main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's MST3K! Live and In Theaters! - December 4 @ 7 PM - Santa Claus (1959)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Jul 20, 2009.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    The guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000 will be doing a live performance of Plan 9 from Outer Space on August 20th.

I just checked and it looks like the AMC Promenade in Westminster and Greenwood Plaza 12 in Greenwood Village will be showing this. Anyone else interested in going?

http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/Comedy/RiffTrax.aspx?utm_source=Rifftrax_Eblast&utm_medium=RT_Email&utm_campaign=Rifftrax_Event_Page

[i]RiffTrax LIVE: Plan 9 from Outer Space
    08/20/2009

Join the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the comedy event of the year!

Fathom Events presents RiffTrax LIVE: Plan 9 from Outer Space, [b]an evening of LIVE riffing on the Worst Movie Ever Made beaming into movie theaters nationwide on Thursday, August 20th at[/b] 8PM ET/ 7PM CT/ [b]6PM MT[/b]/ Tape Delayed at 8PM PT.

Join Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy (Tom Servo) and Bill Corbett (Crow T. Robot), now of RiffTrax.com, as they are reunited in HD for the first time ever on the big screen! This event will feature the world premiere of a brand new, never-before-seen short and non-stop hilarious riffing on a COLOR version of ?Plan 9 from Outer Space?- a 1959 science fiction/horror film written, produced and directed by Edward D. Wood Jr.

This event will be hosted by Veronica Belmont, the Host of Tekzilla on Revision3 and Qore on the PlayStation Network, with Musical Guest Jonathan Coulton and a special segment by Rich ?Lowtax? Kyanka of Something Awful.

Everyone Loves Free Stuff?
    All event attendees will receive FREE exclusive digital goodies including a never before seen downloadable short, an autographed digital photo of the guys and a song by the RiffTones! A URL and code will be revealed on-screen at the end of the event.

This one night event will be broadcast LIVE out of the Belcourt Theater in Nashville, TN into your local movie theater. Don?t miss an exciting evening of LIVE riffing, zombies, aliens, cheesy performances, wisecracks, laughable special effects and more!

To find out more about RiffTrax, visit [link=http://www.rifftrax.com]www.RiffTrax.com[/link].[/i]

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ben if you want to go to the one in Greenwood Village I would be down for that...i could walk there from my office. I would NEVER make it up to the one in Westminster by 6 PM.

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I want to go!

Where is Greenwood Village?

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    It is south of the DTC...at arapahoe road. two exits down from the Marriott where Starfest is.

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    DANG i just saw they are broadcasting live in Nashville...That theater is pretty cool too...older nice.

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, realistically it'd probably be best for me to shoot for Greenwood Village as well. IIRC, that's a newly-renovated theater.

Plan 9 from Outer Space is definitely one of the worst films ever made. I can't wait for this! :D

7. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I want to go but its a thursday. stupid pueblo.

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm sure we will go, but it will be at the North end of town. Same problem of getting to that side of town during rush hour.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    count me in then. :)

10. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    ditto

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY!

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    tickets are $12.50 each :eek:

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Not surprising, considering our $11 "matinee" on Sunday.

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Weekends the times are way earlier then on weekdays, we went to a 5pm showing, I didn't think that would be matinee. Mine was $10, did you buy online?

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    No, I bought at the box office. It was probably $10. (Not that that's much better.)

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    For those who don't know what's going on, some of us are going to the Promenade in Westminster, and some of us are going to Greenwood Village.

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes & then we can just text & act like we are all together :p

6pm is way too early for anyone that works until 5pm to get to the other side of town by 6, so there!

I know Jeff wants to go but has lots & lots to do this week, I'm sure we will be there.

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't think this is going to be a movie where people stay quiet. :p

And yeah, nobody expects anyone to drive all the way across town by 6.

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Not going to happen.

20. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Well I am smack dab in the middle and neither location is close to me. I usually dont get off til 6pm so I am not sure...

Who is going to be at which theater?

21. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Is this a competition? Can I be a better friend than Grimby? [face_praying] I may not rub your feet like he would, but I'll get you a courtesy cup of water!

;)

FF and I would be at the Promenade.

22. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    No, if I go it will be to the Westminster one, but I want to be sure there will be people going to this theater.

23. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Buying tickets today...

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
  25. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry, $25 for two just seems a little much for this to me. You guys have fun.