Its March, have you gotten your tickets in the mail yet?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by RogueRebel, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Got my topper in the mail today. Thats that. Hope the rest of you guy's worries are soon put to rest.
  2. Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Knight

star 1
    ^^The dark side of Gencon clouds everything....

Gencon will staff two customer service employees to handle the onslaught of emails to safely secure your badges; two customer service reps against against a bunch of angry fans? The first badge is away......HOORAY!!!.........the first badge is away.... Feeling alright, sir; I feel like I could take on Gencon all by myself 8-}

You....want.....this? (dangles a scanned picture of my badge and lanyard) No, you've failed, Gencon, I'm a screwed over fan...like the badge purchaser before me..............all too easy...........

Tony-WanKenobiNC<<<gives into the dark side and becomes a Star Trek fan :eek: ....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek:
  3. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Tony, dont give in to hate! That leads to Trekkieness! ;)
  4. Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Knight

star 1
    I won't....and I'll return (to will call<<<<<<meditate on this, I won't :oops: 8-}
  5. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    On the CIII site it says that if you haven't gotten your badge by April 6, THEN email GenCon. The GenCon rep who staffed a table at Norwescon this past weekend said that just the week before they mailed out 5000
  6. fallenjediorih Jedi Padawan

pass Day 31 and still no 4 day pass with fan club lanyard and Vader topper... :(

the madness is driving some of us out of our minds and still no word from GENCON! :)

I'm just sorta still glad I can joke about it for now... :)
  7. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Still no word here... maybe today...
  8. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    Another day... another empty mailbox

Frak!
  9. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    I wouldn't worry too much guys. They said wait until April 6th before emailing them and that's still a few days away yet. And even if that day passes, you can call them and still sort it out. And even failing that, you will be able to pick up your badges there like the international plebians have to do. (I have to pick up 2 different badges and my C3 party ticket!)

Everything will work out fine.

:)
  10. gandalfbmg Force Ghost

star 2
    Does anyone else, though, find it funny that the 'panic date' keeps slipping? First it was "don't worry (or email us) until April 1." Then April 4, now April 6.

*I see this carrot in front of me, but I don't understand why there's a string coming out of it.*

I totally understand that they're working on a duanting task, but the continual slippage of dates plus the lack of other communication or explanation is kind of offputting.
  11. obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I know they changed it to the 6th, but I am still &^*^$%%^*%# about it on the phone today if i dont get it in the mail. I dont care that they changed the date. They should have been able to get it out in time >:)
  12. LadyLessa Jedi Knight

star 1
    YES!!!! i got mine today, the badge, fanclub lanyard, topper and friends & family tickets. It was postmarked on March 30 in Seattle, Wa and I got it today in Ohio. I know it took over a week after the postmark for my husband and daughter to get theirs.
  13. Avilos Jedi Master

star 1
    I got my badges today but no friends and family tickets. I can get these at the con right? I have a 4-day badge and my father has single day badges for Friday and Saturday. On Thursday I will be able to get the tickets for him, right?
  14. jed1Yoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    Send an e-mail to gencon and explain your situation, they will drop your passes in the mail.
  15. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    I finally got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_dancing]
  16. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    It's not March anymore. :p Still nothing.
  17. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    I just sent out another email about my missing lanyard. I just want to know that I'll have it by the time I leave for Indy.

I'm just curious though about the folks who have orders that've been messed up and haven't gotten a response. When they're emailing about the mess up, are they starting in on rant, hell-bent on tearing them a new one or are they saying "Hey. I got this but not that. When can I expect it? Thanks." Like they say 'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' Why anyone would want to catch flies is beyond me, but that's a whole other set of issues.
  18. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I emailed them this morning, since I hadn't recieved mine, and here's the response I got back:

"We apologize for the delay but our last shipment is leaving today - 4/1.
    If you do not see your purchases by April 6th, email us back then."

So, I guess that explains things...sorta.
  19. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    When I emailed Lindsay @ Gencon today it was at 1:54pm CST. Here's the response I got 25 minutes later:

"It was put with our major ship out so you should see it soon. Thanks.

Lindsay Ohman
    Registration & Customer Service Manager
    Sales & Marketing Coordinator
    Technical Services, Webmaster
    Gen Con LLC"

I'm assuming the major ship is what's going out today. Let's all cross our fingers, toes, eyes & anything else that can be crossed that this ends the nightmare for everyone.
  20. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    *sighs* I really hope GenCon comes through (even it is at the last minute). *goes back to waiting impatiently for her badge*
  21. obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Knight

star 1
    AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
    Guess what, the mail just ran and the badges are not here. Surprise surprise. So I called Gencon and talked to Lindsay and she said oh, that was supposed to be that they shipped the last ones today. What really bugs me is the fact that she was arguing with me about the fact that the FAQ used to say that if you didn't have them by April 1st to contact them. She was trying to say that she was the webmaster and that it had always said the 6th. Now i know shes lying but she wont admit it. This stuff about lying to customers really bugs me, as Im sure that some other people saw that it originally said the 1st. Am i going insane or is she lying to me?
  22. jediman1 Jedi Padawan

Got my tickets today...YES!!! Only the note that came in my envelope was for Exhibitors. Did everyone get this??
  23. fallenjediorih Jedi Padawan

well Day 32 and still no 4 day pass with fan club lanyard and Vader topper... :(

the madness is driving some of us out of our minds and still no word from GENCON! :) :( :(

I'm just sorta still glad I can joke about it for now... :)

I'm also glad there are still alot of people posting they are receiving their packets...

But what I'm finding very disconcerning/disappointed is how GENCON is handling the distribution/sending of these packets. Because there are some that registered at the last minute and they are receiving it before those who registered much earlier. Just my 2 pennies...

24. movieboy Jedi Knight

star 1
    No badges today. I just e-mail Lindsay, so I hope she will get back to me sometime soon. I do remember the FAQ saying to contact them on the 1st if you have not gotten your badges.
  25. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm just asking this out of curiosity so don't start flaming me:

Other than the fact that pass are arriving sporadically, is it really that big of a sticking point for people who ordered their passes the first day to have not gotten them when some folks who waited till the last minute already have them? Or is it the fact that they haven't arrived at all?

Again, just curious, not trying to start a fight or anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.