main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its March, have you gotten your tickets in the mail yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by RogueRebel, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BC_Eagles_67

BC_Eagles_67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Removes Connemara off of the suicide watch list....

See, you can see the light only AFTER you get your tickets.. we all told you, you would be fine! :)

2. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    I know the FAQ says to wait until the 8th, but today is TWO WEEKS before the event, so I figure it's close enough to make some noise to GenCon (and besides, the FAQ originally said the 4th, and I don't like slippery deadlines).

So, I guess we'll just see what their response is.

And, yes, it is easier for you folks who've gotten yours to see the light... All I keep seeing is the packing and preparation we have to do, which seems kind of pointless since I'm not even sure if we're gonna be able to get in the door. I guess I won't feel like it's actually real and I can actually fly hundreds of miles unless I have that pass in my hand.

3. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    And, yes, it is easier for you folks who've gotten yours to see the light...

I have my badge but I personally think you're showing great constraint! If I knew the last of the badges had been sent out last Friday I would have emailed them beginning Tuesday. You have more patience than I do.

I hope you and all the other people waiting receive them soon.

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Got the word that everyone in my group now has their badge. And Carolyn is right. I would have been in their ear by now. Heck, all I was missing was my topper and I was emailing them right then.

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Badge finally received today, it was post marked Seattle, March 31. I have no idea why it took a week to get here, living in downtown Chicago I usually get super speedy delivery.

~H~

6. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Wow I just received my 4 day badge and topper...but not my lanyard like so many people are complaining about. Luckily I guess I DO have my latest Star Wars Insider to prove that I'm a member as well as my entire fan club kit that came about 3 months after I signed up...for all that patience I had and waiting etc and then they messed up my order! I'm rather frustrated.

Sarah

7. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I have not received mine as of yet. It really irks me because I ordered them the night they went on sale (13 hours to get them). They sure had no problems charging my credit card right away, so why can't I get my tickets?

I am glad I am not the only one waiting; my whole group has theirs and it was getting lonely...

8. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I got my badge on March 22nd!

9. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Someone asked about an e-mail for the insider. I was having trouble being a reconized member around the deadline time. (I had called the insider people and found out even thought my subscription was current and my check had been cashed, I was not a hyperspace member because they didn't have "authorization" to e-mail me my log in and code....) anyways, the person's email who helped me was

KWashburn@idg-entertainment.com

It's for Kathryn Washburn, Circulation Coordinator for IDG who handles the Insider. She has nothing to do with Gen Con but can help you if you have fan club problems. The e-mails I tried which got me to her were:

gpcs@insider.starwars.com and
    swicustserv@cdsfulfillment.com

Hope it helps.

Oh yeah, Stacie@gencon.com is suppose to be fixing my problems, I e-mailed Lindsey but never heard back.

10. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    well, I shoulda listened to the FAQ, cause when I came home tonight (4/8), THERE THEY WERE!!!

Oh, and while I when I logged in a couple days ago to check my account status, I noticed that it said 'yes' under fan club for me (I don't seem to recall ever owning a Hyperspace membership), but I figured they'd not find me on the list and realize it was a mistake. But, there in the envelope was an orange lanyard and 4 friendsnfamily coupons... I guess you CAN get pain and suffering rewards!

Now, I don't plan on getting there early just to stand in another line to be an hour early, but I know some of the shows have fan club first preferred seating... I used the lanyard for that, can the Mrs. use the coupons to accompany me?

11. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    yes she can come with you to 4 events

12. obiwanccna

obiwanccna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    I STILL have not received my tickets yet, but I have an e-mail that says that they will be shipped out on Monday, but that's only 7 days before I leave!

Also, If you never recieved the tickets, can you bring your confirmation e-mail to IND, and still get in?

I'll see if I will finally get my tickets this week, I hope!

13. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I hate to bring you the bad news, but I would not plan on being able to get in without a badge. I think that GenCon is going to be VERY strict on this, and not let anyone into the con without a badge.

14. obiwanccna

obiwanccna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    I recieved my tickets today!

Nothing was incorrect or damaged at all.

Has anyone else received theirs since the 1st?

15. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Well, they messed up a second time. Wrong breakfast pass. Sent me a Sunday Adult admission pass instead of the Sunday Breakfast pass. I cant believe this...

16. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Even though I shouldn't complain about anything,since I've had my badges for awhile,but this just kind of annoys me:

It's starting to bug me how GenCon is sending out the fan club lanyards for people who aren't fan club members. (Note: I'm not mad at you guys who got them,it was their mistake,you have a right to go ahead and use them. :)) But I'm just irritated that GenCon is messing up with it,because that stuff is supposed to be for the people who paid for their HS membership. And then the people who are fan club members aren't even getting them.

Again,I'm not mad at anyone here. Just the GenCon staff. :)

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I purchased the Walmart exclusive and it came with a 3 month trial of HS. Does that maybe sorta count?

18. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I got my stuff last Friday. My Mom had to ship it from Oregon, since Gencon doesn't ship outside the US, which is kinda silly, considering we paid so much for them in the first place.

Anyway, I got everything I was supposed to!

Only a week and a half away!!

YYIIPPPPYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. scar2d2

scar2d2 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    After reading this fourm I can't believe how many orders are screwed up, not complete or not filled. I even offered to pay for overnight so I could get my order before I leave on Wednesday. If you want to read more stories on The Gencon debacel Checkout my fourm "GENCON, I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS".
    Like I wrote before I hope this is not a preview of things to come.

20. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    i got my badge last week, and my fanclub lanyard and family coupons yesterday.

21. BC_Eagles_67

Jan 13, 2005
    k3po
    No because you're not in the fanclub.. you have a code that allows you to have access to the site but the fanclub membership is completely different. (ex. you don't receive a membership package or magazine with the Wally World offer). I realize you're probably joking but there are some truly stupid people that read these boards and I don't want them getting the wrong idea! ;)

22. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    BC, its a 3 month trial Hyperspace membership. That's what it says on the package. Therefore, in anyone's eyes, if you redeem the code before C3, since you have to go thru and set up an account over there, you are a Hyperspace member(which IS the fan club) for 3 months. You should get a lanyard.

So it's the Friday before the big show. I hope everyone has their tickets by now. :D

23. Aaron2010

Aaron2010 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    I don't !!

But, I'm picking them up at Will Call on Wednesday.

8-} 8-}

24. BC_Eagles_67

Jan 13, 2005
    GrandAdmiralStrife
    Have you used the code yet? I'm a member of the fanclub. (not just Hyperspace) The code does not add you to the data base of regular Hyperspace/Insider members. The 3 month trial membership is simply a marketing campaign to gather new fanclub members and more importantly to sell/market ROTS, it does not give you the opportunity to purchase a fanclub CIII pass. It's hard to explain over the net but the pass code sold through the Early Bird kit is not a fan club membership. (It's merely an access code to a website) You do not receive a membership kit, the Star Wars Insider or other Fan Club perks.. you just receive access to an OK website. :) Other magazines and internet services offer similar giveaways and for the most part all you're offered is junk mail and spam until the end of world.

6 days until I leave! :)

25. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Same here, I know I wont be able to sleep Tuesday morning. Thanks god our plane leaves at 6am. I plan on having a beer in Indy around noon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.