As far as I know, Lucidus and myself have the game.

Any other adventurers out there? ;)

16. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    hace poco compre una electronic gaming monthly y el cover story es de KOTOR 2 y se ve muy interesante...

I also just got back into gaming cause i bought a new x-box and i'm really enjoying the first KOTOR pero todavia no encuentro la forma de avanzar mas en el juego... los raghouls me siguen matando cuando trato de salir por el 2do gate del undercity y no se donde encontrar el antidoto ni como encontrar el "prototype engine" para los Swoops de los Hiden Beks ... anyhow no llevo mucho jugando asi que algo se me ocurrira en algun momento...

17. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    El antidoto esta por algún sitio de las alcantarillas si no me equivoco...

pero puedes ir a http://www.gamefaqs.com, ahí tienen par de guías para pasar el juego.

18. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Guias para pasar el juego? That is no fun at all! :p

19. Skalderan

May 10, 2002
    Si mano pero todavia no encuentro como entrar a las alcantarillas...

y por lo general yo soy anti guias pero para este juego parece que las voy a necesitar

20. Skalderan

May 10, 2002
    uff ya porfin llegue al dantooine

21. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
  22. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Un tip de gratis.

No te vayas de Dantooine sin haber hecho todos los sidequests y eso (digo si los quieres hacer), pq no vas a poder regresar.

23. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    For those Nintendo fans out there, the company revealed the tweaked design of the next portable: Nintendo DS!
    [image=http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/article/534/534070/nintendo-finalizes-the-ds-20040728064918093.jpg] [image=http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/article/534/534070/nintendo-finalizes-the-ds-20040728064915452.jpg]
    Check this article for more info!

You can also read this comparison for the old model vs. the new one.

24. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    I am seriously worried about the POWER button being right on top of the CONTROL PAD, where it can be easily and accidentally pressed and *poof!* system turns off. But so far, looks very interesting. [face_peace]

25. Khal_DRhonn

May 8, 2002
    Good point. Maybe they considered the possibility of a "slip of the finger."

En mi opinion, quizas tendras que "depress" el boton por un segundo completo para apagar la unidad.

El error de una fraccion de segundo quizas no lo reconozca. Hay que ver en las instrucciones cuando salga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.