It's MST3K! Live and In Theaters! - July 10 or 15 - Sharknado awesomeness!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby, Jul 20, 2009.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    The guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000 will be doing a live performance of Plan 9 from Outer Space on August 20th.

I just checked and it looks like the AMC Promenade in Westminster and Greenwood Plaza 12 in Greenwood Village will be showing this. Anyone else interested in going?

RiffTrax LIVE: Plan 9 from Outer Space
    08/20/2009

Join the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the comedy event of the year!

Fathom Events presents RiffTrax LIVE: Plan 9 from Outer Space, an evening of LIVE riffing on the Worst Movie Ever Made beaming into movie theaters nationwide on Thursday, August 20th at 8PM ET/ 7PM CT/ 6PM MT/ Tape Delayed at 8PM PT.

Join Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy (Tom Servo) and Bill Corbett (Crow T. Robot), now of RiffTrax.com, as they are reunited in HD for the first time ever on the big screen! This event will feature the world premiere of a brand new, never-before-seen short and non-stop hilarious riffing on a COLOR version of ?Plan 9 from Outer Space?- a 1959 science fiction/horror film written, produced and directed by Edward D. Wood Jr.

This event will be hosted by Veronica Belmont, the Host of Tekzilla on Revision3 and Qore on the PlayStation Network, with Musical Guest Jonathan Coulton and a special segment by Rich ?Lowtax? Kyanka of Something Awful.

Everyone Loves Free Stuff?
    All event attendees will receive FREE exclusive digital goodies including a never before seen downloadable short, an autographed digital photo of the guys and a song by the RiffTones! A URL and code will be revealed on-screen at the end of the event.

This one night event will be broadcast LIVE out of the Belcourt Theater in Nashville, TN into your local movie theater. Don?t miss an exciting evening of LIVE riffing, zombies, aliens, cheesy performances, wisecracks, laughable special effects and more!

To find out more about RiffTrax, visit www.RiffTrax.com.
    />
  2. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Ben if you want to go to the one in Greenwood Village I would be down for that...i could walk there from my office. I would NEVER make it up to the one in Westminster by 6 PM.
  3. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    I want to go!

Where is Greenwood Village?
  4. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    It is south of the DTC...at arapahoe road. two exits down from the Marriott where Starfest is.
  5. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    DANG i just saw they are broadcasting live in Nashville...That theater is pretty cool too...older nice.
  6. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Yeah, realistically it'd probably be best for me to shoot for Greenwood Village as well. IIRC, that's a newly-renovated theater.

Plan 9 from Outer Space is definitely one of the worst films ever made. I can't wait for this! :D
  7. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    I want to go but its a thursday. stupid pueblo.
  8. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    I'm sure we will go, but it will be at the North end of town. Same problem of getting to that side of town during rush hour.
  9. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    count me in then. :)
  10. FanForced Force Ghost

star 4
    ditto
  11. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY!
  12. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    tickets are $12.50 each :eek:
  13. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Not surprising, considering our $11 "matinee" on Sunday.
  14. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Weekends the times are way earlier then on weekdays, we went to a 5pm showing, I didn't think that would be matinee. Mine was $10, did you buy online?
  15. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    No, I bought at the box office. It was probably $10. (Not that that's much better.)
  16. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    For those who don't know what's going on, some of us are going to the Promenade in Westminster, and some of us are going to Greenwood Village.
  17. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Yes & then we can just text & act like we are all together :p

6pm is way too early for anyone that works until 5pm to get to the other side of town by 6, so there!

I know Jeff wants to go but has lots & lots to do this week, I'm sure we will be there.
  18. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I don't think this is going to be a movie where people stay quiet. :p

And yeah, nobody expects anyone to drive all the way across town by 6.
  19. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
  20. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    Well I am smack dab in the middle and neither location is close to me. I usually dont get off til 6pm so I am not sure...

Who is going to be at which theater?
  21. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    Is this a competition? Can I be a better friend than Grimby? [face_praying] I may not rub your feet like he would, but I'll get you a courtesy cup of water!

;)

FF and I would be at the Promenade.

22. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    No, if I go it will be to the Westminster one, but I want to be sure there will be people going to this theater.
  23. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    Buying tickets today...

24. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
  25. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry, $25 for two just seems a little much for this to me. You guys have fun.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby