main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends It's Not the Heat, It's the Humidity (L/M viggie; yep, again - one of the Temperature series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey, oba, an idea has occurred!

I was rereading The Blanket Incident, and I found this paragraph:

I reached forward with my hand, almost touching her, than reluctantly stopped. Even with such a simple touch, I wouldn?t take advantage of her trust to sleep in my presence. I seemed to feel the weight of time as I remembered, years ago, her giving me a blanket simply because I was cold. That was the first time I ever saw the gently caring part of Mara, that so rarely made an appearance. I had seen flits over it over the years, since then, and remembered each and every one distinctly and clearly. Most of all, perhaps, in that time when I had been so emotionally vulnerable, as I hadn?t been for years ? when Callista left me. That was probably the first time Mara had ever seen me in that context . . . and I wondered what she had thought.

Perhaps you could write one about Mara and Luke interacting during the whole Callista debacle? I don't have a title, but it would be a good idea, I think. I love hearing stories about them relating during/after Callista.

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Dev_Binks: Thank you. :)

kayladie97: Wow! :eek: You reread them all?? :p You're going to love this, but I agree with your choices - except the last, it hasn't been long enough for me to view that one objectively yet. :) Those are my favorites, as well, for essentially the same reason. The Blanket Incident was just so simple - it's a nice, clear story, I think.

Warming Up is probably my best Mara viggie ever (and I mean Mara, not totally L/M). It Got Too Hot was interesting because even though I did keep it to PG, that was the farthest I'd ever gone at the time. :p Anyway, I'm growing fond of this one, gradually. 8-}

Rivad_Bacar: Your sig is appropriate. ;)

Emmi: That's an interesting suggestion, Emmi - I'll definitely do something with the subject, even if a full viggie isn't devoted to it. :) I'd forgotten I even had that line in there, so I hadn't really considered that the Callista incident even happened. 8-} Also, that was from It Was Cold, not The Blanket Incident. TBI occurred before Callista.

Anyway, I suppose that's something I'll have to deal with now. :p *sigh* Because it is going to affect Luke and Mara to some degree. ;) Ah well, this is all AU, I can do whatever I want to make things fit. 8-} [face_mischief]

3. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Ah, well. I was rereading them all and got confused. ;)

4. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Thank you! [face_blush]

Romantics of the world unite! [face_love]

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Great, as usual :D

6. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    EmilieDarklighter: *giggles* You were rereading them? [face_blush] Thank you, darling. :D

Rivad_Bacar: *finishes* ... And drive Oba made with requests for more sequels. :p

Lt_Jaina_Solo: Thank you! :D

7. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Upsy just in case. ;)

8. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    I had no clue that you wrote two more!! :eek: No-one told me!! :_| Better late than never, I suppose...

This was a very nice, quiet moment between the two of them. Not too mushy, but very emotional. Some really unique thoughts in this piece.

?What is with Skywalker and remote locations??

:D

I?m a farmboy, as you love to keep reminding me.?

Hehe...these two are really cute together!

?Anakin,? Luke instantly corrected. ?But yes. Today is the day ??

?He died,? I murmured.

Yes...this was very unique! It never entered my mind that Luke would mourn for his Father, and yet, it makes complete sense. How...mixed up...he must feel. You portrayed his feelings very well. :)

She sees how things were and are, and I guess . . . I guess I see what could have been.

Okay...(I'm walking on glass here!) I am not critisizing you at all--it's just that Luke is a very difficult character to write. But all throughout this series, however extraordinarily well they have been written, Luke hasn't been very Lukeish... *blushes to think that she is bashing Oba's fics* But this vignette, and specifically, the portions where he talks about Anakin and ESPECIALLY the above quote, he was SO LUKE! Wonderful job! I can COMPLETELY imagine him saying the above line. :D

I'm on to read the last one!!

9. Benjor45

Benjor45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2003
    Hey, Oba!

Great stuff as always. It's great to see the emotional growth of Mara in your series.

Go and take a look at The Blanket Incident and compare how she was there with how she's here.

Then there's my favorite, Warming up where she's still insecure and Luke is there for her.

Now in this one she's there for teh Kid, understanding and suporting him.

You've jumped all over the timeline in your vignette series, but the evolution of Mara's relationship and opening up to Luke is perfect and realistic.

I bow to you, your Obaness, the Ona and only Cool Lady of the Temperature Series. :D [face_laugh]

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *offers chocolate and roses!*

Belated Valentine's Day UP!

11. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Awww... this was great!!! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.