main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its March, have you gotten your tickets in the mail yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by RogueRebel, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I got my lanyards and toppers.

just email gencon.

2. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    So you got a response from them after you e-mailed?

3. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Got my order and it was right.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Still no sign of Skywalker or Solo.. err.. I mean my ticket :(

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Good lord, can't GenCon get ANYTHING right with this convention??? First the disasters with signing up for everything from hotels to events, and now they can't even get people's passes right. I hope LFL boots them off any future events.

6. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    I predict MANY screwups with the fanclub Lanyards. Just checking a little box, using the honor system? I know they kept saying that they were somehow going to cross check with the hyperspace database, but that really never quite sounded true to me. If that was actually how they were going to do it, there should have been explicit instructions to make the address and/or name exactly the same as your HS membership. Or perhaps asking for your HS username or something.

It just seemed like an afterthought. Like the IT departments at Lucas and Gen-Con never got around to figuring out how to interface their databases, so they just added that little check box to cover their a** after time ran out.

I just hope I'm one of the lucky ones that gets all his stuff.

Doc

7. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    I hope I dont turn up to wil call on the 20th and find out i dont have the members pass. Might be a good idea to print out all my hyperspace reciepts and take them to usa with me to prove im a hyperspace memeber.

8. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I emailed them immediately after I opened the enverlope and saw the order was wrong. Have yet to hear from them. And now its the weekend so I doubt anyone will be there checking. So I have no idea if my email even got there

9. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I've got nothing yet. Should I be worried yet?

!snap

10. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I don't think there is need to worry YET that you haven't gotten yours. I haven't gotten mine either - they had thousands to send out, I'm sure they will start filtering through soon. Let's just hope our orders are CORRECT!

11. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Sure hate it for all you folks whose passes were screwed up. Luckily all that was wrong with my order was the missing topper, which is still inexcusable. Only three bucks but still.

12. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Got mine yesterday. 4-day pass, the letter and reciept and thats it. Not only did I not get my fan club lanyard, they didnt even send me the cheap one. No friend/family passes, no fan club lanyard, and no vader topper. I too have email them, but this is going to drive me nuts now. I had better get my lanyard sent to me in the mail ASAP, because if they say all this stuff will be fixed at the will call then whats the point!

When wizzards did Celebration I figured they just had not done that many conventions so that was why they had all the screw ups. I expected more from GenCon :(

13. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    I got my two badges, lanyards, and toppers yesterday with no problems. :) Both my fiance and I are fan club members, so we have our 4 friends/family passes each (total of 8) that we won't need if anyone ends up NOT getting theirs and desperatly needs some. :)

14. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I figure I'm prolly screwed when it comes to the fan club lanyard, because I only renewed my fanclub membership in early February. I was really hoping to get that, too. :( Now it looks like I wasted the $40 membership, since I really only wanted it for the lanyard and friends and family passes.

15. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I renewed my membership in early Feb. as well. I'm assuming that it didn't hurt anything though, since I had membership status before then.

~Dave

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    4 Day Pass: Check

Orange Hyperspace Fan club Laynyard: Check

Vader Topper: Check.. though the 'screw' falls right out.. it's a moniter topper now.

4 passes, three of which I'll give to Cate (one to keep as a souvie) Check!

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I would just like to know how there can be so many mistakes. It really shouldn't be that hard to read what's on the receipt and put them into the package. Did they hire a temp for minimum wage just to do this or what? It sounds like there are more then just a few people with problems, so I can only imagine the total number of people with the wrong stuff. This is going to create mass confusion on the first day. How are they going to verify who should really have what? Anyone can tell them that they didn't receive the correct badges now and get extra and it will cost GenCOn in the long run.

18. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I can see this quickly becomming screwed up if we are not already there.

EV Edit: I'm sorry that acronym isn't allowed on the boards, even though I echo your sentiments, please refrain from using it in the future.

19. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Still nothing in today's mail.

!snap

20. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Nothin for me either. Here's hoping it'll be there on Monday!

21. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    everything good on my end

Badge
    Lanyard
    Topper

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    JUST got it in the mail. Everything looks good.

23. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Nothing for me yet. Now I'm excited (and a little scared ;))!

24. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Nothin so far. :(

25. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    nothing here either [face_frustrated] and i hope they get it right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.