main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA ...it's just and eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey guys I just wanted to share something...

Last week on Friday I went to the opthamologist (eye doc) to check out an area of my peripheral vision in my right eye that was getting progressively worse over the time span of a week. They found it was a retinal tear and pretty serious. Serious enough to do surgery later that day because if they didn't it could of become a retinal detachment which then makes my right eye completely useless. :cool:

So they did this cryo-therapy that freezes and causes scar tissue to form and reattached the retina to the back of the eye in it's proper place. An air bubble was injected to hold the retina back in place and I have to sleep and lay on my left side that the bubble floats to push against the retina in place. There was a 30% chance it could of failed and then a more complex OR op would of been needed to fix it. Soooooooo I've been rather out of commission for the weekend and beyond. Kinda glad I didn't make a commitment to go to ComicCon this year because I kinda look like a terminator at the moment. Come with me if you want to live... haha... I have to go in for check ups on this week anyway and travelling is not highly recommended.

Anywho, my peripheral vision has appeared to have come back and looks like the retina has healed back in place. It's still a lil fuzzy but I hope that will get better as the days goes by. The air bubble will dissipate in 4-5 weeks. ;)

Dunno what caused this exactly. Usually it's cause by some kind of blow or trauma to the head that can cause this kind of tear but I don't recall any of those things. I have a theory that reading 4 books in two weeks actually caused this cos usually I don't read and I noted blurriness after that self corrected but then the other stuff happened a couple days later. They said if you're near sighted this happens easier because the retina is thinner... Regardless it's healing and seems to be okay. No flying or drives though the mountains so for the moment Rogue Leader is grounded. :_| Ah well...

But on the fun side of the Force I took funny pics!:
    [image=http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs195.snc1/6572_125974728956_512393956_3105558_5166437_n.jpg]
    ...it's just and eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare...

[image=http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs175.snc1/6572_125903693956_512393956_3103960_5833994_n.jpg]
    Must keep my Sharingan covered. ;)

2. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    Well you can be my gunner at our next event if you're still grounded.

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Wow, Ming! God, I hope it heals okay and you don't need further surgery!

Eyesight is very important!

Too bad you can't go to Comic Con; funny thing, I can't go either, even if I had planned to, because my eye is acting up!

Well, anyhow, hope it heals okay. Eye surgery is no fun! Altho the anesthesia makes it seem like an acid trip! :p

4. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    You know I have your back Rogue Leader. If there is anything I can do to help while you are out of commission, let me know. We Rogues stick together.
    Four Out

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Haha... Thanks Blu Ray but half blind gunner is as good as half blind pilot. ;) Although I still drove home half blind and dilated in both eyes in the middle of downtown SF... Damn, I'm good. I should be alright for the next event considering a decent amount of the group will be at ComicCon for the week and it's pretty chill. Regardless it' appreciated.

Four, I'll see you Sunday. :cool:

6. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/nl/images/4/41/Lando_Sarlacc.jpg]

Lando:"HEY WAIT A MINUTE, I THOUGHT YOU WERE BLIND"
    Solo" "It's alright, I can see alot better"

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah, apparently in the old Star Wars D6 system RPG by WestEnd Games that Han Solo's blaster skill is so ridiculously high that even mostly blind he can still shoot to hit even with a ridiculous penalty. :p

8. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Ming,

I can't believe the doctor let you drive home with a patch on one eye and the other dilated! It's very dangerous!!

I've had both eyes dilated at the same time and light was very painful, but you can still see okay. The patch part is what worries me. I had a patch on my eye last Friday and didn't even want to take the BUS home.

It's a miracle you're still alive!

9. Padawan_Learner_Yoda

Padawan_Learner_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    dang Ming that's kinda scary. Jump in a bacta tank and get better soon.

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Need to take a lil trip to Thyferra for some Bacta. Unfortunately no flying for me. The air bubble in my eye may detonate. *BOOM* lol

11. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Told you that you'd eventually go blind from doing that.

Reading...that is.

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah, no more reading for me. I'm gonna wait for the DVD from this point on! :pAnyway I dunno man, I was actually trying this deep focus technique to enhance Sharingan but maybe I over stressed it and my eye just couldn't handle the strain. I have no idea but I'm not gonna ever do that again unless if the situation is desperate enough.

13. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Well that's because your eye isn't an anime eye.:p It's not designed o reform and change shape.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Ah but it is! It's just that any reforming and changing shape is apparently bad and can lead to blindness... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.