main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its March, have you gotten your tickets in the mail yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by RogueRebel, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I must be in that last 4,000 cause i didnt get anything yet...

Lots of credit card offers.. lots of bills... junk mail...

No Star Wars Mail :(

2. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    Don't get too bent out of shape yet, I live in VA and I received my passes on Saturday. They were shipped out on Thursday 4/31.. it seems like the East coast was the last to get theirs mailed. (I met 5 other people at MM that were going to CIII and none of us at the time had our tickets) Give Gen Con until the 6th as they asked and I'm sure you'll be fine, you're not in a boat by yourself by anymeans.. think of the sheer number of people that DON'T post on TFN.. I'm sure there are some worried people out there, but you do have the website evidence of what you purchased..so not all is lost! <<<

hate to tell you, but I live in Virginia and I got our stuff March 26th. So I don't think it was where you lived that things were determined. I personally think there's no rhyme or reason to how they send out the passes and stuff.
    JMD

3. DarthPapercut

DarthPapercut Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    I got my badge, but unfortunately I can't go. I'm starting a new job.

If anyone is interested, I put my tickets on ebay. I'm not looking for a profit, just want to get some of my money back. If you have a friend that has decided to go, please pass this on:

Thanks!! Say Hi to Lando for me.

Sorry, can't post your auctions.

4. SkoXylo

SkoXylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    So, I got my ticket and topper, but that was it. No notes, no lanyard, no passes. Wow. Looks like they were having trouble packaging this stuff. I sent off an email a few days ago. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a reply?

5. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    GUESS WHAT??? I GOT MY TICKETS!!!!

Everything was actually right too, I even got my fan club lanyard. This is amazing. I am so happy, though my major thought right now is "holy **** I'm actually going!!!!"

6. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Connemara - I'm very happy you got your tickets.

You sounded so sad and down the past few days you even had me worried for you.

Anyone else still waiting? (other than us foreigners who are waiting until....the 20th :()

7. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    what is the email address to contact GenCon and tell them they left something out of my package. They forgot my topper

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I would try this one...they might direct you to someone else though: Registration@gencon.com

9. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Woot! I now have everything.
    2 each of:
    4 Day badges
    sets of F&F passes
    vader toppers
    fan club lanyards

And finally today I got my two Friday fan club breakfast tix :D:D They are really cool, with full color printing on a half sheet of card stock. Much better done then I expected :D Geeze I cannot wait for the 21st :D

10. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, man I was so nervous. But now it's like hitting me everything I hafta do and it's freaking me out. Not to mention I'm so excited I may not sleep between then and now, and then I'll die of exhaustion before I ever get there. Oh dear!

11. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Yay Caitlan! See? I told you it was nothing to worry about.

Well, not really, but when I was reading your whiny posts I was like "GOD, WHEN IS SHE GOING TO GET OVER IT? IT'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT."

12. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I still cant believe I got 2 fan club lanyards and I'm not even a member of hypercrap.

13. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    That's pretty rad, k3po. I wonder what would happen if I e-mailed them telling them they forgot to send me my lanyards.

14. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    "That's pretty rad, k3po. I wonder what would happen if I e-mailed them telling them they forgot to send me my lanyards. "

If I didnt have HS and did that, with my luck, they would probably find out and not let me into cel III for attempted fraud or something :p

15. ZOUKMASTERJEDI

ZOUKMASTERJEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Finally got my badge today!!
    =D=
    Everything was in order.
    ]-}

16. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Not like they will be able to pick you out of a crowd

17. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    here's a thought for all those who don't have Hyperspace:

still want that lanyard to get in an hour early?
    just pick up an Early Bird kit at WalMart. Yes, I know, it was only for the weekend. Well, I picked up 2 today at my local Wallyworld and the shelves are FULL of them.
    Open one up, and enter the code at starwars.com for your FREE 3 month trial membership. Now you too can get that cool Lanyard by picking it up at the FC booth! :D

18. TheHighEmperor

TheHighEmperor Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    Great,
    K3PO gets lanyards when he isn't a member, whereas I AM a Fan Club member and they inserted a nice letter into my package (which I received today) telling me that I wasn't.

The best part is that the computer print out that was in the envelope, indicated that I WAS a member, but someone who packaged it actually scratched through the 'Yes' underneath that column with a pen and wrote 'no'.

How retarded is that?

K3PO, care to mail me yours? :)

THE.

19. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    THE, may I suggest you email lindsay@gencon.com :) She should be able to help

20. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    TheHighEmperor posted on 4/5/05 5:43pm
    Great,
    K3PO gets lanyards when he isn't a member, whereas I AM a Fan Club member and they inserted a nice letter into my package (which I received today) telling me that I wasn't.

The best part is that the computer print out that was in the envelope, indicated that I WAS a member, but someone who packaged it actually scratched through the 'Yes' underneath that column with a pen and wrote 'no'.

How retarded is that?

K3PO, care to mail me yours? [face_happy]

THE.
    [hr][/blockquote]

The scratchout means that you said you were one, but at the time that they checked you against the database, you weren't listed as one.

21. TheHighEmperor

TheHighEmperor Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    carmenite42

I agree that procedure is what happened, but for whatever reason, they made a mistake.

I logged into Hyperspace right now just to make sure I am not crazy. My membership doesn't expire until after May (since I wanted to only pay for it once for the Episode III stuff).

But, let me ask a question, do I still need to register in line, if I have my two 4 day badges right here?

Also, what, besides getting in early, does the Fan Club lanyard offer? Is it worth going through the trouble of e-mailing Lindsay or getting in line at Indy to confirm they were indeed wrong?

Just curious if it's worth it just for an hour early...

THE.

22. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I got mine today

23. Corellian_Pilot

Corellian_Pilot Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2004
    I got my Lanyard, and Badge! But the toppers were not there. Were you supposed to get them when you registered early? I did in October '04.

24. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    Did you pay the 2.99 "Handling" fee?

(I put handling in quotations because we all know even with the lanyard and pass in an envelope they only payed $.83 per envelope to send out, so the handling fee isnt just for shipping it :p)

25. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    THE.

I was lucky and got my membership stuff, but I KNEW right from the time I signed up there would be problems.

I mean come on! A little check box? When I saw that, I went and got a copy of Insider and made absolutely sure my gencon account address was filled out exactly the same as the magazine label.

Very poorly implemnted by Gen-Con or Lucasfilm. One or the other dropped the ball big time and Gen-Con is feeling the wrath!!!

Hey Connemara, Congrats!!! Did you wear yours around the house like a big dope? I sure did [face_beatup] What a goober I am!

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.