main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its March, have you gotten your tickets in the mail yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by RogueRebel, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I got my badges today, but I'm a bit worried. I ordered one with a fan club lanyard, and that Vader "3 in 1 topper" but only got my 4-day badges and friends and family passes, yet it shows I've paid for all of that on my receipt. Are they shipping the lanyards and toppers separately? I sent an e-mail to that address on the paper that came with my tix but haven't received a reply yet.

2. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah, I got my lanyard but not my topper, so I sent an email too. I am not pleased.

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Hooray, I got my 4 day pass, 3 in 1 topper, and orange lanyard in the mail today!

No sign of the friend and family passes though, so I'll have to e-mail GenCon about that.

4. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I haven't received mine yet, but here's a stupid question- are they being shipped in boxes or those big envelopes?

5. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    That's awesome some of you gusy have gotten yours! I ordered our passes around mid/late October so I hope I get them pretty soon. :D

Oh,and great call by LFL and GenCon to make the Fan Club lanyards bright orange. That'll help move things along faster. :)

6. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I was so excited to come home yesterday and see a white poufy envelope from GenCon

Was

They totally messed up my order!

What I ordered (and confirmed on the invoice enclosed with tickets):
    1 adult 4-day pass
    1 Saturday adult badge
    1 Saturday child badge
    1 Thursday adult badge

What I received:
    2 adult 4 day badges
    1 adult Thursday badge
    1 adult Sunday badge

Also I am a fan club member but did not receive my lanyard. Also no friends and family passes!

I hope they have time to correct all the mess-ups they are making!

Its nice to have an extra 4-day pass, but it doesn't help my kid out any!

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Thats kinda scary about all the screw-ups. With a little over a month before the con, their gonna have a time correcting everything. Crossing my fingers that my simple little order ( 1 Hyperspace Member Adult Four Day and a topper) wasnt to difficult.

8. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hm...do they ship in chronological order based on when you ordered? Cause if that's the the case I'm gonna be waiting a looong time. I ordered my pass in like early Feb I think, but then I didn't order my friend's until late feb. :confused:

9. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I really wish GenCon gave you a shipping status under your account on their website, that would help alot.

Plus you may want to verify your GenCon account info. I logged into it at the begining of this month to verify my settings and found that "Ship it to me" had been changed to "Will Call"!! I changed it right away and emailed them to verify that I would still be good for shipping, they said I was. Now all I can do is wait and hope.

10. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Im a NON-HS member. If they dont include a lanyard like they did on the last two, thats just lame. I mean seriously, these are more expensive to buy this time around, they can include a lanyard of the quality of the C2 one and I didnt have to ask for them. I rather have a lanyard, then some stupid DV topper. :rolleyes:

11. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    They must not go in chronological order. I didn't order mine until mid-to-late Feb (waiting for my tax refund LOL). But then again, mine was screwed up

Also didi not receive ANY lanyard, just some cheap-o elastic strings

12. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Still waiting on mine...

Simple 4-day pass and topper order so I hope they get it right.

13. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    What's the email address to report screwed up orders? At this point I'm expecting mine to be too. :rolleyes:

14. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Registration@GenCon.com

15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    "Also didi not receive ANY lanyard, just some cheap-o elastic strings "

Amazing!!!!! Cheap *** company.

I'll just use the C2 lanyards they supplied last time, friggen lame though. Charge $95 for a badge abd all you get is a plastic string. [face_frustrated]

16. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Thankfully, I got everything I was supposed to get:

4-day Adult Pass
    Fan Club Lanyard
    Vader Topper
    Friends & Family Passes

17. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    There are firms that do nothing but this sort of fufillment for companies. Why one cannot be used is beyond me. Seems like Gen-Con is trying to do too much themselves.

Doc

18. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Wow, I'm really surprised to see all the other mix-ups. :eek:

I still haven't received an email back from the address that was on the paper that came with my badges (lindsay@gencon.com)

Also I am a fan club member but did not receive my lanyard.

Good to know I'm not the only one in that situation.

This sucks! I'm hoping the rest of my stuff will get here soon. But since I have my friends and family passes, does that mean (if I don't get my fan club lanyard) I can still get into all the fan club stuff?

19. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Mail just came. Still no passes. Grrrr!!!!

20. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I keep hearing of all of these screw-ups with orders. I haven't gotten my passes yet (grr) and am beginning to worry that my order has been screwed up. All I have is a 4-day Adult pass and a 3-in-1 topper.

21. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I just called my mom...still nothing in the mail.

I think she's getting annoyed that this is the only reason I call her anymore. ;)

22. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Well, at least some people are getting the correct orders....I mean how hard is it to mail the right thing? Look up the order and put the stuff in a bag. Wow.

23. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Mine hasn't arrived either. Every day this week I've driven home on my lunch hour to look for it. Nothing! Blast it!

24. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    What's worse, QUIGONJINN02, is that there's even a receipt that comes with it that lists everything that should be in it, with the exception of the 4 HS guest passes. When it says that I should have a Vader topper and my envelope is flat, I think something was missed...

25. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm beginning to think I should be thankful mine hasn't arrived yet. Maybe they'll be more careful with the rest due to the complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.