main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's MST3K! Live and In Theaters! - December 4 @ 7 PM - Santa Claus (1959)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Jul 20, 2009.

1. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011

I can do July 10. I have plans until 6:00 pm ish but the show starts at 7:00 pm. Are you guys still interested FF and DieWompRatDie? Grimby, how does 7/10 work? Anyone else interested? Bel-Mar works for me.

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Alas, due to having something that next day (Friday) and the BBQ on Saturday and then youth (energy) camp being the next exhausting week, I'm going to have to pass. I still haven't seen this movie, but Sharknado and I continue to pass in non-intersecting tornado-like circles.

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Chris and I would like to go. Me for sure - Chris depends on her schedule.

4. zeraduel

Mar 15, 2011
    Nerfherders, July 10th or 15th preference? Grimby? My first preference is July 15. But I could do either.

5. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    10th. cant do 15th

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm down for this Thursday the 10th as well.

7. zeraduel

Mar 15, 2011
    This thursday it is. What are your top three theater choices Nerfherders and Grimby ? Mine is Belmar and then CO Mills, then anything within 10 miles north or south of 6th.

8. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Same for me.

9. zeraduel

Mar 15, 2011
    Sounds like Cinemark in Belmar at 7:00 pm it is! Just waiting for Grimby to confirm.

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Sounds good. I'll see you guys there!

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    FanForced and I are planning on seeing the Rifftraxed up Godzilla (the one with Matthew Broderick and in New York). It's playing on the 14th, but we're planning to go to the rebroadcast on Tuesday, August 19th.

It's at the Westminster Promenade and Colorado Mills on the 19th. Showtime is at 7:30. Anybody else interested in going?

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/riffzilla

12. zeraduel

Mar 15, 2011
    It's time for another Riff Trax Live: Santa Claus! This is going to be based on the 1950's "classic." http://www.rifftrax.com/event/rifftrax-live-santa-claus

It's only airing one day, Thursday, December 4th at 7:00 pm. Let's find out who is interested and then determine a place. Grimby can you update the threat title?

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I can take card of that for ya since Grimby is more or less on sabbatical.

I'll see if we're free that day and interested.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Tonight! zeraduel, you going?

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I was planning to go, but my dad is in town unexpectedly. Have fun!

-- Sent from my R2 unit

16. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    So Rifftrax is going to be doing four shows this year. Sadly they are relying more and more on begging their fanbase to fund their projects as all four shows are funded through e-begging. I think Rifftrax's quality has been decling in recent years too, they seem to rely to much on internet memes and PT putdowns. Their riffing all seems to becoming more snarky and mean spirted too. I kind of dislike Mike now for saying Lucas wizzed the PT down his pants, I totally disagree with Mike's opinion on that. I just find Rifftrax going downhill anymore, it was good when it first started. It was never MST3K good to me, but was pretty good but the last couple of years they seemed to have really declined in quality. On MST3K they seemed like cool, easy going guys but on Rifftrax in recent years they seem bitter.

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Personally, I'm not offended by their opinions of the prequels. They've had similar opinions of countless other films and actors over the course of Rifftrax and even MST3K (I lost count how many times they made fun of Joe Don Baker). Besides, as beloved as they are, there are a lot of flaws in the prequels and they deserve to be riffed just like any other movie.

The main reason they've been doing the Kickstarter campaigns is because they're trying to riff more recent Hollywood films and it costs them tens of thousands of dollars to get the rights to them for live shows. They raised more than $250k for Twilight, but it still wasn't enough to secure the rights and they had to do Starship Troopers instead (which probably still cost a hefty amount). In their past live shows (and on MST3K), they always did movies that were either public domain or cost next to nothing for the rights, so they didn't need a bunch of money up front.

You might also notice that all 3 of the Kickstarter campaigns they've done were very well funded: the Twilight Kickstarter campaign (481% funded), the Anaconda/Godzilla campaign (265% funded) and this current campaign, "The Crappening" (currently 240% funded).

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  18. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    It's called crowdfunding, not e-begging. Welcome to the future.