main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its March, have you gotten your tickets in the mail yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by RogueRebel, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueRebel

RogueRebel Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2004
    Has Gencon mailed out Celebration III Tickets yet? I haven't gotten mine yet.

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    From starwarscelebration.com (FAQ section):
    Q: I ordered my badge but haven't receive it yet. When will I get it?

If you selected to have your badge shipped to you, your badge should be sent in late March.

3. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Man I hope I get it all right. And I ordered a badge for a friend too.

//worries

4. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    I asked someone at gencon and she said the first of them that were already paid in full where shipped yesterday. Now this was just the first batch, so even if you are paid in full you should get it on the next two to three weeks i think :)

5. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Yay!!!!! [face_dancing]

6. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    hi, anyone have a extra ticket. i've been so busy with my mother in the hospital. didn't get a chance to buy them. know of anyone???

7. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Tickets are non transferable. You need to buy one officially through Gen Con at the higher rate of $110 at this point.

8. darthhomeboy-G

Feb 19, 2005
    thank you darling, oh great jedi in the force!!

9. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Now, what do they mean non-transferable? Do they have the purchaser's name actually on badge?

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    The passes won't have names on them (assuming it's like C2). The "non-transferable" thing will probably only be a big problem if you try to pick up a badge at Will Call (since you'll need to show a photo ID, and someone else's name will be on the account).

11. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    You need a photo ID for the will call booth? Wow, glad you told me, though I generally have my PA ID card with me anyway, it woulda been bad if I didn't for some reason!

Their ordering system was a little odd. Like, I ordered my friends ticket, I created an account under his name, but I had the ticket shipped to me, and gah I hope it all works out. And then I am ordering my Mom and aunt's tickets to be picked up at the booth...hopefully that won't be a problem.

12. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Are the passes coming US mail? I'm moving at the end of the month and that would be one less thing for me to worry about.

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    If you're moving, fill out a change of address card at the post office. Worst case scenario -- it takes an extra couple of days to get to you.

14. darthhomeboy-G

Feb 19, 2005
    i'll get mines at "will call "

15. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Have fun in the Will Call line! I'm so glad last time that I didn't get mine for WILL CALL. You literally stand in line for at least an hour to get into the convention area and THEN the Will Call people had to go over to the left and get in another line to get their badges. Meanwhile everyone else scurried inside the convention center to get their autograph tickets, collectibles, or got in first for whatever symposium they had.

BTW, if they have another Rick McCullum Spectacular, I'm getting in there FIRST! Last time they showed unreleased footage in DLP from AOTC - The Yoda vs Dooku fight that NOBODY outside of LFL or George's buddies had gotten to see yet.

16. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    Will call will be a lot better this time :)
    It is open on wednesday from 2-8 pm :)

17. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    That's terrific for the people who don't go all four days.

18. obiwanccna

obiwanccna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    I was involved in Hurricane Ivan and my apartment complex was destroyed. What shipping carrier does the tickets arrive by?

I filed a change of address, but I don't know if that works with UPS or FedEx.

Also, I failed to change the shipping address in time by March 4th. Will I still get my tickets at my new address, or am I up the creek?

If I go without my tickets because I never received them, will I still be able to get in because I show up as registered?

Please help! I am stressing immensely!!

19. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I think they are comming by U.S.P.S. But if they are comming by either FedEx, or UPS then I think you might be in a bad place. If GenCon does not send out tracking numbers (which is why I think they are using the post office) then you will not be able to change the address. If they do use FedEx and send out a tracking number then you should be able to call them use the tracking number, and change your address.

20. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    If I go without my tickets because I never received them, will I still be able to get in because I show up as registered?

Please help! I am stressing immensely!!

I thought I read somewhere in all the information that lost badges would not be replaced. I don't think there is any way they could tell you didn't actually get one. The best way is to contact Gencon and explain your situation. They've been very responsive to every question I've asked. The email address is registration@gencon.com

Good luck!

21. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Seems like C2 badges were sent Fed Ex if I recall correctly. Hopefully whoever is in your place now will not be able to sign for the package or refuse it. If Fed Ex gets it back, they'd likely just return it to GenCon and then they'd probably try to contact you via phone or email.

22. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Hmmm FedEx, huh? That's odd. I would think they would come by regular mail, but I don't know for sure. I hope I get mine soon!!

23. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    As I said before in this thread, Gan con told me its being shipped via USPS regular mail ;)

24. darthhomeboy-G

Feb 19, 2005
    do i call for badges?? or send money. maybe not " will call. do or do not, there is no try"

25. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    passes have started arriving :D :D :D :D
    story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.