main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its Official guys. I'm moving.

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Yeah I've had enough of Cleveland and decided to go home. Well enough of working here and the crap neighborhood and the outrageous taxes. I put in for and got a transfer to Denver. I'll be moving on Oct 1st. Alot faster than I thought it would be. I got a ton to do before I go. I still havnt finished filming my movie. But I should be done in a couple of weeks including ADR. Think I'm going to do that the TBX way. In the car. :p So anyway. Its funny, I really didnt want to move to Cleveland when I did. But man I'm sure glad I did. So much has happened here that has changed or effected my life. I've made some really good friends here and you will be missed. I AM going to CIII and plan on rooming with you guys. So save me a spot! I'm going to want to have a get together before I go. We are having the wrap party on Aug 29th. At least that was the plan. Maybe we should just combine the wrap party with a last hurrah. I'll show the film and we'll have food and what not. What if we do it all on Sept 25th? Its a Sat. We could watch the OT on DVD and do MST3K on it. So anyway what do you guys think?

2. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    first thing: bogus...

second thing: i'm in...

-b-

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I can understand that, Bret. I'll likely be moving around that time myself.

We could watch the OT on DVD and do MST3K on it. So anyway what do you guys think?
    Huh? No. Idea what you're talking about.

4. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Huh? No. Idea what you're talking about.

I think he means Mystery Science Theatre 3000. I've watched it a couple of times, it's pretty funny.

Denver, eh? My roommate lives in Denver. I'm actually probably visiting her next summer. She really loves it there, so I hope you do, too.

5. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Ah okay.
    I've watched it and thought it was hillarious, but I didn't really watch enough to know the names of the robots. ;)

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    In true Random style:

This sucks, but ya gotta do what you gotta do. I'm also toying with moving to Atlanta, somewhere in Florida, or somewhere in California once I'm done with school.

I'll be okay with going to the party if I don't have too much homework.

MST3K is Mystery Science Theater 3000, where this guy and 2 robots (their names are Crow and Tom Servo) watch horrible movies and redo the lines of the characters to make it really funny. Of course the SW movies aren't horrible, but I still love MST3King them anyway. You can ask Cindy about the lines I was doing for Luke and Leia in ROTJ during the "you're my sister" scene.

7. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    You can ask Cindy about the lines I was doing for Luke and Leia in ROTJ during the "you're my sister" scene.

Heh, I remember that one. ;)

Bret, so sorry to hear that you are leaving. It seems like everyone's life is changing.

I'm in for the party, whenever it is, just tell me so I can get off work.

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    :(

Wow..that is fast for you to be going Bret...but the OT party seems like a good idea to have one last party here with you until CIII.

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    That sucks that you're moving, Bret. You'll always be a JKOCer in my book, though.

And once plans for the going away party are set, I'll do my best to make sure I'm there.

10. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    MST3K is Mystery Science Theater 3000, where this guy and 2 robots (their names are Crow and Tom Servo) watch horrible movies and redo the lines of the characters to make it really funny.
    One of the GREATEST (and funniest) shows on T.V. :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck in Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Moneyshot

Moneyshot Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    Hate to see you leave, Bret. It sucks that you have to leave, but at least you can get away from those stupid kids in your neighborhood. Did I tell you I hate kids? They're awful. Not your kid, Bret. Your kid's alright, but those neighborhood kids...I just want to get in my car and run over those jerks.

Anyway, if there's free food, I'm coming to the party, but will there be any hot chicks there? When I was driving down the freeway one day, I saw this smoking hot girl in the car next to me. I was like "how are you doing there, gorgeous" and she accelerated, trying to get away from me, and I was like "oh, no you don't" and I was driving 80 miles an hour just so I could stare at her hot knockers.

So I would really like it if you could get some hot chicks there. Hey, Drew. Could you call up your hot cousin Katie and invite her. She's so hot. I'd like to tear her up like a parking ticket.

12. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Sure thing MS. Anything for you.

See guys I'm not MS.

13. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    It's a real bummer that you're leaving, Bret. But I've gotta thank you for being here as long as you have, or else I'd have never had the privilege of performing in both fanfilms you've put together. You've been a great friend and member of the group, and can't thank you enough for everything...helping with the TIE suits, making the fanfilms, and everything else. I hope everything goes smoothly with your job relocation to Denver. Gonna miss ya, man.

PS- Now I know who posted as MS that time. ROFL funny stuff.

14. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    We've been talking about this for a while (planning RoP and TIE costumes) but now that there is a definate "moving date" really brings it home...and reminds us how much not having you in Cleveland is gonna suck!

Denver's gain is our lose...but you're still "family" IMO and you'd better stay in touch online! ;)

15. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Sorry you have to leave. You were a great friend, and an amazing filmmaker. I'm really looking forward to the wrap party.

And Moneyshot, I don't think my cousin would want to come. I think she's scared of you for some reason.

16. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Thanks guys.

Well I'll be leaving town on or about Oct 1. So Sat the 25th of Sept sounds to me like a real good choice. We'll do a BBQ pot luck. I'll provide the meat. And you guys can sign up to bring something. Make it cheep and easy. We'll hang out and watch some flicks and roast some dowel rods! The only real question is where? I'd have it at my place but I'll be in full packing mode and it probably wont work. Cindy and Eric and mentioned that we might be able to have the RoP wrap party at their places but that was just the cast. This will be a couple more. Any suggestions?

All in favor of the 25th say "AYE"!

17. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I'm sorry you're leaving Bret but I wish you the best of luck.

I'll most likely have to work the 25th but I'll be done by 6pm so I could head over then. Somehow I don't think this party will be ending early.

18. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Aye, captain. (jeez, that sounded so Trek-kish)

19. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm good for the 25th!

Might want to think about having it at one of the many Metroparks. Darby Creek (near Valleyview) has been a good place for us, and there is a nice place just off of Snow Road (close to where Reborn and I live)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.